Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,450 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Millionaire 200
hey life issues, just a quick question about morning sickness

i heard that you get it in like the first 12 weeks? and my friends mum (shes a nurse) said that you should get it pretty quickly once your pregnant coz i told her i think i may be pregnant (this was a few months back when my period was late, (wasnt actually late, i just miscalculated)) any way so she said i would have it but my friend didnt know she was preganant untill 8 weeks (i know u think she would have worked out her period didnt come) and then had it all the way to the end of her pregnancy. so anyone on here not get morning sickness, or get it late into there preganacy?

heart

Familiar Citizen

Not everyone gets every symptom, it doesn't arrive like clockwork and different people will experience different things. So it's possible to skip the morning sickness thing altogether (which is really a misnomer since the daily sickness doesn't necessarily come in the morning)- or if you are getting sick in the mornings(or often otherwise) it could be something else entirely. So go talk to your doctor and get it figured out.

Otherwise, just take a test.

And for the record more than just being pregnant can make you miss your period. Stress, diet, exercise changes can effect it so just because a period doesn't come, doesn't automatically mean pregnancy (though it's always good to check that possibility first).

7,450 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Millionaire 200
Mameoyashi
Not everyone gets every symptom, it doesn't arrive like clockwork and different people will experience different things. So it's possible to skip the morning sickness thing altogether (which is really a misnomer since the daily sickness doesn't necessarily come in the morning)- or if you are getting sick in the mornings(or often otherwise) it could be something else entirely. So go talk to your doctor and get it figured out.

Otherwise, just take a test.

And for the record more than just being pregnant can make you miss your period. Stress, diet, exercise changes can effect it so just because a period doesn't come, doesn't automatically mean pregnancy (though it's always good to check that possibility first).

thankyou, i dont think im preganant is was more of a question smile

Dapper Millionaire

Some people get morning sickness at the start of pregnancy, some people get it later on in the pregnancy. And sometimes people just don't get it at all. My Grandma had six children and she told me she never got morning sickness when she was pregnant with all of them.

So it really just depends on the person.

Conservative Explorer

You're most likely to have it in your first trimester. Some women have it all the way through. This site has a pretty good walkthrough of all the normal things to expect: http://www.pregnancyguideonline.com/index.html

The only symptoms I ever had was the obvious weight gain and pain in my hips when they began to separate. The mood swings, nausea, food cravings, swelling, and all that other stuff never even happened.

Greedy Receiver

I am sorry, but if you think you're ready for parenthood then you should have the intelligence to keep track of your period, look up information like this yourself, talk to your doctor, and you SHOULD have educated yourself ahead of time.

Morning sickness varies from woman to woman. None are alike. I believe the soonest you can experience morning sickness is four and a half weeks and it typically ends before your.second trimester. Some women experience it all the way through until birth. Some women don't get it at all.

It all depends on your hormones and the fetal hormones.

Now, please, get tested and educate yourself with classes and books.

7,450 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Millionaire 200
Ashenflame
You're most likely to have it in your first trimester. Some women have it all the way through. This site has a pretty good walkthrough of all the normal things to expect: http://www.pregnancyguideonline.com/index.html

The only symptoms I ever had was the obvious weight gain and pain in my hips when they began to separate. The mood swings, nausea, food cravings, swelling, and all that other stuff never even happened.

I'm always interested in what symptoms ppl did and didn't get, I know that its different frm woman to woman but it's nice to know that it's normal not to get certain symptoms save freaking out later on haha.
Can't say for everyone, but from personal experience and what my nurse tells me, it's all too common for many women to experience "morning sickness" and variations of such in the first trimester, then the 3rd trimester. The second trimester is usually smooth sailing for most.

Oh, something else though ... it can also happen where an individual can experience chronic nausea throughout extended periods of time.

Fashionable Gaian

From personal experience, I started having morning sickness when I hit the 5 week mark.
It lasted until I had my miscarriage which was at 8 weeks.
Everyone is different. Some will have it and some won't.

Conservative Explorer

idam15
I'm always interested in what symptoms ppl did and didn't get, I know that its different frm woman to woman but it's nice to know that it's normal not to get certain symptoms save freaking out later on haha.

The freaking out will definitely happen. One day, you're just starting your first trimester. The next day, you look down and realize you're about one week away from your due date. xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff