Welcome to Gaia! ::

Elfin Moonwalker

27,800 Points
  • Chocolate Champion: Sundae! 50
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Waffles! 25
Should I move out of my partners house and live at an apartment where someone checks on me? To make sure I'm taking my pills. ( I uselessly don't forget to take them.) How do I get food stamps? I'm on ssi.
You should be trying to live a life that is as independent as you can. So if you dont have to go live in a group home or something, then dont do it. Learn to take your pills, find some sort of way to remind you like with notes or a reminder on your phone.
Um why can't you just have someone visit you to check on you?

Or have your partner remind you to take your pills

or have a reminder on your phone to take your meds?
well that totally depends on your situation and what you'd like to do.

Magical Cutesmasher

11,250 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Clambake 200
If you need to be reminded to take important medication and can't utilize Google to figure out how to get food stamps then you probably shouldn't be living on your own.
Do what you feel is best for you

Kitten

Well if you need someone from the outside to help you with your med reminders it's probably a good idea to as someone you trust to maybe call or visit when you're suppose to take them. If you don't have anyone to do that for you maybe you could talk to someone from home and health care to come help you with that "Since you're already on state assistance with your ssi you might qualify for a care giver or a visiting nurse."

For food stamps you can either apply online by going to google and googling your states site for government assistance. Or go to the building and apply in person. "Here in washington state it's called department of social and health services." If you can't physically come in for interview you can do it over the phone, if you can then you're going to have to go to dshs to meet with a social worker so that they can see if you will qualify.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff