Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'll kill him for you....Im serious
um, do YOU think you're overweight?
******** him [NOT literally]. If your happy with yourself it doesn't matter what anyone says.
Try not to take it personally. If you yourself is really upset about your weight, I think you would have the capacity to work on it yourself. Your dad probably doesn't mean any harm, my dad picks on me all the time...when I told him that certain things he said hurt my feelings (like when he was criticizing my bf) he stopped. Just tell your dad how you feel and go about your own business, and try not to take things too personally cause you only live once, and it's never good to live your life in an upset frame of mind....

Hope this helps you!
silly_tiff
Hell, my dad critizises about my weight when he weighs about 400 pounds himself!

i have that same problem! except hes tells me that im too fat to get a boyfriend and that im gunna die loveless.... stare

yet.. ive had an awesome boyfriend who loves my current size *big'n'squishy!* for the past year almost

and hes the one thats gunna die loveless

he hasnt had a girl since my mom stare

just tell your dad to stfu and sit there eating as much as you want while he diets or something

thats what i do ^^;
i think you should know if your fat or not
He's probably concerned about your health and isn't very tactful about letting you know. You do have every right to be upset though. Let him know that things like that hurt your feelings and that if he's concerned, to just let you know instead of hinting around like that.
my dad does that 2 even though im llike 165 cm tall and i way 55kg i mean i know im not fat it just makes me feel crap so i know wat ur going through
My dad does the same thing but he's more blunt, my little brother does it too. Funnything is I'm actualy quite skinny and light for my age, i just have a belly, and I blam my dad for it cause he has the exact same thing. which just makes his comments stupider
Samm_J
Im to heavy for my age. He doesnt say it, But when I tell him things, Like I took the dog for a 2 hour walk! He goes, thats good, you both really need it, and other things like that. Is this right, Am I to sensitive? Should I do something about it? scream

xp find somthing bad about him ... for xample my bro is fat nd hes always having a go at me for my stupidity so i just call him fatty... tis a good way to get people to shut up xd :
my dad always did that when i was little i may have been 8 but i know he was hinting i was fat, so what i did was do alot of muscle building excersise, not fat burning, and i am very happy with my body now i started getting skinnier and stronger when one dy he said i looked good, i told him all i have done is gain weight! i weigh a little more than 180 pounds he just looked at me and gasped i am almost 5'8 nad i may be 182 pounds but i have a 28 inch waist, 4 inches less than when i was 10 so i am quite proud of myself i didnt give into him nad turn into a cheerleader, i gain weight, overall in those 4 years i gained 27 pounds. i think that is pretty good so though my weight says i am extremely fat i am not. so work on whatever makes YOU happy even if someon else gets you going
Well yeahh thanks.. I guess... I said something to him, and he says he doesnt know what the hell im talking about.Oh well.
VirtuAngel
That's mean even if you don't mean it... Ther's nothing wrong with beeing overwieght! And your father shouldn't say that if he really loves you! Your beutiful even if your fat slim big small whatever ok? You hear that?

listen to VirtuAngel, he's right, if he really luvs u, he shouldnt say that and u r beautiful no matter what. you shouldnt take what he says personally, these days weight is a sensitive issue, especially for girls and he should keep tabs on what he says. my sister is having weight/body image issues right now, and she's not even fat. if u dnt think ur fat, then dnt fret over it. if you need to talk, you can always try IMing me.
Samm_J
Im to heavy for my age. He doesnt say it, But when I tell him things, Like I took the dog for a 2 hour walk! He goes, thats good, you both really need it, and other things like that. Is this right, Am I to sensitive? Should I do something about it? scream

well.. It sounds like your dad is concerned for you.. he really wants you to slim up (or down..whichever eee)

if it sounds a little to invasive when he jokes like that, then you should say, "daaaaad~~~~" and then ask him if he'll buy you a membership to a gym or something. I don't know..

it sounds like when you were telling your dad about your walk it was as if you were expecting a response.. if you're not concerned about your weight, then what response did you want from him?

it sounds like both you and your dad want you to become more fit.

good luck ^^)
sadistic_desire
my dad always did that when i was little i may have been 8 but i know he was hinting i was fat, so what i did was do alot of muscle building excersise, not fat burning, and i am very happy with my body now i started getting skinnier and stronger when one dy he said i looked good, i told him all i have done is gain weight! i weigh a little more than 180 pounds he just looked at me and gasped i am almost 5'8 nad i may be 182 pounds but i have a 28 inch waist, 4 inches less than when i was 10 so i am quite proud of myself i didnt give into him nad turn into a cheerleader, i gain weight, overall in those 4 years i gained 27 pounds. i think that is pretty good so though my weight says i am extremely fat i am not. so work on whatever makes YOU happy even if someon else gets you going

you're great~!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces