Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
maybe offer to get a part time job, or post something about baby sitting? or if your crafty think of starting a home buisness, also i suggest marriage counciling, just so there is a third party to rationalize what you both are thinking.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
This is a great example of why I'm pro-abortion, not pro-choice. It sickens me to think that my taxes will have to pay to care for yet another brat which cannot be supported by its parents - and isn't even wanted by half of them.

Familiar Phantom

It's completely up to you, it's your body and your decision. You both might want to sit down with a counselor or someone and talk about this with. An abortion might ruin your relationship (for you), but him feeling completely ignored and having the stress of supporting 4 people instead of 3 can also ruin your relationship (for him). You know you'll probably have to get a job yourself to help take some of the burden off of your husband financially. He has every right to tell you the truth, if he feels like he doesn't make enough money and he doesn't want your first two having to go without. It may be hard to hear but it's important for him to be heard, and you two to find a compromise.

Shameless Lunatic

27,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Brandisher 100
User Image

Personally, considering your apparent monetary situation, I would consider being "fair" to your already sentient, living children and husband...rather than trying to be fair to a non-sentient clump of cells that has no feelings or concept of fairness.
Putting more stress onto your already stressed husband is going to ******** up your marriage, putting your already existing kids through the stress of possibly barely being provided for because of the existence of a third child is going to mess with your marriage, having to take care of a third child while you simultaneously look for a job for yourself (because by the sounds of it, this is what you'll HAVE to do) will put stress on you and your marriage.
If you know that right now, before the birth of a third child, you're already scrounging by...I would say it's a pretty bad idea to pop out with another kid. Concentrate on providing for the kids you already have, you'll be able to get them more of what they need and maybe even treat them to more of what they want, think more about the fairness to them instead of what's fair to something that doesn't even know what fair is yet.

Please...PAY ATTENTION!

Receiver

if i was your husband i would've threatened to leave if you didn't get that abortion.

because ******** single highhandedly supporting 5 people

Lavish Loiterer

Toxilicks
On one hand, your body, your choice.

Assuming you're not blowing smoke, you don't sound like you're thinking this rationally. "We can do anything we set our minds to" isn't enough, you need to have an actual plan, a budget, and apparently you're scrounging by at 28k, and that isn't a lot, let alone to support four mouths, taxes, bills, rent(?), etc.

If you don't abort the fetus, at least consider giving it up for adoption, unless you and your husband can reach some conclusion where three kids may not put you in jeapordy.

This, OP.

You need to stop thinking about how much YOU want the baby. You have a family and you need to make family decisions TOGETHER. You say you're a stay at home mom, and that he's the breadwinner; it sounds like he's concerned with your family's current budget. How involved are you with the budget exactly? Like, do you know how much it is for the care of each of your current children, your mortgage/rent, health insurance, care insurance, etc?

I understand you're upset because you want this, but please, think over things from your husband's point of view. Take a deep breath and step back and evaluate everything that's involved with going through with this pregnancy. Look at ALL of your options--look into adoption like Toxi suggested.

Mega Noob

8,600 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Megathread 100
Then get an abortion. You can't play the "it's MY body" card here because it's not just your body. You'd be forcing him to support something that you BOTH created together. Does he work weekends? What ever days he doesn't work, you could try employment on those days, and it doesn't have to be a job that requires an application. It would increase the family income and increase the chances of him coming around.

Xeliel's Queen

Bloodthirsty Hellraiser

Have the kid, but get a damn job.
Don't have children if you can't support them.
If you can barely manage two, why're you allowing a third to put three people whom you love, and have lives and stories and memories behind them all for one part of your body that hasn't even breathed a breath of air?
Harsh, I know, but reality is reality: you can barely support your own family as it is, a third would be lovely, but you can't afford to hold your family financially together without another pay check. Your body, yes, your choice. But your family is not just yours, it is your two children's and husband's. The other head doesn't want to be in debt yet he's doing his best to keep you happy with letting on with this third child, despite being in fear of not being able to support everyone. Meet him halfway and get a job.

#MySpinMyOpinion

Familiar Hunter

11,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Object of Affection 150
You can do whatever you want as an adult, but don't expect your husband to stay with you over it. He has just as much right to leave you for your decision.

He is supporting all of you with chump change and you're wanting to bring another kid into it. That's not fair to the kid either. They will have to get less food and less necessities because you desperately want the kid.

You both are a team, and you both need to come to an agreement. If not, you risk losing your husband, or gain extreme resentment. Get a damn job if you want the kid so bad because relying on your husband to feed you all will either make him commit suicide, leave you, or hate you forever.

Golden Gekko

How old are your kids? Is it possible that you could find some way to bring in some extra cash so you guys aren't as tight.

I understand your desire not to have an abortion and I think your husband should respect that. But, you do need to think what will be best for the baby..as well as your family.

If you guys really can't afford another baby, maybe consider adoption. I know that's not the choice you want, but it may be necessary. It's not fair to the baby or your family if you really can't afford a baby right now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff