Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Genius

We've been friends almost a year now, and he wanted to be more than that (he was nice, but I wasn't attracted to him at all) and I asked if it was cool to just stay friends, and he said sure and was cool with that. But when he started dating someone, he never wants to hang out. When i asked him why, he said that he can't because he has a gf now and would want me to meet her first before we hung out again. But each time I've asked to meet her, he always says he's busy. idgi. It's hard for me to make friends, and I really valued our friendship.

Has this ever happened to you? What did you do?

Sparkly Duck

As an ex-pussball, I can provide major insight. Maybe question

idea

He probably still likes you or some bullshit. Wouldn't want his girly friend to meet someone he really likes. Maybe that's why he doesn't wanna chill, cause he is afraid he will still like you.

Stupid reason though. He might be stupid.

Astounding Loiterer

12,200 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Tycoon 200
He could be telling the truth. Or, it may very well be the same reason Compound said- another alternative is his new girlfriend is a very jealous person/he told her he used to like you, and she's uncomfortable with you two hanging out.
He could also just be an a** and not want to be your friend anymore because you're off the table and he's getting some elsewhere.
It could be a lot of things.

The best thing for you to do is try to talk to him about it. Tell him that you value your friendship, and would like to make some plans to hang out because it's been a while. If not, see if he's open to discussing why. Is being just friends with you something he's not comfortable with? Does he have concerns involving his new girl? If these things are the case, is there anything that can be done to fix it?
It's important to be polite and give him some space. Try not to be too concerned- it could be an adjustment period, or he really could just be busy.

Good luck! I hope you guys can work something out.

Party Member

Compound Me
As an ex-pussball, I can provide major insight. Maybe question

idea

He probably still likes you or some bullshit. Wouldn't want his girly friend to meet someone he really likes. Maybe that's why he doesn't wanna chill, cause he is afraid he will still like you.

Stupid reason though. He might be stupid.
User Image

it definitely sounds like this.

He may feel it disrespectful to spend time with a girl outside of his girlfriend and I don't blame him. You didn't owe him a relationship and he doesn't owe you his time. Besides, the main reason he wanted to spend time with you in the first place was likely because he wanted to date you anyway. I know you said it's hard for you to make friends but expanding your social circle beyond him somehow would be very wise.

Dapper Gaian

1,150 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Timid 100
  • Full closet 200
mangachan
Besides, the main reason he wanted to spend time with you in the first place was likely because he wanted to date you anyway. I know you said it's hard for you to make friends but expanding your social circle beyond him somehow would be very wise.

^

This. I don't know if you've ever "pursued" someone. Like, actively tried to get them to date you. If you're pursuing someone, and they tell you they're not interested, you no longer spend as much time/effort with that person, because you want to find someone to date. Not saying that having friends of the opposite gender is bad, but dude wanted a girlfriend, you said no, so he moved on.

: P

It could be that, or something else.
But keep all theories in mind if you want to approach and talk to him about the subject.
Grow the ******** up.

Precious Lover

15,875 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
I can only think of four theories. First theory is he probably moved on because you friendzoned him. Second, his girlfriend is jealous or something. Third, He's telling the truth or wants to spends time with his girlfriend. ......Fourth theory is letting your girlfriend meet someone you used to like is awkward.

You can talk to him about it. However, if I was in that position, I'd just move on and do something else (hang out with friends, school, etc). I've been in position where friends become less distant after they get in a relationship, and I'll move on with my life

Pliskin MD's Wife

Spoopy Bear

17,525 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Reach out to his girlfriend personally. Ask her if she wants to hang out sometime. User Image

User ImageUser Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces