Welcome to Gaia! ::

.-. my roommate did something really ******** disgusting. so there's been this god aweful smell in our room for the past few days, when i got up this morning to go to work, i saw a used (period) pad rolled up on her dresser. .-. i had no time to yell at her at that moment. when i got home....
i told her about the pad and she looked at me like i was ******** stupid. and she finally admitted "she forgot about the pad, when we went out to go get lunch " that was 2 days ago , apparently that pad has been in our room for 2 whole days.

i'm really pissed off and trying sp hard not to tell her she's a ******** pig. i'm horrified that she was too lazy...to throw away a period pad and she allowed it to sit in our room for that long.

idk how to talk to her about this, she's on the computer talking to her online friends atm and i'm still really pissed about this. should i have a deep discussion about how much of a dirty person she is? whats a good way to start this conversation with out losing my s**t?

Pliskin MD's Wife

Spoopy Bear

17,525 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Is that the only thing she did?
                  Because one incident doesn't make her a "dirty person."
                  Yeah, it's gross, but isn't worth getting upset over since you've already talked to her once about it.
                  User Image

Princess Sweetheart

It is gross, but you do sound like you're overreacting. Has this ever happened before or are there other things she does that are disgusting? If it is just that one thing then I think you're better off leaving it seeing as you live with this person and don't want things to get really awkward and tense for no reason.

Enthusiast

iAkatsuki Hidan
.-. my roommate did something really ******** disgusting. so there's been this god aweful smell in our room for the past few days, when i got up this morning to go to work, i saw a used (period) pad rolled up on her dresser. .-. i had no time to yell at her at that moment. when i got home....
i told her about the pad and she looked at me like i was ******** stupid. and she finally admitted "she forgot about the pad, when we went out to go get lunch " that was 2 days ago , apparently that pad has been in our room for 2 whole days.

i'm really pissed off and trying sp hard not to tell her she's a ******** pig. i'm horrified that she was too lazy...to throw away a period pad and she allowed it to sit in our room for that long.

idk how to talk to her about this, she's on the computer talking to her online friends atm and i'm still really pissed about this. should i have a deep discussion about how much of a dirty person she is? whats a good way to start this conversation with out losing my s**t?

That's really disgusting... Anyway, I agree with !d!ot Amer!ca. If this is just a one time slip up, then you'll just have to forgive, but don't forget.

I understand you called her a roommate, but is she also your girlfriend? If she has been leaving her dirty clothes around the apartment/house, used pads, unclean dishes, and trash everywhere on multiple occasions even after you talk to her about it, then you'll either have to have a very serious discussion and make a fair chore schedule you both can follow, or evict her.
Bitterrfly
It is gross, but you do sound like you're overreacting. Has this ever happened before or are there other things she does that are disgusting? If it is just that one thing then I think you're better off leaving it seeing as you live with this person and don't want things to get really awkward and tense for no reason.

i'm over reacting? i have smelt a TERRIBLE stench in my room for the past 2 days, i thought it was my hamster, i thought it was even me. the stench was so bad it leaked to the living room. you're telling me you wouldn't be highly disturbed if you saw a blood covered period pad sitting on a dresser? i breathed that in.

anyways her other roommates warned me about her life style, this isn't the first time she did something like this, i seriously thought they were just trying to make me think bad of her.she is a long time friend of mine but this is the first time we are living together. and i should add, when i told her about the pad she started to clean and reached under her bed and she threw away other period pads that she had .-. there were used period pads under her bed, she threw away a total of 4 used pads today. we don't have a trash can in our room and even if we did. why would you keep something like that in a room you're sharing with another person.

but let's pretend this was one mistake.even if it was a one time thing i still think it's really disgusting. i have never known a woman to change her pad place it on furniture walking away from it.

Angelic Friend

Who even does that? O.o
s**t, that pad would have been thrown in the garbage the moment it came off my panties.
I think you're justified in your disgust and anger. Work out a deal with her - she has to clean after herself (no leaving trash in random places) and if not, she'll have to leave or something.
!d!ot Amer!ca

Is that the only thing she did?
                  Because one incident doesn't make her a "dirty person."
                  Yeah, it's gross, but isn't worth getting upset over since you've already talked to her once about it.
                  User Image

no this does make her a dirty person. FILTHY even. like i told the other person, i should update she cleaned a total of 4 used period pads in our room : / i talked to her about it and all she did was cry and say she don't know why she does it she just forgets, i honestly think it's pure laziness. like i forgive and forget when she doesn't wipe the toilet seat and their's blood on it. that happens. but to totally change your pad in a room you share with A GUY and not throw it away or throw it on your dresser or under your bed, something is mentally wrong with you. I know girls don't do that, girls can not actually change their pads, throw it on or under their beds and SLEEP in their filth like that

Celebrating Reveler

Isn't that something you'd do in the bathroom? How would they even end up in your bedroom? emotion_0A0

It doesn't hurt to have a CIVIL talk with her. No need to name call or rage at her. Sit with her, make up a chore chart or something like that, and tell her your expectations of her as a roommate, and then ask her what her expectations are. Yours are obviously for her to be clean, so let her know that.

Part of being roommates is compromise, since you're combining two life styles together.
Romeigh
Who even does that? O.o
s**t, that pad would have been thrown in the garbage the moment it came off my panties.
I think you're justified in your disgust and anger. Work out a deal with her - she has to clean after herself (no leaving trash in random places) and if not, she'll have to leave or something.

we had a long talk about it, but i feel like my words went from one ear out the other, but i will give her another chance. i know people are saying i'm over reacting but seeing that was disturbing. i've lived with women before, i lived with a girlfriend before. i understand periods are terrible and that she get's sick and sometimes she leaks and too much stuff is going on (sorry for the tmi) but this s**t right here, i can't have that.

Angelic Friend

iAkatsuki Hidan
Romeigh
Who even does that? O.o

we had a long talk about it, but i feel like my words went from one ear out the other, but i will give her another chance. i know people are saying i'm over reacting but seeing that was disturbing. i've lived with women before, i lived with a girlfriend before. i understand periods are terrible and that she get's sick and sometimes she leaks and too much stuff is going on (sorry for the tmi) but this s**t right here, i can't have that.

let her know.
show her your strong reaction.
maybe she needs to be a little offended.
doing that kinda thing isn't acceptable when you're living with other people.
you could argue it's not even acceptable if you're living on your own.
but she should get into the habit of cleaning after herself often instead of leaving s**t around. it can start now if you push her and make it clear it won't work otherwise.
The Luminosity
iAkatsuki Hidan

That's really disgusting... Anyway, I agree with !d!ot Amer!ca. If this is just a one time slip up, then you'll just have to forgive, but don't forget.

I understand you called her a roommate, but is she also your girlfriend? If she has been leaving her dirty clothes around the apartment/house, used pads, unclean dishes, and trash everywhere on multiple occasions even after you talk to her about it, then you'll either have to have a very serious discussion and make a fair chore schedule you both can follow, or evict her.

she's a close friend, this is the first time we're living together, i got a single apartment in the city and just needed some help..her past roommates have warned me that she is a dirty person, but because she is a friend of mine i brushed it off and assumed if that were true she would learn from those mistakes.

i'll be a little nice here, she takes out the kitchen trash and bathroom trash, i cook and do dishes. usually i prefer to clean by myself. i don't mind if she leaves a few dirty dishes or a bowl on the table. though her desk and bed area needs some improvment, i can only complain about the pads, that's like a personal responsibility isn't it? that's just something a girl/woman would dread happening, for a guy or anyone to see their used pad. i would assume. i'm not gonna evict her, i don't have the luxury at the moment to do so. we talked and she said she forgot e_e i don't believe that but i will give her another chance.
When I still lived with my brother, his then girlfriend left her used pad in our bathroom, twice. Hahaha. It's pretty gross but she was more embarrassed about it than I was disgusted about it. Give her a break. So it happened one time, get over it, I doubt it'll happen again (unless it's my brother's ex girlfriend, then it will happen one more time). You already brought it up with her, don't be a d**k and make her feel even worse about it.
I think the issue is that you are a dude, you arent going to get any sympathy from girls who you know..have periods, are used to blood and dont think they are disgusting. While she needs to really not leave it on the dresser and take them out in the washroom...

It isnt that filthy. You have some crazy assumptions about period here and you need to check yourself. If that is the only thing she ******** up on, then there is no reason for your attitude. Chill.
Yuck, I'd be traumatized if a guy found my used tampon/pad. I change that s**t in the bathroom, not my bedroom. That's gross. I don't know why she'd leave tha on her dresser or under the bed, that's nasty. Hopefully she doesn't do that again.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff