Welcome to Gaia! ::

Alright. I’m going to try to keep this short. This account is a mule, by the way.

My boyfriend and I have been dating for over seven months. He’s a wonderful guy; he’s funny, nice, caring.. He’s everything I’ve looked for in a guy. Sounds perfect, right? Wrong.

It wasn’t too far into the relationship that I discovered that he has a couple of fetishes. One of them being a foot fetish, and the other being a tickling fetish. I was cool with it.. At first.

The foot fetish is fine.. But lately, he’s been trying to tickle me a lot more. I hate being tickled. I can usually deal with it for a little while; ten minute periods are usually what I can handle the best. Any more or too often really overdoes it.

Don’t get me wrong.. I love him to death. I regret feeling the way I do about this, but I can’t help it. I just don’t like being tickled, and I don’t enjoy it at all. It’s gotten to the point where there are times I want to scream just by hearing the word ‘tickle’ or any reference to it.. We usually hang out every weekend, but I find myself taking forever to get ready and wasting time beforehand, because I don't want to be tickled..

But it feels like I'm taking away one of his dreams when I don't let him do it.. He had to hide it for so long. I'm the first person he's ever opened up to about it.

What should I do about this? Again, I can handle the tickling to a degree, but I can't handle too much. When he does tickle me, there are times where I won't laugh at all, and I'm not sure how to make myself laugh.

Breaking up isn't an option.. I'd like to try almost anything else first..
Just tell him to stop in a nice way though.
yeah i think he probably feels the same way about you *loves you*
and if he knew it REALLY bothered you he'd probably stop
just make sure to tell him
that you don't mind the tickle every once in a while
3nodding
I have a hard time it's really a fetish, it's normaly just a way to be playful. However if you don't like it then you have to make him understand that it isn't a good way to be playful with you.
I forgot to mention that he's extremely sensitive.. And it's not that I want him to stop, I do want him to do it less, but I don't want to take it away completely..

Gawker

Tell him to stop tickling constantly, in a polite way. If he loves you and you love him so much, then he should appreciate your feelings about ticking and stop tickling constantly. Just don't tell him to never ever do it again otherwise you'll sound contorling.
just talk to him! maybe work it out so he'll tickle you only if your in the mood and he isn't or something. (ahhaha like that would happen often XD)

Sometimes- there are places that will tickle but not in a "OMG THIS IS LIKE I"M HAVING A SEIZURE" kind of tickle- like for me, i get really ticklish on my knees because i really dont like them being touched (i've had a knee condition for the past few years and i've just began to get better- and when my boyfriend touches my knees it's like a good tickle) is there some place you aren't often touched? (other than.. you know) that may give a less intense tickle?
He knows that I don't like it. Sometimes when I give him a lot of time to tickle me, he'll stop when there is a planned break. He gets upset though.. He knows that I don't like it, but he loves it.

It's honestly one of the only things that we have trouble with in our relationship.

Since it's a fetish, he has a difficult time getting much out of anything else sexual that we may do unless we have done something dealing with one or more of his fetishes.. Which again, poses a problem.
Honey, my boyfriend is the same way, you know what you do? Return fire with fire, when he tickles you, get him back and DO NOT surrender when he asks you to stop. I do that and usually my boyfriend will chill out. Personally, I think boys do that to us because it's a way for them to feel "dominate", well, give him a dose of his own meds and tell him you don't like it when he does it and if he doesn't stop, you'll just return fire. We are girls, we can be more....... what's the word I'm looking for........ headstrong than guys and half the time, we stick to our word more than they do (I'm sorry, but it's true). Maybe all he needs is to be shown when enough is enough. Good luck, hon.
When he does tickle me, it's just about everywhere. I know where I'm very ticklish and not so ticklish. There aren't any 'good' tickles for me, where he likes any and all tickling on him.
~Bitter~Sweet~Insanity~
Honey, my boyfriend is the same way, you know what you do? Return fire with fire, when he tickles you, get him back and DO NOT surrender when he asks you to stop. I do that and usually my boyfriend will chill out. Personally, I think boys do that to us because it's a way for them to feel "dominate", well, give him a dose of his own meds and tell him you don't like it when he does it and if he doesn't stop, you'll just return fire. We are girls, we can be more....... what's the word I'm looking for........ headstrong than guys and half the time, we stick to our word more than they do (I'm sorry, but it's true). Maybe all he needs is to be shown when enough is enough. Good luck, hon.

I would, but that wouldn't work. Tickling is a sexual thing for him, and me tickling him only adds to it. Thanks anyway though.
Almost every boyfriend I've had has had or grown some sort of obsession with tickling me when they get a chance. At first they're like "Oh I'll never be like your last boyfriend and tickle you until you want to die." but the it turns into, "ZOMG I cant help it ur so cute wen U Giggle & SQUIRM!!111"

And I know how you feel, it gets really annoying when they do it constantly, once in a while is one thing but when they just don't stop! ><
You should talk to him and ask him nicely to not tickle you so much, but once in a while is fine. Be honest with him, since you two seem to really care for each other a lot he should understand.
3nodding
Since he's so sensitive be really calm about it and try to get him to understand without upsetting him, just be really honest, you like it but not allll the time..

------
.Sporkula.
gonk
------
~<3
I myself, am a sensitive guy with a, well similiar to, a fetish. Not really. I'm submissive in my relationship. Wearing, the pants, you know? xD

Advice from personal experience: Be gentle, you can tell him to do it less or stop, just don't seem mad. Getting mad hurts.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff