Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Lunatic

I have nothing to do. I don't know what I want. My sister says her answers come from church. I never liked church. It's boring. Even as a kid, I was skeptic about CCD. At my communion, I found out that Jesus's blood is really just wine. Holy water is just water.

I stopped believing in Satan when I was 11. There are no demons out to get me. I severely doubt I'm being watched by an all-powerful spirit.

I've been questioning my faith lately (Catholic). There are youtube testimonies. "I got hit by a car! That was God telling me that I gotta change my sinful ways and worship him!"

Things that tempt me into going back to church:
"You could die tomorrow."
"What if God is real, and you die, and you get judged? You won't get to repent."
"All the good things you do don't matter. It only matters if you believe in God."
"You have to believe in Jesus. He died for us."
"The Rapture is coming. Get right with God now!"

My questions:
If God loves me so much, why am I already doomed for hell?

I don't have free will. I was marked a sinner at birth. I'm destined for hell anyway. So where's the free will in that?

Why would God send his beloved creations to hell because they didn't believe in him?

What about people who are raised in different religions? There are plenty of people who are Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, atheist, etc who treat others well, don't kill, don't steal, etc. Are they going to hell?

Wasn't hell just made up by the church to scare people?

Why do those testimonies I see sound really unbelievable?

Why do I have to hate the world and my life to get to heaven? (It says so in the bible)

"Thou shall not worship any gods before me" sounds pretty egotistical.

"Thou shall not kill" - there's a lot of murder in the bible. Even God ordered some of those murders to happen.

There's even a section about not being allowed to masturbate.

I don't want to go to church. I don't want to be born again. My sister was. She says things like how "Jesus can do anything" and "I want to take my friends to church" and stuff. She's not even aware of the monstrosities in the bible.

I've read that religion is linked with psychosis. Like, intense experiences.

Have you ever seen Lacey Sturm's testimony? It's on youtube. It's beautiful, but her abused friend...Why would God save Lacey and not her friend?

I've researched atheism. It makes way more sense.

But my heart aches. I want to believe in a higher power, but not worship. I don't want to be brainwashed. I don't want to follow blindly.

Logic is the enemy of God. He didn't want us to have knowledge! He made the Tree of Knowledge, but did not permit Adam and Eve to eat from it. He told them they'd die. They lived! The serpent was right! God LIED!
You have lots to do. You just can't be arsed doing them.

Hilarious Lunatic

Whiskey Grey
You have lots to do. You just can't be arsed doing them.

What do you mean? I feel like I HAVE to believe in God.

But at the same time, I don't HAVE to. It's not the law. It's not like if I don't believe, I'll be tortured. I may be hated, but I won't get tortured or killed.

In some countries, an atheist or agnostic can be killed.

Dog_inthe_PWO's Kouhai

Colorful Fox

33,850 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
believe in what you want if it makes it easier for you to sleep at night believe it. i've known tons of people who would never set foot in church but when they need help they ask the big ol imaginary friend regardless of what imaginary ear they pick to plead their problems it seems to help them. doesn't mean they fallow the religion at all they just need something to believe in i guess. i on the other hand find it nice to rely on myself and my friends. if you dislike something lets say a picture on your wall...well get up and change it. same thing for life. nothing will fall into your lap unless you fight for it and make changes. so believe in yourself but if the burden is too much to bare then ask for help via friends or find something to believe in that eases your mind regardless if it seems silly or not. as for you being hated...it's not that important someone will always hate you for no good reason so just don't let it bother you. it's pointless to care what everyone thinks. do what makes YOU happy.

Spoopy Kitten

Believe what you believe and dont what you dont, it doesnt exactly matter. I believe in multiple gods and believe reincarnation. I dont think any of my gods are even human, much less look human. I do believe in demons and angels, but on a note that isnt related to religion. I dont believe they have a set "form" either. I believe, that whatever you believe, will come true when you die. Although illogical, being created from seemingly nothing is also illogical. What even is logic
Make your own decision, you are in a perfect generation where a lot of things are now more welcomed then it was before. Don't think it's weak or stupid to thing that there is a Higher Being just to sleep better at night, that is a very good thing. I have friends who participate in their Church and I have friends who don't believe in that, plus as you go older you get bolder on your decisions and outlook on life.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff