Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cat

OK SO HERE WE GO.

One of coworkers at my work just texted me that he loved me and that's why he always helps me out work (Which I've make comments about how ridiculous and excessive his help has been, but told him I appreciated it when I actually really did need it). He's a nice guy. I like him, but I only consider him a friend. (Not sure if it's relevant or not but I'm ace). Plus I'm 99% sure he's heavily under the influence ATM. I just quit the job, and only have a handful of days left to work at the establishment.

He texted me a few times before when drunk, but it was a long time ago and I didn't think much about it.

So, how do I properly respond to this? I really don't want to hurt his feelings, though it really seems unavoidable now, and I need to take into consideration how much he really means this due to his altered state of mind.

Please any advice/insight into the matter would be greatly greatly appreciated.

Spoopy Kitten

If you think hes drunk, why not ask him if he is? You said hes done something similar in the past, so use that as an example. If hes dead serious, talk to him about it one day, sober and not over text/phone, and tell him that you dont like him like that

8,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Explorer 100
Nalacats
OK SO HERE WE GO.

One of coworkers at my work just texted me that he loved me and that's why he always helps me out work (Which I've make comments about how ridiculous and excessive his help has been, but told him I appreciated it when I actually really did need it). He's a nice guy. I like him, but I only consider him a friend. (Not sure if it's relevant or not but I'm ace). Plus I'm 99% sure he's heavily under the influence ATM. I just quit the job, and only have a handful of days left to work at the establishment.

He texted me a few times before when drunk, but it was a long time ago and I didn't think much about it.

So, how do I properly respond to this? I really don't want to hurt his feelings, though it really seems unavoidable now, and I need to take into consideration how much he really means this due to his altered state of mind.

you be brutally honest with him there is no reason to sugar coat this....being honest is the best way alawys

gramps

Fuzzy Bibliophile

12,400 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image you'll be only hurting his feelings by not telling him the truth

just be honest and say you don't feel the same way

Enthusiast

Nalacats
OK SO HERE WE GO.

In my opinion, beware of the random text message confession, especially from people you're not close to or don't know very well. At this point, it's best to state your feelings directly, politely, and honestly.

For example: "I do value our friendship, and I would like for us to always remain friends and nothing more." or "I like you only as a friend."

I know that sounds harsh, but if you got to make yourself clear. Sometimes saying, "Oh that's sweet," or "Thank you, I'm flattered," will not work, because even though you're not saying you love him back, most men don't understand and only focus on how happy your reaction to their words make you. So when you say the example words or something similar, make sure to have a serious look on you face, and don't let him guilt you into a relationship.

Dapper Ladykiller

Tell him that's sweet, but you're just not interested.

Then hang up and don't answer his future texts.

Timid Star

11,075 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Timid 100
Whether he really meant it or not, let him know honestly how you feel. There's no reason not to be honest.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff