Welcome to Gaia! ::

ok wel i was in love with this guy for over a year and a half *lets call him bob*...and i met him and fell quickly in love with his personality and his good looks...and about 4 months after meeting him and only being friends on the bus to and from school, i asked him out (well my friend convinced me to let her ask him out for me but whatever) and he said no he didn't want a girlfriend at the time...but we became better friends, he started coming over to my house, calling me, and iming me...and such... well for about a month we were actually very close friends considering the circumstances (he was a year older than me and my friends hated him)...and we talked very very often...well one day i was at my best friend *lets call her beth* (random name btw)...i was at beth's house and she decided to set me up with her friend *lets call him mark* who was single....so we started going out and i talked to him alot and stopped talking to bob...then about a month later i broke up with mark because i realized i still had STRONG feelings for bob...so i started wanting to talk to bob again but whenever i would call he would not answer or answer and have to go....it hurt...he also called me irritating...i still to this day cant figure out what changed...well during all this my best friend beth met him and also fell in love with him...but what was the diffrence? he liked her back, it was a secret, and i didnt actually know it until much much later, but anyways...he talked to her much more and he hurt me alot....well occasionaly he would call me, or just not hang up the fone when i called him...but being the person he really was he treated me not like a friend would treat a real friend but he made fun of me and other hurtful crap...all the time still saying i was irritating...well one day he told me he was moving..and i was sad...but i guess it ended up being a good thing....we started talking WAY less and less and i started getting over bob...so ive basicly forgotton him but he broke my heart and im still healing from him.....so this guy *lets call him john* asked me out randomly ( we didnt realy know eachother too wel ) but we talked and hung out at the mall with our friends and now i really like him and were going out...
ok so heres thea problem:
im going out with john but the last guy i really loved (that anybody knew about) hurt me really bad....so i'm scared to love again...i want to i really do...he makes me feel sooo loved and sooo special so what should i do to stop feeling so scared of bad things?????
if u read this all thank u, i just need some advice...

*Edit*
update i guess..on 2nd page......any1 care to help?
Anyone would be afraid of getting hurt again. You just have to trust *john* and see how it goes. If he likes you, then you're set. Hey, you've got your whole life ahead of you, you know? Don't worry about it now. But give John a chance...he may be a sweetheart. wink
"Bob" was being a jerk. He was probably jealous about you going out with the guy "Beth" set you up with and so he took it out on you, which wasn't fair of him at all. In truth i don't know your friend "Beth" at all, but based on her behavior she didn't act like a true friend would have. As for "John", just continue at whatever pace you are at. If you still feel uncomfortable with him then break things off and just try to be friends. It hurts losing someone you never were officially "going out with" when you had strong feelings for them, but remember that life is always moving and you can't stop for too long to grieve. Have fun with "John" and I'm sure you'll have new better memories to help you get over "Bob".

premium content's Partner

Inquisitive Shapeshifter

I had this same situation but i moved and he ended up going out with on of my friends. But i haven't totally healed from what happened to me even though i now have a bf. We barely talk. We send letters every now and then but nothing but hi and bye. But what always helped me was complaining to a friend until they went crazy(lol) or writing. But you just have to let go. Pm if you still need to talk.
ok
yeah *beth* and i assumed he was jelous sort of like jelous that he knew he could have me (not that he wanted me) but knew he could have me and another guy did...
i dont consider *beth* a bad friend for pursuing the guy she liked... i had *cough*-gotten over him-*cough* anyways...
i know i should forget the past and live the present...
forget about the hurt and think about the good time now...
but im honestly scared ill get hurt
but i'm gonna risk it...i really really like *john* (or whatever i made my current boyfrenz name lol) and i really really love having a boyfrend and being loved..so i guess i'm just sorda confused...
There's no fault in you being confused -- love is a very confusing thing after all -- but don't let things weigh too heavily upon your shoulders. The more you worry, the harder it's going to be to enjoy your new relationship.
******** all of them. Just be single, let things sort out, let yourself heal up from Bob, and date when you know you're alright single.... That, and you should kinda keep away from dating friends of friends and such.
Kage No ******** all of them. Just be single, let things sort out, let yourself heal up from Bob, and date when you know you're alright single.... That, and you should kinda keep away from dating friends of friends and such.[/quote]

what do u mean friends of friends and such?
he isnt a friend of friend...well i guess he is, he's the exboyfriend of a friend of a friend of a friend... but i only know him because he talked to me online one time random
rpqr48vd:0="Kage No ******** all of them. Just be single, let things sort out, let yourself heal up from Bob, and date when you know you're alright single.... That, and you should kinda keep away from dating friends of friends and such.[/quote]

what do u mean friends of friends and such?
he isnt a friend of friend...well i guess he is, he's the exboyfriend of a friend of a friend of a friend... but i only know him because he talked to me online one time randomly...
I know this isn't really a "guy" kind of subject, but I am going to say something anyhow. I know how you feel about having a person you love suddenly treat you cold and and like s**t. I also understand why you want to start a new relationship and forget it all. Life is so much easier when you have someone you know that really cares for you by yourside, to be there for you when things get tough. I could tell you to get over "bob" and move on with "john", but the truth is that you will probably never really get over "bob". People like that stay with us long after the relationship/friendship is gone. It will hurt for a long time, and you will probably not want to trust another guy for a long time, but you just got to take things slow.
If you really like this guy, then go for it. Don't let a sour past experience work against you for the rest of your life.
~Kihou-chan
I have had a broken heart too, but you will only be able to fix it if you try something new. Dating "John" was most likely a good choice because if he makes you feel better then he would be able to help you to get over "Bob". As for "Beth" I have a feeling that she had planned for you to go out with "mark" so that you didn't know about her and "Bob". No offence but she sounds like a pretty rotten friend to me
You should explain to your new boyfriend, *john*, that the last guy you liked hurt you and that you need to take it slow, don't go into details just let him know you need time. besides, if you rush into things too fast then you'll be doing it for the wrong reasons and both u and *john* would get hurt from that.

good luck
IggyKitt22290
I have had a broken heart too, but you will only be able to fix it if you try something new. Dating "John" was most likely a good choice because if he makes you feel better then he would be able to help you to get over "Bob". As for "Beth" I have a feeling that she had planned for you to go out with "mark" so that you didn't know about her and "Bob". No offence but she sounds like a pretty rotten friend to me

well i knew *beth* and *bob* were really good frenz...and talking all the time...*beth* set me up with *mark* to get over *bob* about a week before she started liking *bob*...so i dont think shes that bad of friend...

ok well i guess every1 is saying just trust *john* and forget *bob*....
I'd say give him a chance. Everyone's different, so there is pretty much no chance at all he'll do the same jerky things Bob did. Unless John has given you an inclination not to trust him, I think he is a pretty good guy and you should give him a chance.
well, life goes on... so you gota try again, and if you fall... get back up and follow what you believe in!!! (random wise quotes!)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff