Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greedy Fatcat

14,550 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • First step to fame 200
I've been seeing this guy for a little while. It feels like it's been a months but we made it official only a few weeks ago because I was getting comfortable with the idea of a long distance relationship.

So his friends don't even know me and I'm pretty sure have no idea what I even look like. Their only reasoning is that all of his other relationships with females have turned out horrible, and I guess with his ex boyfriends everything was fine.

I guess I sort of understand where they're coming from but it's also like, just because I'm a female doesn't mean I'm going to be a terrible girlfriend.

We're so close, we draw together, skype pretty much every day whether it be just through typing or a call, talk about anything and everything, and we're both furries so I feel like we have that extra special bond.

Just ew, needed to get this off my chest.
That isnt no reason? They have very valid reason to be cautious of you, since they dont know you. They dont know anything about you and they have your bf's past shitty choices to look on and be worried about. You really should be trying to befriend them as well.

Greedy Fatcat

14,550 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • First step to fame 200
legnanellaf5
That isnt no reason? They have very valid reason to be cautious of you, since they dont know you. They dont know anything about you and they have your bf's past shitty choices to look on and be worried about. You really should be trying to befriend them as well.

I can't really befriend them since they live on the other side of the states. I'll meet them if he wants me to but I'm not sure if he even wants me to since he may be moving a state up from me due to a job.
I understand cautious, but hate is a little much. :L

Blessed Codger

I'm sorry you have to deal with his past girlfriends' mistakes, and I'm sure his friends are unaware that their criticism affects you that much. Really, though, it's understandable that they would be wary--they're just trying to look out for a friend who has a bad track record in relationships.

Really, all you can do is take it in stride, and trust that as time goes on and you continue to be an AWESOME girlfriend, his friends will trust you more. I suppose if after several months they don't let up you can bring up your concerns to your boyfriend, but bear in mind that a few weeks is a veeeeery short time to have been dating. 3nodding
Rumfish McCallister
legnanellaf5

I can't really befriend them since they live on the other side of the states. I'll meet them if he wants me to but I'm not sure if he even wants me to since he may be moving a state up from me due to a job.
I understand cautious, but hate is a little much. :L

If you can have a ldr and talk to a dude on skype everyday, you can talk to his friends too. Even if he moves, you need to be willing to get to know other people in his life if you want to get anywhere.

Timid Phantom

16,650 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
If they're hating you because you're a girl, that's pretty damn rude and sexist..

But I can sort of understand why they bear so much abhorrence towards girls due to your guy friend's history of ex-girlfriends, so they're just protective of him a bit and don't want him getting hurt all over again.

But still...the hate is really too much. Befriend them anyway---show them that you don't have fangs, and you don't keep thallium nitrate up your sleeves. You're a really good person--- give them time and they'll understand sooner or later. ^ ^

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
I think it's one of those things that only time will tell. Like, if I was his buddy and I knew that all his past female friends were nothing but shitty towards him, I would be a bit wary of this new girl he is talking to. BUT- if you guys are still chatting and having a good relationship in like a year from now, as a buddy, my opinion would change because obviously the relationship is going well enough to last so long.
So, my advice is just be yourself & and nice towards his friends when you do talk to them, eventually time will pass and if you guys are still together, all should be well!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff