Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sexual assault awareness

Gold! 1 100.0% [ 73 ]
Total Votes:[ 73 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

LD, what should I do?
Discuss,

should he be put on trial?
What would you say if you were my jury in court?

If you were a judge, would you put him away or let him be free from jail time?

The rape took place about a year ago… We live in Texas. I had known the guy for about a year, I met him at the park where people spin fire and do drum circles and it's a big amoeba community of artists and creative people. Both of us share a love for that sort of thing. He knew a lot about dogs and I love dogs, that's one of the first things we talked about when I met him. He's older than me but I don't know his age, I think he's almost thirty. He was attractive as a friend at first. He's very youthful in his spirit and I now see him as mentally ill and juvenile… I am about to describe what happened so if you are under age or too immature to handle physical violence, don't read.

Anyway, we were hanging out at his storage shed one afternoon and I fell asleep there. I remember waking up with him trying to climb on top of me. I pushed him off but he was between me and the exit. He told me we were going to have sex because he really needed to bust a nut and I said no, that is not happening and he kept saying yes. He then threatened to get out his knife and at this point, because he said that I came to the conclusion that he is insane, horny, and picking a fight with me so I didn't struggle because I did not want to excite violence or lose my life when I could just cooperate. He smiled about the whole thing like jack the ripper and I was afraid that if I tried to move past him that he would try to kill me. He pulled off my pants when I did try to get away. I laid down and let him rape me because I was afraid to resist or create a chase, and I've heart that if women just cooperate for a while they won't suffer wounds and an escape will dawn much sooner. He was filming the part where I laid down and he had sex with me. It hurt. I remember making noises of pain. He then turned off the camera and fell asleep. I put my pants back on and ran back home.

He never struck me, never got out his knife, never stabbed or sliced me. He only threatened me and then shoved me around and pulled off my clothes to get me to submit, after I said it wasn't going to happen, I said no like a million times and then I just shut up. I don't know what sort of abuse that is, if it's psychological abuse, or physical.

I didn't tell my parents but I told the police. I was so humiliated I didn't want to press charges because he never hit me or actually used a weapon. But I was so terrified that he would find me and kill me or something. Now after talking to a doctor about this I realize I am developing PTSD. What he did to me was wrong but I am afraid that nobody in court will see my side, that he will get away with it completely blame me for it, and then come after me. Nobody should have to live with this kind of fear. I need to speak with the sex crimes detective about what my options are. After reading a lot about sexual assault I realize that I should take him to court to prevent him from doing this to anybody else. I'm still afraid of him. I trusted him as a friend for a long time before this happened so it's not only painful to lose a kindred spirit, but that he put me through hell.

Unholy Glitch

14,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Abomination 100
Rape is rape. Tell.
YES, ontop of RAPE, that is coercion.
If you leave this scum bag to be free, no doubt more girls will suffer.

Unholy Glitch

14,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Abomination 100
Reyna224

Let me reiterate, Rape is rape. Tell.

Simple as that, I don't even have to read the story.
shultz96
Reyna224

Let me reiterate, Rape is rape. Tell.

Simple as that, I don't even have to read the story.

Coercion is also an offense punishable by law.
You're actually rude in doing that, show the girl some respect. I imagine it's not easy to come out and say this.

Unholy Glitch

14,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Abomination 100
Let me get one thing clear. Don't mistake my brashness for rudeness. Anyone who isn't brave enough to do something about THEIR own issues. Should dwell in them.
shultz96
Let me get one thing clear. Don't mistake my brashness for rudeness. Anyone who isn't brave enough to do something about THEIR own issues. Should dwell in them.

Why not just quote me? Rude wasn't the right word, I'll admit. But it is undercutting everything she just said to act like all that needs to be said is what you said and that the conversation should end there.

Lunatic

Unholy Glitch

14,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Abomination 100
Reyna224
shultz96

Why not just quote me? Rude wasn't the right word, I'll admit. But it is undercutting everything she just said to act like all that needs to be said is what you said and that the conversation should end there.

The amount of detail she stated wasn't undercut, it was over the needed detail. She needed only to say "He raped me, should I tell or not?"
Her discretion with Gaia is not my problem. I gave her the answer she wanted. End the conversation.
shultz96
Reyna224
shultz96

The amount of detail she stated wasn't undercut, it was over the needed detail. She needed only to say "He raped me, should I tell or not?"
Her discretion with Gaia is not my problem. I gave her the answer she wanted. End the conversation.

What I said the first time you quoted me shows that there is more to it. But let's end this conversation.

Adored Admirer

I'm sorry to hear that. sad Report the crime. He deserves to be punished.

Dangerous Regular

Press charges- and avoid falling asleep in a male's storage shed, from now on.
"I realize that I should take him to court to prevent him from doing this to anybody else." I think you've already answered your own question. Press the charges, get a restraining order, or hire some protection. Do whatever you have to do in order for you to feel at ease.

Hygienic Exhibitionist

9,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
TL;DR, but YES.
He threatened you with a knife. You felt your life was in legitimate danger if you did not cooperate. That is still rape.

Yes, you should have charges filed against him.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff