Welcome to Gaia! ::

Last night I woke up at 3:00 in the morning, I just watched Hostage that night, I started freaking out, thinking someone broke into our house. And I was thinking that if anyone were to come in, wink would have warned me. But then I remembered he wasn't there anymore and I got even more scared. Turns out all the noise I'd heard was my cat, walking around the house
some days it's not so bad, other days it's unberable.
Even when he was blind, he still seemed to enjoy life. Most people couldn't notice he was blind.
User Image
Awww sad I had a couple gerbils that died... but thats it. Never had a dog, and the kitty i've had my whole life almost is still living.
think about the good times and remember no matter where he is he is always alive in you. so long as you don't forget him he won't leave. For me just thinking about my dog dieing hurts for any animal it hurts, probably because their so innocent and people tend to treat them so bad... but any way maybe to help you feel better you should go for a walk and pretend hes with you (which he is, i swear!!!) and think about how much fun he would be having. and besides would he like to see you all sad? and don't worry, when you have partly gotten over the tragity you may want to get another dog. no not to take his place but to help heal the old hurt and so that you make another freind also do talk to your friends and family about it it might help it won't be the same but it may help.
I, when mourning for my dog, stumbled upon a new philosophy. When something you love dies or goes away, dont be sad because it is over, be happy because it happened. I was sad and angry when he died (You can ask the pile of vulture corpses that were eating him). {Then I realized that he tought me so much before he died. Even though he was only six months when he left us. I really miss him. But he changed my life, made me a stronger person, a better person, and I will always owe him for that.
I come from a family that has many animals. We tend to have many cats and many dogs. After all of them have passed of course I have trouble accepting it but I remember all of the fun that they have taught me.

Hardcore Sex Symbol

12,575 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Ultimate Player 200
Losing a loved pet is never easy, and the pain tends to linger for a while after the death. If you need to cry, then do it. There is no shame in it.
strive for life
CrazyCatExtreme
It's horrible, I was writting the date on a test in school today, when I realized it's been a month since the day I had to put my dog down. and I started to cry, in class. I can't talk about it with my parents. My dog was the one I turned to when I needed someone to talk to.None of my friends really understand. I thought if maybe, there was someone else who lost their dog who felt like talking...

ive kind of lost my dog. we had him for about a month and then we had to give him away, as we didnt have enough time for him anymore. The same thing happened to my friend
well...i never had a dog, but i had a cat i was really close to...
i still cry for him sometimes...

i'm sorry to hear about that though...it really sucks when you lose
such a good friend... crying
CrazyCatExtreme
It's horrible, I was writting the date on a test in school today, when I realized it's been a month since the day I had to put my dog down. and I started to cry, in class. I can't talk about it with my parents. My dog was the one I turned to when I needed someone to talk to.None of my friends really understand. I thought if maybe, there was someone else who lost their dog who felt like talking...

I know how hard it is to put your dog down. I had to do that with mine and I really loved her. My parents bought her when I was 2 years old and I grew up with her until she turned fourteen. She could barely walk and she was going blind, she hurted herself and she wasnt eating anymore. My mom called the vet one morning and that same day they put her to sleep. It was really painful and I cried a lot. I still miss her and it took me a while to get used to it...but now I feel better when I remember her since all I have are happy memories about her.
I'm really sorry to hear that. sad

Dapper Conventioneer

I completely understand what you are going through. Three of my canine friends have passed on over the years and it never gets easier. but really do try to focus on all the happy times and remeber that you gave your pet, no your friend, a great life. and if nothing else, you have my condolances.
When Bullwinkle died, my mom told me, when I'm ready, we could get another dog. She tried to explain to me that we wouldn't be replacing him, we'd just be giving some dog (from the spca) a loving home. But wink was the jealous type. He didn't like it when we had other dogs over. One time I walked my neighbores dog cause they were gone and my dog cried the whole time.(he was tied outside my house I could hear him from down the street.)so, I wouldn't even think about it.(getting another dog.)
But now I kinna am. and I feel sorta guilty, cause I don't think wink would like his house being some other dogs. Also, even though my mom was the one who offered, we just got our house redone, and she freaks out when we drop stuff. I can't imagine how she would cope with a dog. How am I supose to let her know I'm starting to second guess my decision, that I'm thinking about adopting a dog.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff