Welcome to Gaia! ::

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Does anyone know what this actually is? .... Or if not, who I should see?

My right leg has a problem that happens every once in a while, and by this, I mean once every few months really.... maybe 6.

Well, tonight happened to be that 6th month I guess. My leg slowly gets to the point where behind my knee-cap, it feels like two bones are crossing, and that if I stretched my leg out, it would snap. This of course only happens when I bend my legs, be it to sit down, or sit in the "indian" way. If I stretch my leg as this is going on, it gives me this submission sort of pain that scares the hell out of me. I usually have to get out of it by moving my leg ever-so-slightly in hopes I can "unlock" it.

This happened about 10 minutes ago, and my leg still feels weak because of it.

Does this sound familiar to anyone on what this could be? Normally, I am super cautious how I sit down, but it caught me off guard tonight, and I was thinking to myself as I felt it slowly coming "Oh no, oh no, oh no...."

Anyone? :/

Aged Gaian

You may be retaining excess fluid in your knee joint, or perhaps the cartilage is worn. Tendon problems can also attribute to this experience.

You should seek medical attention concerning the issue. Medical problems that don't get attention, tend to get worse rather than "fix themselves".

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
I asked my primary about it and he asked as though it wasn't really a big concern, which concerns me because I know this isn't normal. :/

... Kinda why I need an idea on who you would see for something like this. D:

Lavish Loiterer

Minak0
I asked my primary about it and he asked as though it wasn't really a big concern, which concerns me because I know this isn't normal. :/

Maybe seek an opinion from another doctor? Or stress to your primary that while it may not seem like a big deal to him, you'd rather have some peace of mind than deal with unnecessary anxiety.

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Mae Lovelyn
Minak0

Maybe seek an opinion from another doctor? Or stress to your primary that while it may not seem like a big deal to him, you'd rather have some peace of mind than deal with unnecessary anxiety.

Well, I AM due for another check up, so I guess I can stress to him one last time. :/

Unbeatable Survivor

This sounds SIMILAR to something that happens to me every now and again, but not in the same place. For me, it happens to my left thigh. There was a week where I could barely walk because of it. Now it just happens randomly.

Then again, I'm pretty sure I pulled it really bad a few years back. I slipped at work and thought I was fine. Now that and my knee are having problems.

I'd say see a doctor.

Lavish Loiterer

Minak0
Mae Lovelyn
Minak0

Well, I AM due for another check up, so I guess I can stress to him one last time. :/

Is there an advice nurse available to you? Or maybe another doctor? It doesn't hurt to get a second opinion on the matter.

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
violette lumineux
This sounds SIMILAR to something that happens to me every now and again, but not in the same place. For me, it happens to my left thigh. There was a week where I could barely walk because of it. Now it just happens randomly.

Then again, I'm pretty sure I pulled it really bad a few years back. I slipped at work and thought I was fine. Now that and my knee are having problems.

I'd say see a doctor.

Ouch. Yeah, hits me randomly too. It sucks so bad. :/ .... Especially if we have something similar.

Mae Lovelyn
Minak0
Mae Lovelyn
Minak0

Is there an advice nurse available to you? Or maybe another doctor? It doesn't hurt to get a second opinion on the matter.

I don't know who else to go to. This guy has been the family doctor for years and years. Maybe I should just seek a referral from him. All of his referrals have been terrific.

Lavish Loiterer

Minak0
violette lumineux

I'd say see a doctor.

Ouch. Yeah, hits me randomly too. It sucks so bad. :/ .... Especially if we have something similar.

Mae Lovelyn
Minak0
Mae Lovelyn
Minak0

I don't know who else to go to. This guy has been the family doctor for years and years. Maybe I should just seek a referral from him. All of his referrals have been terrific.

I'd say look into getting one of those referrals. He should understand that it's nothing against him; you're just concerned and feel that you just need to know that you're okay.

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Mae Lovelyn
Minak0
violette lumineux

I'd say see a doctor.

Mae Lovelyn
Minak0
Mae Lovelyn

I'd say look into getting one of those referrals. He should understand that it's nothing against him; you're just concerned and feel that you just need to know that you're okay.

Yeah, plus, it's been a year since I have seen him about this, and he probably thought it was a short term thing. If I tell him I am still getting them happening, maybe he will think differently. Anywho, yeah, we will see. Thank you.

Unbeatable Survivor

Minak0
violette lumineux

I'd say see a doctor.

Mae Lovelyn
Minak0
Mae Lovelyn
Minak0

Oh trust me, it does hurt.

And the second part wasn't directed at me, but I say go with the referral. Especially if you know you can trust him.

Dapper Ladykiller

Have you seen the doctor yet? It sounds serious.

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Cuppolove
Have you seen the doctor yet? It sounds serious.

To be dead honest, I don't know when I will be able to. I just got back from vacation, and literally, like.... everyone else at work have vacations coming up, so I am working even on the days I don't normally, so it's going to suck to find time. :/

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
I have this thing, sort of. When I stretch my leg out suddenly it stops and it ******** hurts like hell.
I can't move it, and it just feels like the bones are stuck together and everytime I move it is the worst feeling.
It hasn't happened in years (knock on wood)
But I have a genetic disease called Ehlers Danlos. It isn't curable. It is permanent, and fairly rare. Some people only get it in certain joints; maybe you have it there. I have it everywhere so the same thing happens kind of in my shoulders too. And pretty much everywhere... Subluxation I think it's called.
The only cure for it is physical therapy
for eternity.
i.e the rest of your life.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out