Welcome to Gaia! ::

my boyfriend and I are both going to college, but separate schools and we will be about 2 hrs. away. We are gonna stay together, but I am scared. anybody have input?
The only thing I can suggest is to just trust eachother. If you can't then you shouldn't be in the relationship at all. A relationship is built from trust...but I hope it works out for you two. Wouldn't want anyone being sad ya know? 3nodding
Only 2 hours? Shesh, you're lucky. When I started college, my boyfriend and I were 16 hours away because he had to move back to Florida with his mom. I saw him a max of 3 times in one year. Thankfully, he moved up to where I am and his school is 15 minutes away from mine.

Trust is a big issue. You can't have a stable relationship with each other unless you talk. And make time for visits! That is VERY important. Best of luck.
Long distant relationships are tough, the key is trust as someone else has said. You MUST trust this person. Now personally I would LOVE to be only 2 hours away at this point, currently I'm about 1500 miles away from my partner 18 hours drive, nearly 3 by air. So I can tell you that its not the easiest thing in the world.. but if you love the person you really have no choice. But above all.. you must have Trust!

Loyal Exhibitionist

I have a long distance relationship with my boyfriend... he lives in NJ and I'm in RI. That's not very far, I know, but still.

Basically, you just have to put trust in your sweetheart if it's a long distance relationship. Me and my boyfriend put our trust into each other, and we've been together for a long time because of this.

Keyword: TRUST. Learn it and love it.
Here's another thing to consider about long-distance relationships: if you can live through it (and here's a key hint to doing so in case you missed it: TRUST), you two can live through almost anything.

While I've found that many long distance relationships crumble for various reasons, I've found that the ones that do survive end up being the strongest. So stay strong. If your love's true, it'll carry you through these years.
If your relationship is built on trust and respect you should be fine. If it isn't you both will most likely end up moving on to new fish in the sea.

You will be real busy with school, and work if you have it, and homework. Two hours is actually a long drive when you are tired and stuff.

I wish you good luck.
2 hours is not a big deal dearie. I'm moving to Mississippi in two days while my boyfriend is going to remain in Atlanta...that's a full 6 hours....and I'm sure other people have had worse than us. It's a scary thing, and alot of people are positive of the fact that long distance relationships never work, and that's mostly because people don't trust each other enough to let them work, as others have already said sweatdrop
Trust your Boyfriend. Just make sure you Stay in contact with him. Which you probably do anyway.
i wouldn't call that a LONG distance relationship because you can both see eachother on weekends and stuff. otherwise good luck
thanx all, i appreciate all teh good advice so far...! biggrin
a two hour drive is not really a long distance... in any case, i'd say if you both trust each other and behave accordingly, everything should be fine.
First of all how come ur scared?

bebop_edward's Waifu

Generous Gaian

11,275 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Generous 100
Only 2 hours? Psh..hun you got nothing to worry about....I wish my boyfriend lived only 2 hours away...We are on opposite sides of the country..Me in Georgia and him in California....Like every1 else has said, it's a trust issue and how much you really love this kid. I trust Matt not to mess around and I know he won't and the same goes for me. Course I have been with this kid for god knows how long...It all just boils down to all y'all have been through and how well you know eachother....You'll be alrite, it's only 2 hours 3nodding Good luck to y'all though. I hope things work out
How long have you been going out. Talk on the phone, E-mail and spend weekends together one week at his dorm\apartment and the next at yours if jobs will allow.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff