• Befriended 100
  • Object of Affection 150
What everyone else said.

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Find where he sleeps and make it even. He took your innocence, you take his d**k. Cut it off! Cut it off!

Girl-Crazy Bloodsucker

I'm gonna get a bunch of s**t for this, but here I go.
No one may believe you.
This is about you, not me, so I'll keep my story short.
In the past, I was sexually assaulted by a close friend of mine for over a year. And no one believed me when the truth got out and I was harassed even more for it and forced to apologize to my assaulter.
I got a s**t ton of unwanted hate, threats, and drama, while my assaulter got off scot free and continues to brag about it to this day.
In hindsight, my life would be a million times better right now, if I just never said anything.
I'm not saying shouldn't tell anyone, but unless you know your family would believe you 100% and back you up, I wouldn't risk it.
It's just not worth it.

Familiar Poster

Dude, yes! Press charges!

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You don't want him to get away with it but you're just now wanting to press charges after a year has passed? Where is the logic in that and can you even do it at this point in time?

Shirtless Smoker

little aishi chan
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You don't want him to get away with it but you're just now wanting to press charges after a year has passed? Where is the logic in that and can you even do it at this point in time?

I made a report, there is a case number but I never followed through with pressing charges because I was afraid. I've tried to forget about it for a year but now I just can't, because I am developing post traumatic stress disorder. I think I can still do something about it.
I Shall Give You NoMercy
I'm gonna get a bunch of s**t for this, but here I go.
No one may believe you.
This is about you, not me, so I'll keep my story short.
In the past, I was sexually assaulted by a close friend of mine for over a year. And no one believed me when the truth got out and I was harassed even more for it and forced to apologize to my assaulter.
I got a s**t ton of unwanted hate, threats, and drama, while my assaulter got off scot free and continues to brag about it to this day.
In hindsight, my life would be a million times better right now, if I just never said anything.
I'm not saying shouldn't tell anyone, but unless you know your family would believe you 100% and back you up, I wouldn't risk it.
It's just not worth it.

That sucks, and that's exactly what I'm afraid of.
I'm just going to go right to the point, when you reported it did you give evidence? Like a rape kit? Because if you don't have evidence to back you up you may experience more pain than when it actually happened, i.e. reliving it, having people judge you and watching as the system fails you.

I also suffer from PTSD, thankfully not from rape. It sucks and I hope you feel better regardless of your choice.
nihilgrim
I'm just going to go right to the point, when you reported it did you give evidence? Like a rape kit? Because if you don't have evidence to back you up you may experience more pain than when it actually happened, i.e. reliving it, having people judge you and watching as the system fails you.

I also suffer from PTSD, thankfully not from rape. It sucks and I hope you feel better regardless of your choice.

Thank you. I will consider this when I speak with a detective.

Dapper Dabbler

7,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
im no rapist, but id probably classify that as rape
Hidden Candy
report it
I did report it right after it happened, but I was too afraid to press charges. Now that I am developing PTSD I believe I need to talk to a detective and see if we have enough evidence to press charges, mostly I want this to protect other girls from suffering from assault. He knows some of my young friends that I haven't told and I don't want to imagine him stalking them in the park like he did me.

Angelic Streaker

10,050 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Partygoer 500
User Image Leave your friends and family out of it when you talk to police if you're worried about people not believing you. Keep it short, only give details when they ask for them. Sometimes with that much worry people have a tendency of down-playing what actually happened or covering it up with not so relevant stuff.. like the fact that he was your friend, or that you partied together. Unless they ask, there's no reason to say much more than the fact that he threatened you after you said no several times and then proceeded to video tape and rape you. You said no. He continued, no matter what happened before or after that, it's still rape. Hands down, it's rape. Even if you complied after the fact. He threatened you. You said no. He continued anyways. Rape. Don't EVER let anyone tell you any different. It's really not that complicated. I hate how victims of rape have to not only be humiliated and violated like that but then have to fear if people would believe them or if what happened to them is 'worthy' enough to be reported and taken seriously. We are worth more than that. User Image
Shirabelle
User Image Leave your friends and family out of it when you talk to police if you're worried about people not believing you. Keep it short, only give details when they ask for them. Sometimes with that much worry people have a tendency of down-playing what actually happened or covering it up with not so relevant stuff.. like the fact that he was your friend, or that you partied together. Unless they ask, there's no reason to say much more than the fact that he threatened you after you said no several times and then proceeded to video tape and rape you. You said no. He continued, no matter what happened before or after that, it's still rape. Hands down, it's rape. Even if you complied after the fact. He threatened you. You said no. He continued anyways. Rape. Don't EVER let anyone tell you any different. It's really not that complicated. I hate how victims of rape have to not only be humiliated and violated like that but then have to fear if people would believe them or if what happened to them is 'worthy' enough to be reported and taken seriously. We are worth more than that. User Image

Thank you, this gives me courage.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces