Welcome to Gaia! ::

so I don't know if this is the right place to start this topic but I have a couple issues I really need help on... I don't know why Im like this but Im just trying to find ways to make me change my attitude

one is my self esteem. Its not really how I look like I do think Im "cute" (I mean my friends say I look like an anime) though I don't know if thats a complement. Its just my self overall I feel bad about.
maybe my personality, Im really awkward and extremely shy. I also got ADD and an LD and my spelling is really bad.
Im also just a dumb person overall but I try to embrace that in a way sad ...... I did do good in school smile
I also feel the same about my art work not being very good.

I kinda get but hurt a lot. not in the way were a call it off on people but I bottle it up inside. even if people say something thats not even that mean it slicks with me....this is one of the reasons I was afraid to start this post but I need to man up.

lastly This is the thing that hurts me the must witch I kinda said before my extremely shy personality. Im really kinda nervous to talk to people Gaia and real life (even know I already got friends in real life) I really wanna be more social and every time Im not with my friends I snap up and avoid people. In gaia someone with go up to me and I'll click out of the box before I can say anything Im just to worried I'm going to get but hurt over nothing or seem dumb....

Im really sorry if my spelling is off I did check it but if you got anymore questions feel free to ask me them.

if you could help me Id be soooooo happy smile Thank you so so so so MUCH!!!!!!
your truly- tamara

Wealthy Millionaire

6,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
Well, if you are Shy, the only answer is to be Confident in yourself. say to yourself "I am a confident girl" and practice Speaking in a mirror. or else you could be an easy target for bullies.

Cipher (cat): Being shy is never really a problem.if you cant and or dont want to change as it is a hard thing. be yourself. not everyone is perfect.

OES's Prince

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

10,600 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Literally, this is what you do. You get out of your comfort zone and just get s**t done. If you wanna talk to someone go and do it. You can't help the fact that some people will like you and others might not. It just happens that way. It is the way of life. Once you start getting out of your comfort zone more and more it will leave a good impression on you, by making you feel on top of the ******** world.
Don't really call yourself dumb, if you keep telling yourself that you're gonna make yourself out to be that.
Take life lightly, learn how to laugh at yourself for being a derp.
People see a certain aura on others though they don't REALLY notice it. Be confident and people will surely see that.

4,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I was the same way as you once. What I found was when I got my full-time job, working in customer service just brought me out of my comfort zone and I found the confidence in myself. I'm no longer shy and have low self-esteem, I feel outgoing, although internally I will always be an introvert, and I can sometimes be obnoxious lol. The point is, I stopped being shy because of it. You need to do something that brings you completely out of your comfort zone and forces you to be open and vocal.

Desirable Wife

Tamara, theres nothing wrong with you at all. Gosh heart I may not have advice for you, but I do have an opinion of you. It's that your a wonderful young lady. Don't be so had on yourself just because you have issues here and there. They don't make you in anyway bad. They are just challenges for you to overcome. emotion_yatta

Dangerous Bloodsucker

So here's what I did to overcome my social anxiety: Went out and talked to people. Sure it's nerve wracking as ********, but the more you do it the easier it gets. I mean seriously what's the worst that can happen? They don't like you. Big deal. Who says you have to be liked by everyone? And even if that's the case, it's not the end of the world. There are plenty of people who will and do like you, and those are the ones that matter.

Chatty Smoker

How old are you? These things are common in teenagers as you're growing up because you're in an awkward stage and you're finding yourself. I went through the same thing and it sucks.

You just have to learn to be confident with yourself. Look in the mirror and tell yourself what you love about yourself. If you dislike something, think of how you can improve it.
Disagreeing with the people saying there's nothing wrong with being "shy" or overly reserved. It's one thing to prefer time to yourself but it's another thing to just lack confidence and social skills so you don't have to ability to function when you should. The good news is that it can be learned.

Try to wear clothes, makeup, and hairstyles that you really and that flatter you. That is probably one of the greatest things you can do to be more happy with your appearance. It is just as easy to throw on sweats and an old hoodie as it is to put on a cardigan and fitted jeans. Depending on your finances it can take a while to get nicer clothes or get better with applying makeup but doing these things to treat yourself better will make you come across as more confident.

As far as thinking you aren't intelligent, do things that you enjoy and that you find challenging. It is easy to compare yourself to friends or classmates. As you start to engage yourself and see your skills grow you'll KNOW that you are capable of doing things. Even in talking to people, just do it. People don't judge you as harshly as you think they will.

Your art may not be at the skill you would like right now but again, this is a learned skill. draw from a variety of sources, work on your basics and if you can, take an art class. The more you draw the better you get. In fact, it is possible to go from n00b to pro in approximately 5-6 years. Keep all of your art in a way were you can go back and look at your old work so you can see that you have improved. As long as there's some improvement that's something to be proud of.

Lady Bunny

13,300 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
I have to talk myself out of being shy all the time, it's something you just have to get used to. Telling yourself you are not shy, positive thoughts about yourself and just holding your head up can make a big difference. I also like to remember that when people see someone who is shy, they don't think "aw she shy," they think, "oh, shes stuck up." which helps me open up because I don't want to be seen as stuck up!
Also, self esteem is a big thing a LOT of girls deal with their whole lives, so you are not alone! What you should do is pick out one thing a day that you like about yourself, and keep reminding yourself that day that you like that about you. Keep doing that for something different, and if it's something you dont like and you can change, then change it! If no, then learn to love you for you.
Sometimes it can be really hard to believe what people say to you when you don't think you are attractive. I have a hard time with things my boyfriend says to me, like talking about how gorgeous I am,I'm like, "yo shut your face" lol . but it's all in the eye of the beholder. But you have to be your own eye, too, and love you.
Thank you heart Ill do all the things you guys told me to do. I am 15 so It might be some kinda of growing up thing. Im going to work really hard on talking to people and being my more confident with my attitude and with my abilities. smile I really appreciate all you guys helping me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff