Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sorry about this being another endless thread on relationships, but currently I'm in another state and I have no one else to ask for help.

Anyways, yesterday I was told the devestating news by my boyfriend of over a year and a half. He doesn't want to be in a relationship with me anymore. He claims that our relationship is just based on sex, and he doesn't want that. He happens to be pretty into religion, I, not so much. He said he had done some thinking, and that he doesn't think we should be with each other anymore.

Oh, but he did happen to mention he still loves me, and that he will continue to love me. But he just doesn't want to be with me. And, he still wants to go to my birthday party, and graduation. I was quite shocked when I heard this, and I told him he could still go.

The problem is, I'm still head over heels in love with him. Of course, I'm going to respect his wishes, but I really wish it hadn't happened. I'm still overly hurt by this news.

Should I still continue to stay in touch with him and give myself the false hope that we could have a chance in the future? Or should I tell him to buzz off and move on and try to find someone else.

I am highly puzzled.

Sorry for this being so long.
im not sure sad it sounds alot like my gf, and i still love every single person i've been dumped by, but i couldnt tell you how to live your love life
uhh .. love sucks ...
I think you should keep on loving him . You should tell him that your relationship isnt just based on sex
Staying in touch would give you exatly that--false hopes. It's not bad to live with false hopes (better than no hope at all), but it may not end well. If I were you, I would tell him that if it's over, then it's over, but that's just me. You should do what you think would be best.
Veit Loderr
Staying in touch would give you exatly that--false hopes. It's not bad to live with false hopes (better than no hope at all), but it may not end well. If I were you, I would tell him that if it's over, then it's over, but that's just me. You should do what you think would be best.

That's an issue though, I don't know what's best.
Arrid Works!

Hardcore Sex Symbol

12,575 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Ultimate Player 200
If you were to keep loving him without giving yourself the chance to find someone who actually would like to be in a relationship with you, then you would just be fooling yourself. You have 2 options here:

1.) Talk to him and see if you cannot make him reconsider his decision.

2.) Remain nothing more than good friends with him and move-on to other people.

Your choice.
Keep in touch as friends or try to make him think about what hes doing. I'm not saying to keep in touch to have false hopes I meen like just stay as close as friends as u can be. Who knows if he says hr "Loves"u then u shouldn't have that much trouble in helping him find his way. But don't be presistint all guy and girls hate that. Luck smile
There are two different choices here, to be with him or to not be with him.

Sometimes you have to realize that you can't always be with the ones you love. People get split apart for many reasons and sometimes to be strong you have to give up the person you love the most.

You'll meet someone new someday and right now you're in the hands of fate.

Someday your prince will come. . .

My prince on the other hand has taken a wrong turn, gotten lost and is now too stubborn to ask for directions.

~

heres some quotes that might make you feel better.

Not all men are annoying, some are dead.

Guys are like roses, watch out for the pricks.

Boys are like slinkies, it's fun to watch them fall down the stairs.

~

Well, I hope you make it through this heartbreak.

Cheers,

Kuro~ heart
Well I say stay in touch i know how his is i've set this guy up with alot of his GF's he knows i like him and he want's to lose his virginity with me but i dunno about all that i always try t fix his relationships they all break up with him and yet he never goes for me except for in a sexual way...

i say stay in touch try to get him back but DO NOT! lose him completely

if you think this hurts wait till he's gone for good....

3,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Full closet 200
Keep in touch, but I wouldn't get back together with this guy. If it didnt work once then its unlikely it will work again. But you can always talk to him and see if you can work something out. But that is up to you and what you want. Give yourself time to recover, so dont go looking for any one new. Concentrate on yourself and making you life happy and not so confused.
who really need another half? i dont understand why people are so desperate.... stare
I'd say you need to tell him that he's got to make a choice. He needs to decide if he wants a romantic relationship or nothing at all.

The ultimatum's harsh, but I think that if you stick together, just trying to be friends, things aren't going to work out well. I think it'll be significantly more dificult for you to get over him and move on if he's always there. You'll always be thinking that he might want to get back together, even if he doesn't.

Toxic Hellhound

It sounds that your beliefs are incompatible, at which I think you'd both be doing yourselves a favor by each finding someone else that you'd agree with more.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff