Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blessed Knight

I live in a house with four other girls. One is my girlfriend and one is my baby sister/best friend. I've been so damn depressed lately. I can't even talk to them. I can't express to them what I'm feeling right now. I don't know how too. I've lived my life hiding my pain from others. Expressing it is not something I can learn easily. I don't know what to do. I just want the pain to go away. I don't know how to live this life anymore.

Friendly Lunatic

Why do you feel depressed? Is there a reason or do you not know?

Dangerous Roisterer

4,275 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
A man does not talk about his feelings, ESPECIALLY in the presence of women.

Blessed Knight

Amethyst Starburst

I have no idea. Its been like this all summer. I knew coming back to school wasn't going to be easy. I just didn't think it would be this hard. I miss how I could talk to them. Now I just feel like sitting in my room all day doing anything that will keep me away from them and the awkward tension.

Blessed Knight

Hilda Kaiser

neutral
I am a woman.

Dangerous Hunter

9,150 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Heavenly Edge
Hilda Kaiser

neutral
I am a woman.

Ha, I felt the 'You're a complete idiot' vibe from here!

Blessed Knight

Sgt_Wingman
Heavenly Edge
Hilda Kaiser

neutral
I am a woman.

Yeah. Someone obviously didn't catch the "I live in a house with four *other* girls" portion...

Dangerous Roisterer

4,275 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Heavenly Edge
Hilda Kaiser

neutral
I am a woman.

My bad. You said girlfriend and I assumed you were male.

Well ignore that comment then...

Blessed Knight

Hilda Kaiser
Heavenly Edge
Hilda Kaiser

neutral
I am a woman.

Yeah. I intended to. And fyi, my boyfriend lives an hour north of me. Her boyfriend is in an entire different state.

Friendly Lunatic

Heavenly Edge
Amethyst Starburst

I have no idea. Its been like this all summer. I knew coming back to school wasn't going to be easy. I just didn't think it would be this hard. I miss how I could talk to them. Now I just feel like sitting in my room all day doing anything that will keep me away from them and the awkward tension.

If you don't know why you're feeling this way, perhaps you should sit down and think hard about what exactly is making you feel horrible. There could be a number of reasons, some could even include poor diet or lack of sleep. It could also be a chemical imbalance in your brain that needs medication. If you can, I suggest you get a therapist if you don't want to talk to her family.

If you can't afford a therapist, then figure out why you don't want to talk to your family. Did they do something that upset you? Or do you just feel like perhaps it is you that is drifting away from them? Do you feel like what you really want is just to talk to them and be with them, but you're keeping yourself away from them this is why you are upset with yourself? My own therapist calls this 'Self sabotage'. You have to make the step out of your comfort zone and actually talk to them, even if you feel like it wont make a difference.

Expressing yourself to your family shouldn't be that hard, all it takes is for you to be able to talk. even if you don't know what to say, just talk to them.

Dangerous Hunter

9,150 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Heavenly Edge
Sgt_Wingman
Heavenly Edge
Hilda Kaiser

neutral
I am a woman.

Yeah. Someone obviously didn't catch the "I live in a house with four *other* girls" portion...

Ha ha ha, Life can't possibly be any harder than you make it. Eat, Breathe, Sleep, and everything in between to accomplish those three goals. And in a houseful of women, can you answer this parable for me?

'If women are always right, what happens when women with two opposing opions meet?'

Dangerous Roisterer

4,275 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Heavenly Edge
Hilda Kaiser
Heavenly Edge
Hilda Kaiser

neutral
I am a woman.

Yeah. I intended to. And fyi, my boyfriend lives an hour north of me. Her boyfriend is in an entire different state.

If you intended to ignore it then why did you reply? Ohhhhh snap!

Friendly Lunatic

Hilda Kaiser
Heavenly Edge
Hilda Kaiser
Heavenly Edge
Hilda Kaiser

neutral
I am a woman.

If you intended to ignore it then why did you reply? Ohhhhh snap!
Why do you seem like you're trying to argue about something dumb like that? If you want to argue about dumb things, go somewhere else, please.

Blessed Knight

Amethyst Starburst
Heavenly Edge
Amethyst Starburst

If you don't know why you're feeling this way, perhaps you should sit down and think hard about what exactly is making you feel horrible. There could be a number of reasons, some could even include poor diet or lack of sleep. It could also be a chemical imbalance in your brain that needs medication. If you can, I suggest you get a therapist if you don't want to talk to her family.

If you can't afford a therapist, then figure out why you don't want to talk to your family. Did they do something that upset you? Or do you just feel like perhaps it is you that is drifting away from them? Do you feel like what you really want is just to talk to them and be with them, but you're keeping yourself away from them this is why you are upset with yourself? My own therapist calls this 'Self sabotage'. You have to make the step out of your comfort zone and actually talk to them, even if you feel like it wont make a difference.

Expressing yourself to your family shouldn't be that hard, all it takes is for you to be able to talk. even if you don't know what to say, just talk to them.

I've made an appointment to see a couselor. I won't be able to see her for another week as shes on vacation. Though only one f the girls is actually family, they all feel like family to me. They've been there for me during some rough patches. They've done nothing wrong to me. I just feel like I'm drifting away. They're making attempts to pull me back. I love them for that, I just can't seem to get a handle on it. I have always been the strong kid. My entire life was spent behind a fake smile and a shrug of my shoulder. At 9 years old, I stepped in as a parental figure to help my mom out. Now, at 22, I'm starting to see how that's damaged me. I don't know how to express to them how I'm feeling. I don't know how to tell them that I feel like I'm losing everything. I only know how to bottle my pain up and put on my mask.

Blessed Knight

Sgt_Wingman
Heavenly Edge
Sgt_Wingman
Heavenly Edge
Hilda Kaiser

neutral
I am a woman.

Ha ha ha, Life can't possibly be any harder than you make it. Eat, Breathe, Sleep, and everything in between to accomplish those three goals. And in a houseful of women, can you answer this parable for me?

'If women are always right, what happens when women with two opposing opions meet?'

Life seems to get harder with every morning.

Also, if such a thing happens in my house, all hell breaks loose. Its not a pretty site...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff