Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheezing Gawker

9,950 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
Okay so I decided to go natural and it sucks, the humidity makes my hair frizzy and the products I tried sucks also my flat iron doesn't completely straighten it and I won't have time to flat iron it EVERY day before school. Any tips at all?

Dapper Dabbler

6,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
You're set on being natural?

KeraStraight is a FANTASTIC option, if you're willing to pay for it.

Otherwise, Argan Oil, and lots of it. And get a really good flat iron, that has a higher temperature, since it sounds like your hair can probably handle it.

</hairstylist>

Wheezing Gawker

9,950 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
Moonlight Sonata

Otherwise, Argan Oil, and lots of it. And get a really good flat iron, that has a higher temperature, since it sounds like your hair can probably handle it.

</hairstylist>
gah it's just idk I'd post a picture if I wasn't so ashamed. It was nice after i left the salon but then it hit frizzed out this morning. Is royale a good flat iron?

Wheezing Gawker

9,950 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
The Color of Death Spiral
Booty Tickle
Any tips at all?

yes post this in the right ******** forum??
which forum? Isn't this one about real life problems?

Dapper Dabbler

6,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Booty Tickle
Moonlight Sonata

</hairstylist>
gah it's just idk I'd post a picture if I wasn't so ashamed. It was nice after i left the salon but then it hit frizzed out this morning. Is royale a good flat iron?

I don't know Royale.. But Avanti, Zazen, and ESPECIALLY Babyliss are awesome brands. I've seen out of control frizz before. Like I said, Argan Oil. Get the whole Morrocanoil line, it should help, have you tried products designed for african/extremely curly hair?

And weird as it seems, drinking more water, and sleeping on a satin pillowcase will help.

Devoted Friend

8,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Befriended 100
Moonlight Sonata

</hairstylist>
I'm going to see if I can find that Argan Oil myself. I've been doing the natural approach for quite some time and it does tend to frizz more in the summer. I use a flat iron and a pressing comb, which manages to tame it. What does KeraStraight have in it?

Wheezing Gawker

9,950 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
Moonlight Sonata
Booty Tickle
Moonlight Sonata

</hairstylist>

I don't know Royale.. But Avanti, Zazen, and ESPECIALLY Babyliss are awesome brands. I've seen out of control frizz before. Like I said, Argan Oil. Get the whole Morrocanoil line, it should help, have you tried products designed for african/extremely curly hair?

And weird as it seems, drinking more water, and sleeping on a satin pillowcase will help.
well I just went natural yesterday. I had my hair in braids for 2 years it grew great and my hairdresser cut the ends to get rid of the damage and yea. And my mom is being a b***h really, she won't take me to buy anything because she wants me to get a perm. In the mall the lady used a royale hair straighter on a patch of my hair and it worked Sooo good

Dapper Dabbler

6,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Persephone_S9
Moonlight Sonata

</hairstylist>
I'm going to see if I can find that Argan Oil myself. I've been doing the natural approach for quite some time and it does tend to frizz more in the summer. I use a flat iron and a pressing comb, which manages to tame it. What does KeraStraight have in it?

Kerastraight is probably not natural, which is why I was asking if she was set on it. Though it's main ingredient is a keratin substance which IS natural. The only thing is, to have it done can be up to 600 dollars.

But Moroccanoil makes shampoos, conditioners, oils for different hair types, and a huge range of styling products. It's one of the best argan products. But the humidity is worse in the summer, which is why your hair gets frizzier. So it;s a good thing argan oil is a humidity protector.

I've never used a pressing comb on a client, though I've always wanted to.

Dapper Dabbler

6,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Booty Tickle
Moonlight Sonata
Booty Tickle
Moonlight Sonata

</hairstylist>

well I just went natural yesterday. I had my hair in braids for 2 years it grew great and my hairdresser cut the ends to get rid of the damage and yea. And my mom is being a b***h really, she won't take me to buy anything because she wants me to get a perm. In the mall the lady used a royale hair straighter on a patch of my hair and it worked Sooo good

Why does your mother want you to get a perm? D=

Though, to be fair, it would probably help tame it. Just ask for big perm rods.

Wheezing Gawker

9,950 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
Moonlight Sonata
Booty Tickle
Moonlight Sonata
Booty Tickle
Moonlight Sonata

</hairstylist>

Why does your mother want you to get a perm? D=

Though, to be fair, it would probably help tame it. Just ask for big perm rods.
because if my mom is wrong she goes apeshit crazy and she thinks a perm is easier but really I want healthy hair not easy hair. This conditioner seems to be helping my hair stay straight after I straighten it (using it right now) User Image any comments on it?

Playful Guildswoman

Booty Tickle
Booty Tickle
Any tips at all?

Don't encourage the ;troll.

If it isn't his life issue, he's free to pass up the ;topic, and note he did not suggest a forum.

Dapper Dabbler

6,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
As far as I know, Blue Magic seems to be good. If it's anti-breakage, though, it probably has protein in it which can make your hair FEEL coarser when used often, so be aware of that. It conditions for days at a time, so I'd be using it as a weekly thing. Actually, do you wash your hair daily? If you wash it once or twice a week, that might help with taming frizz too.

Wheezing Gawker

9,950 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
jellykans
Booty Tickle
Booty Tickle
Any tips at all?

Don't encourage the ;troll.

If it isn't his life issue, he's free to pass up the ;topic, and note he did not suggest a forum.
yea I notice lol. Do you have any suggestions for my nappy hair?

Wheezing Gawker

9,950 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
Moonlight Sonata
As far as I know, Blue Magic seems to be good. If it's anti-breakage, though, it probably has protein in it which can make your hair FEEL coarser when used often, so be aware of that. It conditions for days at a time, so I'd be using it as a weekly thing. Actually, do you wash your hair daily? If you wash it once or twice a week, that might help with taming frizz too.
once or twice a week and ill show u a side by side comparison of my straightened hair using blue magic

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff