Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yes, my mom has breast cancer.

Two days ago, we went to the doctors' and they confirmed that my mom has breast cancer. When I heard the news, I was holding back my tears, but I didn't emotionally break down until when I was all alone at night. I've been crying at random times and I really don't know what to do. I've never experienced this. I want to know what people who have experienced this before do.

I'm scared and I'm very sad. I've been telling myself not to cry because my mom hasn't even cried a single tear yet and I need to stay strong to support her, but I'm actually very weak.
Be there for her as much as you can. My mum had breast cancer too, she survived and so can your mum.
SPAstronaut
Be there for her as much as you can. My mum had breast cancer too, she survived and so can your mum.

Thank you very much.

Sugary Cat

My aunt and grandmother both had breastcancer, they both survived. Your mom can survive aswell.
My grandma had breast cancer a long time ago like probably over 20 years ago, but she got surgery for it. She's still here.

Magical Girl

Do you know if they caught it early? It may surprise you but is the type of cancer with the highest survival rate. If they caught it early then it'll probably be treated without anything secondary or spreading. So cry if you have to, but be there for your mum. Treatment is not going to be easy but if she has a kickass support unit then you'll all get through this.
Quite a few people in my family has had breast cancer.
Not all of them survived. That's the reality. But honestly any of us can die at any moment for any given reason.

Luckily, most of my family did survive if they had breast cancer.
She can do this.
And you can too. I believe in you both.

Fuzzy Bibliophile

12,400 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image First off, it's okay to cry. Just because you're crying =/= weakness.

Be there for your mom and support her in any way you can

Lady Bunny

13,300 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
I'm sorry to hear that, but there are many many people who survive breast cancer! So keep that in mind! smile
It's going to be hard thing to handle, and to understand, "why her, why me/us/thefamily."
It's 100000000% okay for you to cry to her, for you to be scared for her, for you to hug her and tell her you are scared. Maybe she needs that! She may seem strong on the outside, but she is probably very scared on the inside. I think you should talk to her, start out with a big hug and tell her you are scared.
I'm legit in tears for you :c emotion_hug I'm so sorry your family has to go threw this.
Stay strong for her, and for you. Be there for her threw every step! and remember what I said, many people survive breast cancer!!

Dedicated Gaian

12,725 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
First off, I am so sorry for what you have learned about your mom. It really hits you when you hear the word cancer. My mom had thyroid cancer and survived, my grandmother had breast cancer and did not survive, and my pastor had lung cancer and did not survive. It's hard, trust me I know. If you have a good cancer surgeon your mom could make it. My mom is everything to me and I was so scared. The surgeon had to remove her thyroid completely. She is now cancer free.

Be with your mom, tell her you love her, get her to a good doctor to help with the procedure of removing the cancer...if possible...I hope it is not too late, depending on how high the stage is.

I really hope things turn around for the better. I feel for you. My heart breaks when I hear about breast cancer because I was so close to my grandmother that I tend to cry...like now...I just miss her so much, but I know she is in a better place without pain.

Timid Lunatic

I'm so, so sorry to hear about your mother. Cancer treatments get better every day, and many people survive this disease, as scary as it is to go through.

In times like these, it's important to not be alone so much. When my grandmother was diagnosed with cancer, the thing that helped the most was spending time together as a family. It helped her to feel better, and it gave us all strength and good times to cherish later on.

Pliskin MD's Wife

Spoopy Bear

17,525 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Married 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Breast cancer is very easy to treat if you caught it soon enough!
              emotion_hug
              My friend's mother was just in the doctors for two lumps in her breast.
              We find out Monday if she has cancer.
              But mother's are strong beasts!
              If they can have a child/raise a child, they can do ANYTHING!
              My thoughts are with you. heart User Image

User ImageUser Image

kahono's Senpai

Spacey Nymph

I'm so sorry :c My mom is officially recovered from breast cancer a year this year, and she had a mastectomy and her left arm's lymph nodes taken out.
It will be a long and grueling process for everyone in your family, but hopefully she will make it through.
Be there for her, help her as much as you can with whatever you can. Help around the house, drive her to chemo, etc.
Stay positive!

8,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Explorer 100
maikaymon
Yes, my mom has breast cancer.

Two days ago, we went to the doctors' and they confirmed that my mom has breast cancer. When I heard the news, I was holding back my tears, but I didn't emotionally break down until when I was all alone at night. I've been crying at random times and I really don't know what to do. I've never experienced this. I want to know what people who have experienced this before do.

I'm scared and I'm very sad. I've been telling myself not to cry because my mom hasn't even cried a single tear yet and I need to stay strong to support her, but I'm actually very weak.

look honey....you have to be strong and treat her as normal as you can...be positive, fun, and help her deal....I believe she will be alright. doctors now can do wonderful things.

gramps
My mom had breast cancer and she went through treatments all winter and you just need to support her and be there for her all the time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff