Welcome to Gaia! ::

Okay, this is sort of another "long" story. For the past two years or so, I have been COMPLETELY depressed ALL of the time. I mean, like.... Suicidal depressed and everything. I was just thinking that things would never get better...When along comes Duncan.

Duncan is a boy in my grade.. I never really knew him until this year, but I knew who he was through my friends. But from the first time I had a real conversation with him, I couldn't stop smiling.

Because of him, for the past few weeks all I was able to do was smile. The only times I ever cried were out of sincere happiness...No longer out of self-pity. And my friends all got my hopes up so high... They told me that they were sure that he likes me...

He did have a girlfriend at the time... But he told me that he was planning on breaking up with her this weekend. So at this point, I had never been a happier person in my life. My entire mood changed.. The world seemed so perfect. I was so egotistical [for the first time in my life] that I believed what my friends were telling me...I believed he liked me as much as I liked him...

Come to find out today.... The reason he was planning on breaking up with his girlfriend was because he had been planning on asking out one of my friends.. And it crushed me... Crushed me down so far.. I have been crying all day and I can't stop. And I am sure she likes him back...

I am sorry for bitching and moaning, its just that.....This happens everytime...Why is life such a b***h? I mean, why does it have to take away the ONE thing in my life that made me happy...? sad

And if you have advice, by all means, post it... But this thread was also mostly to get this off of my chest... I am hoping by doing this that my heart may seek some relief... So sorry for ranting...
ok, that was long and i read about 2 sentences but from what i get, just take it easy...relax, maybe he will break up with your friend, But if he does you have to ask him out or you may never get the chance! Plus there are a whole bunch of other guys out there (for me example xp just kidding...or am I?) But seriously take it easy it's not the end of the world.
Toukai
ok, that was long and i read about 2 sentences but from what i get, just take it easy...relax, maybe he will break up with your friend, But if he does you have to ask him out or you may never get the chance! Plus there are a whole bunch of other guys out there (for me example xp just kidding...or am I?) But seriously take it easy it's not the end of the world.
read the whole damn thing!

Original Shapeshifter

11,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Friendly 100
Torn Paper Heart
Okay, this is sort of another "long" story. For the past two years or so, I have been COMPLETELY depressed ALL of the time. I mean, like.... Suicidal depressed and everything. I was just thinking that things would never get better...When along comes Duncan.

Duncan is a boy in my grade.. I never really knew him until this year, but I knew who he was through my friends. But from the first time I had a real conversation with him, I couldn't stop smiling.

Because of him, for the past few weeks all I was able to do was smile. The only times I ever cried were out of sincere happiness...No longer out of self-pity. And my friends all got my hopes up so high... They told me that they were sure that he likes me...

He did have a girlfriend at the time... But he told me that he was planning on breaking up with her this weekend. So at this point, I had never been a happier person in my life. My entire mood changed.. The world seemed so perfect. I was so egotistical [for the first time in my life] that I believed what my friends were telling me...I believed he liked me as much as I liked him...

Come to find out today.... The reason he was planning on breaking up with his girlfriend was because he had been planning on asking out one of my friends.. And it crushed me... Crushed me down so far.. I have been crying all day and I can't stop. And I am sure she likes him back...

I am sorry for bitching and moaning, its just that.....This happens everytime...Why is life such a b***h? I mean, why does it have to take away the ONE thing in my life that made me happy...? sad

And if you have advice, by all means, post it... But this thread was also mostly to get this off of my chest... I am hoping by doing this that my heart may seek some relief... So sorry for ranting...

It is crushing to have that sort of thing happen, but don't dispair. Things will work out eventually, I promise you. The thing is, this should give you hope that you can find some one else, so you can experience that bliss again.
And your friends set you up for that fall, because you wouldn't have probably thought he was going to ask you out if not for them.
So take matters into your own hands...
You could ask a guy out.
Or go to the movies with a group of friends.
You never know what might develop...
I'm not trying to make you feel better, but I definatly think that the girl is gonna say no to Duncan. No offense to either of them, bc she's my friend too, but I think Luccie's the type of person to be "embarrassed" to go out with Duncan. I'm friends with Duncan too, so don't think I'm dissing him, bc I'm not. But neways, just express your feelings with your closest friends. Let them help you. They love you, remember that. I don't know what else to say. I wuv you Bribri!
Ok, i read the whole thing sweatdrop ...Well if your friend knows the situation and she's really your friend (it also helps if she doesn't like him) then she will say no because she knows how you feel and she cares for you.
HoWsMyHaIr24
I'm not trying to make you feel better, but I definatly think that the girl is gonna say no to Duncan. No offense to either of them, bc she's my friend too, but I think Luccie's the type of person to be "embarrassed" to go out with Duncan. I'm friends with Duncan too, so don't think I'm dissing him, bc I'm not. But neways, just express your feelings with your closest friends. Let them help you. They love you, remember that. I don't know what else to say. I wuv you Bribri!

I wuv you too, emily! Thank you..And thanks to everyone else..
Well, at least i've stopped crying hysterically... That's a step in the right direction, I suppose..
Does he know how you feel? If not, you should tell him if you're comfortable with it, but don't make him feel like your asking for anything, just a declaration. That's what helps me when stuff like this happens.

Hardcore Sex Symbol

12,575 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Ultimate Player 200
Why not talk to thise guy and tell him how you feel about him before he can ask your friend out?
Torn Paper Heart
Well, at least i've stopped crying hysterically... That's a step in the right direction, I suppose..

Yes. It's a step in a very good direction. I know life sucks right now and I know you feel really crappy..but just remember that Duncan never wanted to hurt you and didn't do any of this intentionally. I already gave you a hell of a lot of advice online so I won't draw this out any further. Goodnight Briannaaa, I hope you feel better!
I am sure that everything will turn out just fine in the end. As for what is happening right now it might help to tell him how you feel...ask the lucky fellow out.
<center>There is no need to get sad over it, Life takes many odd turns but you will fine the right path.

He probaly dosen't know you that well , It's better if you still talk to him , Not flirt, Help him if he has problems be his friend and you his friend. Tell h im about your problems when you are sure you can trust him. Everyone has a horrible probaly in life, But you should never give it up , You basically have one life to live and you must live it to the fullest of course there will be things pulling you down, Like a Friend Or A Boy but you got to learn to pick yourself up, Learn to treat yourself how you should really be treated.

Life is a complicated thing and it will only get worst if you keep pulling it down, Pull yourself up, make new friends or join some sports, Learn to draw or if you can draw draw your feelings out and lock them away if they are bad, If you treat yourself well , You life will soon pick up and you will meet a wonderful man and have a family that you will protect, Live life to your fullest dont bring it down.
Sensedog
Why not talk to thise guy and tell him how you feel about him before he can ask your friend out?

<center>But that can back fire, He might date her out of pity and thats not what she wants... Not what anyone wants...
how old are you? Do you realize the chances of finding true love in high school are slim to none. I mean, I must sound like a hypocrit because I believe I've found true love (I'm a senior in high school) but c'mon. You should think more of yourself. Your life shouldn't revolve around one guy. I too was depressed for YEARS, I though about suicide but actually doing it? No... why? because there is so much to live for. Just because you can't have one person out of 6.2 billion people is no reason to go to such drastic measures. Cry the rest of today if you want, get some sleep, and move on.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff