Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sex Symbol

From the start I was a loner
My parents won't let me go out to play
Kids evaded me because their parents says I was a reject and I was made by mistake..
They won't let me talk to other kids as I grew up.. I grew up lonely and isolated.
Since I was used to bein isolated at home I was isolated at school..
I never open myself since I was afraid from rejection..
Now, I'm having a hard time socializing since I was afraid to be rejected..

Now I'm going to college now and I'm still a loner crying

Indomitable Nerd

College is a time of new beginnings where no one has to know who you were. Give it a second chance, walk with confidence, and give yourself a chance to be the person you want to be, not just a loner.

Fashionable Bloodsucker

7,150 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250
You can meet lots of new people at college..they won't judge you as much as you think they will.. ^^ don't worry too much about it. When I started college nobody talked to me until I talked to them first x3
Have you considered therapy? An individual therapist may be able to give you encouragement and techniques or methods to help you get closer to other people. Group therapy is also a great place to practice and process interaction in a safe environment. Most universities offer some type of free or discounted services to students - will yours have anything like that?

Kawaii Carnivore

I really wonder why people said that you were made by mistake . To me, it sounds a tad too much out of a Walmart novel .

And being alone is not that bad . As long as you have interests and a goal in life , people come along it . Not before it .
But if you really want to communicate with people , don 't fret : nobody 'll know you in college , so you can start fresh . Just be nice to people . Find activities , clubs that you like. There ' s a good chance you 'll meet people with the same interests there . It 'll come naturally .

Kumacchiato's Prince

Demonic Dabbler

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Innocent Imperfection
User Image
"Let's be loners together." emo
User Image

Original Gaian

10,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
I think being a loner can have its benefits.
Asides that you can always change on your way to a new college?

Fashionable Bloodsucker

3,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Clambake 200
Rejection isnt a big deal, so stop using it to stop you from getting anywhere and talk to people anyways. ONce you actually SEE rejecton and realize it isnt going to kill you, it makes it easier to be able to socialize. Also join clubs, common intersts are the best ways to get friends.

Sex Symbol

II Earl Grey II
Innocent Imperfection
User Image
User Image

emo
I'm pretty much a loner and in college too. I haven't made a single friend in my college mostly associates but that's usually how it is for me. I haven't had a friend in years. Do you want to be a loner? If you need help some of the responses on here are pretty sound. I think there are a lot of people in college who are loners/friendless. College can be a lot harder in times of socializing than many people care to think.
You know the problem with nailing yourself to a cross?

It's almost impossible to get that second wrist in there.
Izzy Shae
College is a time of new beginnings where no one has to know who you were. Give it a second chance, walk with confidence, and give yourself a chance to be the person you want to be, not just a loner.

Every new day is this opportunity, ppl just dont want to recognise that they have the control not some external locus.

Gryyi's Girlfriend

Shy Duck

11,725 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
Stop complaining about how your life was before and make a change? You have so much time to say how much you've isolated yourself you haven't even given yourself a chance to try. You say that you are scared of being rejected. Well stop being so scared, what is so damn scary about it? No better question. What are you going to get out of being scared? Right you won't get hurt. Yeah but you're getting hurt anyways, because you feel lonely. So do something about it, make new friends, talk to people, you can end up being a loner or prove yourself wrong. You are wrong, you aren't a loner and you can get friends, you haven't done anything wrong, you aren't a bad person? Why would people not like you? There is no reason to be afraid. Really, you're the only reason why you're afraid. Dont' blame your parents, don't blame anyone.

Seeker

Don't be afraid of rejection. I'm rejected 70-90% of the time, even on the internet, but I still be myself and try to make friends. It's just a numbers game. You have to talk and get to know as many people as possible to find the ones who are willing to put up with you. smile

Aged Fatcat

9,650 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Generous 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
II Earl Grey II
Innocent Imperfection
User Image
User Image
Can I join?

Quick Reply