Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,450 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Ok...

Short version.

Started working again as a temp in an office i between jobs, and one of the guys there, who is much older then I am I believe likes me. He's always flirting, and stares at me too long. Well one day I had to leave for a CPR class for my current job, and he was on the phone so I just kinda stepped in front of him and waved. He grabbed my hand with both hands and held it.

Well recently he told me that he missed me when I switched to my current job. (via phone) The training for that job was random so I ended up temping again for a few days. When he saw that I was in the office the following day after he said he missed me he put his head on my shoulder. The next day we where talking and it was just us, he put his hand on my hand, took it away and then put it back on my hand. (That's flirting right, he's much older then I am so I'm not sure.)

I'm editing a book that this guy has written, and he's read my poetry. The last day I was there, was a half day bc I had a doctors apt. I gave him a letter with poetry explaining that I liked him.
On the outside of the letter it had a poem which he read.

He responded with a post it saying " You are a wonderful person, we will TALK later. I like your poems/story Sorry to much work to talk."
I responded with: "You may not talk to me after you read it. "
Then he responded with "No matter what I am your family, your friend for life. "
So then I was like "I don't think you think it is what you think it is."
(I guess he read/skimmed my letter)
Then he responded: I am not freaked out. I am honored(underlined) Smile too (underlined)

I had to leave so that was that. We pass post it notes all the time.
I have to pick up my last check on Friday, and I will see him.
I don't have his number, but he was mine... I think.

ADVICE PLEASE!!!
Thinking of asking him to coffee o Friday so that we can talk, bc it's hard rt now with work.

Timid Star

11,075 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Timid 100
His reply seems sort of odd to me, almost like he's not interested, but his behavior says otherwise.

I'd definitely have a chat with him whenever you get the opportunity, outside of a work environment. Ask him straightforward how he feels, and hopefully he will be open and honest with you in return.
If he is much older than you then be worried. Because it sounds like he enjoys the attention but I dont think it will go where you want it.

5,750 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
I agree with the other posters.
Sounds very shady. I'd stay away from him. He sounds like he could be a creeper.

Perfect Pumpkin

The meaning behind his actions is pretty clear to me: He's into you. His response to your letter was blah, and I think that's why you made this thread. xp Maybe he's not good with words, so he tried to say something meaningful (as cheesy as it came out).

Like other posters have already said, be cautious. There is a social stigma about age gaps between partners (and it's not unfounded), but you should always proceed with caution anyways around someone you don't really know yet.

Ask him out for coffee and chat about whatever. Do this a few times and see what you have to talk about now that you no longer work together. See if the chemistry is there, or if it's just a workplace fling.

Enthusiast

Catherine
Ok...

Short version.

Started working again as a temp in an office i between jobs, and one of the guys there, who is much older then I am I believe likes me. He's always flirting, and stares at me too long. Well one day I had to leave for a CPR class for my current job, and he was on the phone so I just kinda stepped in front of him and waved. He grabbed my hand with both hands and held it.

Well recently he told me that he missed me when I switched to my current job. (via phone) The training for that job was random so I ended up temping again for a few days. When he saw that I was in the office the following day after he said he missed me he put his head on my shoulder. The next day we where talking and it was just us, he put his hand on my hand, took it away and then put it back on my hand. (That's flirting right, he's much older then I am so I'm not sure.)

I'm editing a book that this guy has written, and he's read my poetry. The last day I was there, was a half day bc I had a doctors apt. I gave him a letter with poetry explaining that I liked him.
On the outside of the letter it had a poem which he read.

He responded with a post it saying " You are a wonderful person, we will TALK later. I like your poems/story Sorry to much work to talk."
I responded with: "You may not talk to me after you read it. "
Then he responded with "No matter what I am your family, your friend for life. "
So then I was like "I don't think you think it is what you think it is."
(I guess he read/skimmed my letter)
Then he responded: I am not freaked out. I am honored(underlined) Smile too (underlined)

I had to leave so that was that. We pass post it notes all the time.
I have to pick up my last check on Friday, and I will see him.
I don't have his number, but he was mine... I think.

ADVICE PLEASE!!!
Thinking of asking him to coffee o Friday so that we can talk, bc it's hard rt now with work.

Maybe it's because this is the short version, but he sounds extremely creepy; and it's not because of his age. What worries me is how everything started in an eerie, unspoken way. It's as if he made you two a relationship or friendship from the moment he saw you, and without asking you; that's dangerously close to stalker behavior. It also appears you just respond to his flirting out of courtesy, and feeling flattered; then started liking him due to all the attention he's giving you. Before you asked him to coffee, figure out if you truly like and trust this man or not.

II Earl Grey II's Darling

Hmmmm id say hes interested, although you need to be careful with workplace relationships....
I also agree he comes off creepy, be careful<3333

But if your interested id try it.

In a relationship with daethlor

Romantic Lover

12,725 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Per my sheer opinion I never find it wise to mix professional lifestyle with personal lifestyle, it worked for my mother but she worked with the man for 7 years before dating. Since the only side we have is yours, I personally if I were in your shoes wouldn't really like the whole creepy flirting, with someone older than "us" they tend to usually be blunt and not subtle, so someone that is advanced at manipulation is what this sounds like and it comes off as viewing one as "frail" but not serious. I wouldn't stress it too much, but be cautious and wise, by wise I mean think logically and sound if possible, not with your emotions, when feelings are involved, it's never stable. Whatever we all say it's all opinionated, and if it's not what you want to hear, you're not going to listen. That's human nature, trust me. If so many people think something is amiss something does come off, I wouldn't rush into anything and would get to the know this person and why they approach you the way they do first. If he has your number he can call you, or even text you, be frank, and honest. Tell him you're not looking for games, it's best to be upfront with men because they don't know what you're thinking and you don't know what they are thinking. His vagueness seems wavering as if he's unsure but to base it off your feelings. Don't do what you feel is right, do what you know is right. Do NOT be swindled by someone just because they give you attention, that's a leading cause for swift mistakes. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff