Welcome to Gaia! ::

Okay, my friend lies a hell of alot. I can't trust her anymore. She's lied about little things like going somewhere or kissing a guy, and then she's lied about huge things like being raped. I wish I could trust her about that last one (being raped) but she has said small things that gave it away. That really pisses me off cause I was almost raped when i was eleven. Almost. It scared the hell out of me and I hardly let anyone touch me now. I won't even hardly hug my parents. Her making something up like that is just sickening. I still want to be her friend but she only shrugs when I confront her. What should I do?
I suggest that you keep a distance from her. You don't have to be good friends, but don't be enemies either.
Well, if she really does do that and you've already talked to her then I think you should just not trust her if you still want to be friends with her. If she says something like that, don't believe it until you have evidence or enough information to believe it.

If it really does sicken you that much, then I think you should just leave her alone for a while and find some other people to hang around.

My opinion.
<center>Call her out on that, she shouldn't be liing about that. That is not something you want to lie about at all, your friend is twisted...<center>
Tell her again that you won't be her friend if she continues lying. After you tell her this if she still does lie don't be her friend anymore.
i hate compulsive liars. cant they for once tell the truth?

as for your friend, if she says shes your best friend how do you know if shes lieing or not? you may want to choose to trust her but you can never be sure. i say stay her friend but not a super close one, hang out with more people then just her.
Your friend sounds like one of my friends...I don't have a whole lot of ideas on what to do. You could confront her and tell her that she doesn't know how serious the situation is. Or, you could make up horendous lies like she does and expect her to believe them. XD
Im my opinion to a friendship belongs also trust. I need to trust the person which claims to be my best friend and I suppose you think so, too.
Tell your friend that it's important to trust each other but otherwise the friendship will lose its "quality".

Perhaps she invents such lies to be noticed etc. Perhaps she searchs for attention and that's the only way for her. What is your friend like? Is she famous or rather ignored?
Just just tell her. If she keeps on lying that stop bein a close friend. Styll be friends, but not too close. She might just want attention. Is she having problems or something at home?

Ive had friends like that. And sometimes its the smallest things they do that hurt the most.
I think this may be a cry for attention, or she's trying to cover up who she really is. It's all under the label of 'insecurity'.

Let her know that you like her for being who she is, and it hurts you to not be able to trust her, or belive her. Tell her that you'll always be there for her, and you love being friends, and the relationship you guys have. Then leave it alone. If she wants to persue what you just said, and take it to heart, let her. If she doesn't, back off.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff