Welcome to Gaia! ::

Here's the deal in simple, straightforward terms.

My friend and I are both freshman in high school. Her boyfriend was a senior. We're 15, he's 18. 2 weeks after they started going out, they had sex. Three days later she broke up with him. I was glad. I hated the guy. He was using her. Anyway, now she's with this guy who's even worse. And her parents are divorced, and she lives primarily with her dad. Well she likes to stand in the street when he comes out, so he can't get passed, and he makes like he's gunna hit her, but then swerves. Just playing around, ya know? He does it with me too. Well they live on a narrow street, and this time, he didn't miss her. He nudged against her. Just hard enough that she tripped. He was going maybe 2 MPH. He was -crawling-. Well anyway, she got scraped palms, and a small little bruise on her a**. I get worse bruises and scrapes that I don't know where the hell I got em from. Now she's telling her mom that her dad -flew- into her and that she's in constant pain. Bullshit. They have a fullsized van. If he -flew- into her, she'd be dead. Ka-smush. Road Pattie. Ect ect ect. She's being her normal over dramatic self, and trying to get sympathy from us all. Us being the rest of our friends and her boyfriend.

However

She isn't getting any sympathy from me whatsoever. I am sick and ******** tired of putting up her 'oh woe is me, my life is a misery' act. It's been going on for a decade, since Kindergarten where we met. I'm not going to put up with it any longer.

But

I feel bad about not feeling bad. I have a conscience. I don't like to see people suffer without a good reason.

~~~~~

Is it a bad thing that I don't feel bad? And what the hell should I tell her? She keeps screaming at me in the classes we have together.

"You don't care about me anymore! If you did, you'd be -worried- about my health! My dad's a jackass and you just tell me to suck it up and stop being a baby!"

Things along those lines.

Help? ^^"
No to be a pessimist, but because of this, can you even trust her anymore as a friend? In fact, can you even consider her one? A real friend, no matter how long you've been together, will have the guts to tell you what really happened and beg you to try and solve the problem with her, not live, yell at you, and pull a dramatic scene.

I suggest you have a talk with her and calm her down a bit, tell her that you KNOW what's happening and that she should drop him because he's not worth it if he's manipulating her this way.

Sorry, that's the best I can do...
i really don't understand girls. u don't openly want symphany. yea, maybe u do inside, but it's not something u ask for.
Tell her to suck it up and stop being a baby. xd Flick her off and go your way.
I know exactly how you feel. I don't feel sympathetic for anyone anymore, and I get yelled at for it. But I just suck it up, and go along my merry way.
you can only take so much emotion, or dumb decisions from one person. You don't have to be sympathetic, you've cared for her before and she keeps making the same stupid mistakes so there's no reason for you to really care at all anymore.
Do not telerate this any more. Be done with her. Youll just suffer more pian by sympathy her. Belive me I was in the same boat. ANd ended up getting into worst stiuation.( I had to call police on one of those casaes)
So why do we have friends? Well they fulfill needs in our life that we can't fulfill ourselves. So, I have a very mercantile rule for friends...they either pull their weight or they have to walk the plank. If a friend causes more drama or negative things in my life than the positive role they play then they become a drain on me and I let them go. Now, nothing's that black and white. If I've been friends with someone for a long time (as you have with this friend) then I realize that occassionally everyone goes through a bitchy slump in their life where they need motivation and support. And, being a good friend and giving that support is your job. But, if you have a friend that consistently requires support for baseless issues then you need to re-evaluate your friendship with them. I think that you will probably find that you are being used as a flotation device in her emotional cess-pool. Offer to help pull her out. If she is not interested in making her life better then I would make her walk the plank. Life is too complicated to deal with other people's drama-llama herds.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff