Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkling Junker

I have experience with how abusive relationships work but unfortunately I've gotten myself stuck in another one and, just like last time, I don't know how to make it out.
The primary problem is that I've lost all self worth and any trust in my own judgement. I just need someone to tell me I'm making the right decisions.
I'm not getting into details via a thread because it's a long post and I like my privacy, but if you have experience with abusive relationships or you'd just like to lend an ear and some two cents then feel free to PM me

Fashionable Sex Symbol

14,075 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
You don't need the opinions of others to make up your mind. It is not up to us, nor should it even matter, to you, how we feel about whatever. It is your life, and you need to do what you need to in order to get out of a bad situation. Be it right, or wrong, it is YOUR CHOICE! It doesn't matter if you do something that you think is wrong, as long as you learn from it in the end.

Sparkling Junker

quayla666
You don't need the opinions of others to make up your mind. It is not up to us, nor should it even matter, to you, how we feel about whatever. It is your life, and you need to do what you need to in order to get out of a bad situation. Be it right, or wrong, it is YOUR CHOICE! It doesn't matter if you do something that you think is wrong, as long as you learn from it in the end.

The problem is that he has me in his grip- on one hand I know I need to shake him because I am in danger, but at the same time I just want more and more of him. I'm too indecisive to stand by any of the choices I've been trying to make for weeks.

Fashionable Sex Symbol

14,075 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
seagiant
quayla666

The problem is that he has me in his grip- on one hand I know I need to shake him because I am in danger, but at the same time I just want more and more of him. I'm too indecisive to stand by any of the choices I've been trying to make for weeks.
What are you in danger from? Is he physically abusive? How long have you two been together for?

To be honest with you.. To be truly honest, you are ********, until you leave. If you are hanging around, hoping things will get better, they will get worse.. There is no getting better. Things may SEEM better for a bit, after s**t goes down, but I am sure that he is just stringing you along, giving you enough of what you want to just keep you around. Once you see that isn't a relationship, it is an entrapment, you will see that leaving is the best option.

If you are scared for your physical well-being, and live with him.. It would be best to seek a place that you can stay at. Friends, family, shelters, etc are all places you can go, and be safe. And if he tries to get to you at all, call the cops.
no relationship is worth it if you are being abused
get out of there as soon as you can

Kirai Nenshou's Fangirl

Star

13,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Noble Shade 100
being in an abusive relationship never ends well.. it always gets worse. he was obviously brought up seeing that so thats how he feels relationship are. i'd leave asap since you know it is an abusive relationship. leave before it gets worse.
2 important things

1. He only has you in his 'grip' as long as you wish. You need to stick to your guns and go through with it.

2. The most dangerous time is when you leave because that is when a dude will lash out, so prepare. Go to a shelter, go crash at a friend's house, whatever you need to do but be careful.
Break up with him over a phone call. If you are living with him move your belongings over to a family member's or friends while he isn't home and leave. Then break up with him, but not in person because that may put you into a potentially dangerous situation. Things will not get better for you until you leave him.

Enthusiast

seagiant
I have experience with how abusive relationships work but unfortunately I've gotten myself stuck in another one and, just like last time, I don't know how to make it out.
The primary problem is that I've lost all self worth and any trust in my own judgement. I just need someone to tell me I'm making the right decisions.
I'm not getting into details via a thread because it's a long post and I like my privacy, but if you have experience with abusive relationships or you'd just like to lend an ear and some two cents then feel free to PM me

Speaking from experience, it sounds like you're not ready to leave. When you're ready to leave, you'll feel sure of it without anyone giving advice; of course, there's always that possibility he'll talk you back into the relationship, but from there it depends on how strong you are on resisting his lies and how bad you want to your sanity back.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff