Welcome to Gaia! ::

Business Carnivore

17,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
So yeah, I've been going to ITT Tech for about 3 years now.
Got an associate in Network Computer Systems, and am currently working on my Bachelor in Networking Technologies & Cybersecurity.
Thing is I'm sick of school, well mainly the shittyness of going to school in such a shitty economy. Doesn't feel like I've learned anything since attending.
Wasn't able to get a job in my field and ended up stuck at the airport as a ramp agent, worst job that has ever existed might add.
Before, when I was training for my associates, Felt like I had a chance of pursing careers in cybersecurity and making an actual difference in the world.
I've lost that feeling, in fact the only difference between me and a corpse right now is the fact one of us is walking.
A lot of my family members are in some branch of the military and suddenly I'm getting the urge to go. Thought the Airforce would be a great choice since I'm technical.
I really think that they could rebuild me as a person, get rid of all the s**t I've let take over my life and give me purpose.
Problem is, I have no clue where to even begin or how to go about getting this plan setup into motion.
I'm going to be contacting my uncle-in-law whose in the Navy and talk to him about recruitment and such, any tips or advice before I begin?

Girl-Crazy Giver

11,900 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Object of Affection 150
I would recommend getting your bachelor's degree first, and going in as an officer. Also, talk to a recruiter. The best place to start would be the Air Force website, where you can give your information and have a recruiter call you, send you information, or chat online to a representative. Also, yes, talk to your relatives and get advice from them, as they're more likely to know what type of person you are and how well they think you might do in certain situations. You might also want to have someone tag along with you who has experience to go talk to the recruiter, that way you aren't given wrong information.

Gracious Millionaire

9,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
Varinius

I would definitely try and get your degree first if you could stick it out. My cousin went straight into the Air Force after high school and now that he's older and has little kids he wants to be at home, but he can't find a job because he has no degree. He regrets not going to college now and doing that before he joined. But good luck to you in whatever you decide to do. 3nodding

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
Just do one more year of collage, you can get in as an officer. Trust me, that would be better.
I know how you feel. I am going in my 4th year of college and still only a junior. It is the same routine over and over and over, and a lot of the work doesn't feel like it is worth it. However, getting a bachelor's degree in some type of computer field will open many, many opportunities for you...even in the air force. If you can stick it out a little longer, try to finish the degree and then see how you feel.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff