Welcome to Gaia! ::

O.G. Prophet

I have always had the view that people should be allowed to put whatever they want into their own bodies, and that they should be able to do whatever drugs they wish to do. I smoke weed sometimes, and I sometimes take opiates (what ever one I can get my hands on, it is rare that I can get any) I have never had the slightest feelings of addiction. I have tried Cocaine a few times, and felt no drive to do it again.

My sister is a cocaine addict, and has admitted it to me.She has now dropped out of college. I have seen her do cocaine so many times that it is a normal sight for me to see, as is seeing her go to her dealer. I cant help but feel slightly worried for her, even though I know that I shouldn't be worried, and that she will be okay.

should I do anything here? is my feeling slightly worried an over reaction?

8,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Explorer 100
Saireena
I have always had the view that people should be allowed to put whatever they want into their own bodies, and that they should be able to do whatever drugs they wish to do. I smoke weed sometimes, and I sometimes take opiates (what ever one I can get my hands on, it is rare that I can get any) I have never had the slightest feelings of addiction. I have tried Cocaine a few times, and felt no drive to do it again.

My sister is a cocaine addict, and has admitted it to me.She has now dropped out of college. I have seen her do cocaine so many times that it is a normal sight for me to see, as is seeing her go to her dealer. I cant help but feel slightly worried for her, even though I know that I shouldn't be worried, and that she will be okay.

should I do anything here? is my feeling slightly worried an over reaction?

well yes....you should try and get her off of this crap. But, she will have to want to get off. If sge infact doesn't want to then it worthless to try...through out my life I have seen many interventions and it is a MUST that this is what she wants.
I am so sorry that this is happening and it is serious. some people can do drugs and still function and some can't....some use it for a crutch. There is mosy likely something makeing her like this....

gramps

O.G. Prophet

AD-Aura
well, just like most illegal drugs, Cocaine will kill her.

everyone dies eventually
and Freud did cocaine

Dapper Millionaire

Did she drop out BECAUSE she's addicted to cocaine?
If she's addicted to cocaine enough to where its affecting her education, not to mention her health, then yes, I would be highly concerned.
AD-Aura
Saireena
AD-Aura

everyone dies eventually
and Freud did cocaine

rolleyes You're right. Everyone dies eventually. Why not die a long and painful death at 40 from multiple organ failure, brain disease or even cancer, than live to 85 and die a nice peaceful death.

Just because some prominent figure did some stupid thing doesn't mean you should. Do you know how Freud died? He committed suicide to escape the pain of cancer

But, since Freud did it, it can't be that bad right? So what if your sister dies a horrible death from cocaine overdose, or any number of the negative side effects the drug has on the body. She was going to die any way, right? Why not in a couple years? Months? Hell, days even?

If you want your sister to live, I suggest you try to get her to stop abusing cocaine, as I suggest to you too in kind, stop abusing drugs for your own pleasure, because they will deteriorate you body and give you a long, slow, painful death
Wow you sound so informed. rolleyes
You can't do anything except be there for her if and when she wants to quit. If she doesn't then it's her choice, I'm sure she'll be fine.

Oh and try to find the reason why she feels she needs cocaine. Usually there is a reason, if it's sadness or some kind of emotional pain try and help her and talk to her through that so she doesn't have to resort to drugs.

If she is just doing it for fun then let her, she's going to do what she wants.

O.G. Prophet

weeneez
Did she drop out BECAUSE she's addicted to cocaine?
If she's addicted to cocaine enough to where its affecting her education, not to mention her health, then yes, I would be highly concerned.

she said that she dropped out because she dosn't have the motivation, energy and that her emotional health makes it too hard
AD-Aura
Touch me Im Jesus
AD-Aura
Saireena
AD-Aura

everyone dies eventually
and Freud did cocaine

rolleyes You're right. Everyone dies eventually. Why not die a long and painful death at 40 from multiple organ failure, brain disease or even cancer, than live to 85 and die a nice peaceful death.

Just because some prominent figure did some stupid thing doesn't mean you should. Do you know how Freud died? He committed suicide to escape the pain of cancer

But, since Freud did it, it can't be that bad right? So what if your sister dies a horrible death from cocaine overdose, or any number of the negative side effects the drug has on the body. She was going to die any way, right? Why not in a couple years? Months? Hell, days even?

If you want your sister to live, I suggest you try to get her to stop abusing cocaine, as I suggest to you too in kind, stop abusing drugs for your own pleasure, because they will deteriorate you body and give you a long, slow, painful death
Wow you sound so informed. rolleyes

So I'm wrong, then? Cocaine, Methamphetamine, Heroin, Acid, Ecstasy, all have no negative side effects, and recreational use will lead to no adverse affects on the body, right?
Everything has negative side effects and moderate to high use of these may have an adverse effect.

That's not what you said. You implied any use of illegal drugs will give you a long slow death at the age of 40, not true at all, stop trying to spread nonsense and fear.

Deadly Phantom

11,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Super Tipsy 200
You both sound like you need some clinical help. Make the world a better place and get clean. Both of you.
Hey, nitpicky attention whores with s**t reading comprehension? ******** off with your argument, anyone with a brain knew exactly what was meant because they read the post.

That being said, onto the OP.

Don't give her any money. Don't let her do coke in front of you. Be prepared for her to burn out and die, since people have to want to change.

Let her know you're there for her, but you want no part of her mental illness and will not continue to do anything that could enable her.
Saireena
AD-Aura

everyone dies eventually
and Freud did cocaine
Freud was pretty ******** up. He did most of his experiments on mental patients, too. Doesn't mean it was a great idea. As for the actual first post. Like mentioned, don't give her money and if it makes you uncomfortable to see her use or buy, ask her to refrain from doing it in front of you. If she starts to steal from you (which isn't uncommon for addicts in general), break off your relationship with her until she's ready to get help. You could talk to her and say how you are worried about her and see what she says. She might have a max out point.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff