Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Vampire

9,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
SPAstronaut
I think you should just let it go. It kind of sounds like you're a little bit controlling. A can hang out with whoever she wants to. Maybe one day, all three of you will be able to get along and hang out together too. Their friendship has nothing to do with you, it's between A and B and if they wanna hang out and be friends again, awesome. A should be mature and old enough to know who she wants in her life, so leave it at that. It does not affect you. It's just something you'll have to learn to accept. Be happy for her that her friend, who she adored so much, is back.

Although A has the right to whoever she hangs out with, that doesn't mean she's not being a shitty friend. When a friend is harming another friend, you defend the one being victimized or else you're being a crappy friend to the one victimized.

Fuzzy Bibliophile

12,400 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image you sound like a c**t

Noob

Sorry to tell you, but you can't just "fill the hole" left from losing people for some friends.. Some friends hold on to that, and won't let go. And that's what makes it hard to fill the hole. Although it seems you've been an amazing friend to A, it seems she never really wanted to let go of B. So, all this time she has probably missed B and wanted her to come back deep down inside. If B is a b***h, let her be a b***h. Don't let her get to you. I wouldn't be worried either unless you find A is telling B stuff you wouldn't want her to know or starts to act real indifferent.

And yes, people have been friends with others who hurt me. And honestly, I really didn't give a ********. I kept my friendship with that person, until they decided they didn't want to be friends with me anymore and would rather be friends with the person that hurt me. It kinda made me feel like s**t, but I just thought that if they wanted the person that treated me like s**t after all, then so be it. Because them treating me like s**t has nothing to do with their friendship and showed me just how much they cared about me. You would think a friend wouldn't tolerate being friends with someone who treated you like s**t, but in your case A was friends with B first, so of course she was going to chose to rekindle the relationship she had with B. Friends come and go, even best friends that you've known for years. Sad, I know. But true. You can always make new friends though, and become really close with someone without having to know them for years.

5,750 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
My ex-best friend and I were best friends for ten years.

She was desperate for a guy to love her, and looked in all of the wrong places. Then she found a man that she thought was perfect. He's not. He hit her, left bruises on her, always made her cry from mean things that he would say.

She chose him, over me because I refused to let him come to my housewarming party since the week before, he had her in a choke hold, and was beating the crap out of her.

I know this probably sounds like I'm trolling, but I'm not. I'm dead serious. Her and I hardly talk anymore. I tried explaining how she hurt me, and how I was worried for her, and she wouldn't listen to it.

Sometimes, it's best to just move on with your life and find better friends.

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
While I get where you're coming from, she does have a point.

I kept a long-standing friendship with a person who, for the most part, would befriend people who would intentionally go out of their way to make my life miserable. Or at the very least, try to (best part of having a rapier wit). I know this person well, I'm their best friend, yet they constantly hang out with people I don't consider worthy of friendship.

At least, to me.

That's the point in this entire conversation.

To you, B seems like a horrendous person, just abandoning her and coming back into her life suddenly and treating you bad. However, A has a right to keep contact with people you don't like. There's nothing wrong with that. I don't expect my friends to not be friends with people I don't like, because there may be other reasons why they are friends to begin with.

So basically, it boils down to one question: Can you continue to be this person's friend, even though she is also friends with someone you don't like?

If so, great! Keep being her friend. After all, you can just ignore her if you want.

If not, that's too bad, but also your right. It is possible to make new friends.

Bashful Bookworm

I'm a little confused here. You talk about B as if you've never even talked to them, and only heard things through A, but then you said B personally hurt you and hasn't apologized?

Regardless, I think you're taking this too personally.
                Everyone makes mistakes, doesn't handle situations as best as they could have, etc.
                B vanished and didn't say anything. A obviously missed them and forgave them for it already since they're talking.

You've still got a grudge over B that you can't let go of, and you're taking it out on A for being friends with them.
                Leave it. A is allowed to be friends with whoever they like, regardless if you get along with them or not.
                And if B is causing you that much stress, block and ignore them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff