Welcome to Gaia! ::

They said they are getting divorced and I'm so sad. I know alot of people with parents that are divorced, I have 5 friends whose parents and divorced and recently my aunt and uncle got divorced. It's because my dad found a new girlfriend and he's mad at my mom, but my mom said she loves him very much, but she says he's cheating on her. They always said they would divorce before, but now they are serious. My dad's out right now, and my mom said they would talk later tonight. Also before they were going to sell the house in the summer and I REALLY don't want to move. And my brother is in bootcamp for the Marines and won't be back untill summer, I'm afraid I'm gonna worry him with all the bad news. My brother hates my dad and probably wouldn't care that much our parents broke up, but he would probably worry about me and my sister, my other brother is in jail for heroin and that also makes me very sad. =( I REALLY don't want my parents to divorce... Is there anything I can do? Please give me some advice.
I'm terribly sorry. There isn't much you can do about your parents' divorcing. Just know that it's not your fault. I would tell your brother who's in boot camp right now. It may upset him but he'll be very angry if you don't tell him. I'm also sorry you have to move, but it might be unavoidable.
During the divorce and afterwards, it may help if you see a counselor or therapist. You'll have someone to talk to who will listen and understand. They will try to help you through this extremely tough period.

Good luck to you, and I'm sorry this had to happen.
I'm really sorry about your parents but I'm afraid I can't give you any advice. My parents are still married so I can't relate. I hope you get past this. sad
There's not really anything you can do. You can tell them how much it bothers you and that you don't want them to get divorced and then they can think about that. But you usually can't stop parents from getting divorced if that's really what they want to do. Otherwise your family would just be tense all the time because your parents don't want to be together. If they get divorced, things will be hard at first, but it'll get better with time.
Thanks.. But I'm still trying to find a way to prevent this, After all it's not official. My brothers are the only people I really talk to, other than my mom.. I hope things turn out okay. *sigh*
If your parents are gonna divorce there is nothing you can really do. My Best Friends parents split up and she hated it, but now she is coping fine, I've lost contact with her but I don't mind cause we were drifting apart anyway. But don't worry, these things happen and they prepare you for the big world, and you get two of everything nearly, but best of all, 2 Christmas'.
Well... They always had phases and arguments before, but the rest of the time they were happy. I'm gonna be very sad though, their 21st anniversery was gonna be in June. ):
Well, it's your parents marrage, not yours, so theres not alot that you can do about it.

I suppose you could talk to them and see if you can get them into marriage help. If they still love each other then they can get through this and stay together.
I'm sorry to hear about your parents. Mine got divorced when I was less than a year old, so I don't remember it. Sadly, there is nothing you can do. From the way it sounds, it might be better that they are splitting.
Well, you can voice your opinion on this when they have a talk, but there's really nothing that you can do. If they're going to get a divorce then they're going to get a divorce. Your dad found a new girlfriend, meaning that's the second time that he cheated on her. Sometimes it's for the better if they get a divorce. Yes, it's going to suck right now, but that's just the way it is.

I think you should just wait it out. Things will get better soon enough and it'll be easy to cope with.

My opinion.
Sorry to hear about your parents, but there really isn't anything you can do about it. When adults are unhappy in their relationship for what ever reasons, it seems that one or the other will look outside the marriage to find what they are missing in the marriage. Its sad that the children are the ones in the middle of it and are hurt the most by it but it happens. As you get older you may or may not understand why your dad did this but life is short.
My brother always talked my parents out of getting an divorce because me and my sister were still growing up and other reasons like with money and stuff. I know they love eachother, they're just really mad.... My friends parents were going to get a divorce, her parents were just like mine.... They didn't get a divorce... I hope things will still be okay between my parents. =|
Hmm... Maybe it is better...
After all... My dad is a smoker and my mom is ahsma. That's another thing they would argue about. ):
pyro_half_cat
After all... My dad is a smoker and my mom is ahsma. That's another thing they would argue about. ):
Sometimes it is for the better even though it sucks right now.

My opinion.
ButterBalls
pyro_half_cat
Sometimes it is for the better even though it sucks right now.

My opinion.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas