Welcome to Gaia! ::

This is a big problem, if the dog dies my parents will be furious. She ate a whole bag of oreos, is that bad?
She won't die, chances are she'll just get sick. How big is she and what breed?
call your veternarian who should tell you what to give your dog so that its ok. dont panic but yes call and ask the vet ok?
Give her lots of water, even if you have to force her.Oreos are not pure chocolate so I doubt she will die but she might throw up.Remember lots of water.(I have worked at a Veterinary Hospital before, Plus I got a summer job once tending to sick dogs)
It's usually bakers chocolate that kills them. It might just make her a little sick.
also, i would not worry too much (but still call your vet!!!) because my dog ate a box of chocolates once and she was a little dog (very little) and she still survived, the vet said to give her a certain medicine its a household medicine i forget what though. but call and ask, you can never be too safe. good luck!
She is a pug and is very small, she is starting to pant and kinda flip out on us. She ate the whole bag though, their was alot of them, and she eats everythign else around teh house and we are jsut afraid this is the last push
That usually happens with cats. I don't think it is so dangerous to dogs. If you really care and are willing to pay the large amount of money, I suggest you take it to the vet.
Your dog will be just fine. Don't worry.

My dog ate six friggin' pounds of pure Belgian chocolate...

...and nothing happened to her.
xp
ok, good, we cant afford the vet bill we are already struggling ot pay other bills so we jsut need to do whatever we can at home
Crimson Muffin
That usually happens with cats. I don't think it is so dangerous to dogs. If you really care and are willing to pay the large amount of money, I suggest you take it to the vet.
Chocolate is dangerous to dogs though, actually, I think it's dangerous to any animal.
There are several things you can do...
1. Call the vet, they won't charge just for the phone call.
2. Give her one of the things listed here for inducing vomiting.
3. Call animal poison control (who charge an initial fee for the phone call) at 1-800-548-2423.
4. Wait and see what happens, and if she looks really sick (she'll probably throw up, though) then try calling the vey.

http://www.cah.com/dr_library/chocpois.html Here's an article about chocolate's effect on a dog.

I hope your puppy doesn't get sick. heart

~Crimson
Beatrix the catgirl
Crimson Muffin
Chocolate is dangerous to dogs though, actually, I think it's dangerous to any animal.

Not really. They wont die from it like cats will. Chocolate isn't dangerous to every animal. The most it is going to do is make it sick. Her dog won't die unless it is old. Avacado is really bad one though. I'm not sure if dogs can't eat it, but I know birds will die almost instantly from it. I know other animals are allergic to it too.
Crimson Muffin
Beatrix the catgirl
Crimson Muffin

Not really. They wont die from it like cats will. Chocolate isn't dangerous to every animal. The most it is going to do is make it sick. Her dog won't die unless it is old. Avacado is really bad one though. I'm not sure if dogs can't eat it, but I know birds will die almost instantly from it. I know other animals are allergic to it too.
I was told by a vet that chocolate is no good for dogs though, but you could be right, it could just get them sick. I do know onions are VERY bad for dogs and their intestines can burst if they eat it. :/
A pug eh? Well, I think the dog should be fine, but a call to the vet is definitely a must. The reason why dogs aren't supposed to eat chocolate is because when they do, there is a substance in chocolate that makes them very hyper, the same substance that makes most people hyper when they have chocolate. The only difference is that the canine body can't fight off the "hyperess" like humans can. A dog isn't in danger from eating chocolate, but rather the consequences of eating chocolate because there body goes into hypermode and may have a heart attack or other type of organ failure. (And I've taken a Veterinary assisting course, so that is where I know all this from)

I don't know if you mentioned it earlier, but is your pug young? Either way, consult a veterinarian, and make sure that the dog has water available at all times. Your veterinarian might ask you to bring the dog in or just watch it for abnormal behavior, chances are bring it in.

Good luck and try not to worry. And whatever you do, don't give the dog human medications like asprin (I'm not sure why you would bet some people aren't all there in the head)...asprin or any medication like that is more likely to kill the dog then chocolate.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff