Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Lunatic

11,025 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
Okay so here it goes. I started dating this guy back in January of last year. It was long distance so we couldn't actually see each other. Things were good until May. I found out he was "role-playing" with a ******** buddy of his. I found out because I had access to his account and I was being nosey and went through his PMS. The thing is all of this happens back in late January to early February. I broke up with him and we got back together a few days later. I just believed he deserved a second chance and he promised me he wouldn't do it again. Okay. Ever since then I've had a hard time trusting him so I would access his account and monitor him. We talked about it and I said I'd try my best to stop. Okay. Here we are in February of this year. Like 3 weeks ago I caught him with the same girl again. He said he was unsure about his feelings for me so he tested her. I broke up with him AGAIN and I left...but I came back due to the emptiness in my heart...I took him back and he promised he wouldn't hurt me or cheat or play around on me. I told him this is last chance. OKAY. On Wednesday I caught him teasing her and I blew up. I left...but I kept coming back to him for days due to the emptiness in my heart. I didn't take him back but now we are friends...so here's the thing: Am I wrong? Should I leave?...He also said he did it because I wanted to find him doing something so bad so he gave me something to look at..

Shy Lunatic

11,025 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
Anyone please help...

Questionable Prophet

I'd wait to be friends for a while, and yes, I would leave.

He shouldn't be "testing" other girls out and honestly you shouldn't be snooping.
You've already broken up several times in the first year. It isn't going to work.
As well as the fact that it's long distance. You need to have a lot of trust in any relationship, but more so in a LD one.

And no one needs internet drama in their life.

Chatty Smoker

Definitely leave. He clearly doesn't respect you or the relationship if he risks what you have COUNTLESS times for this same girl. Cut off all contact and be done with him. Giving someone a second chance is one thing, but to catch him again and again... now the joke is on you :/ find someone who respect you enough not to cheat. He got away with it so many times he figures he can just keep doing it. If he wants to roleplay with his little girlfriend, let him. You just won't be there smile
brunette_barbie_x0xo
Definitely leave. He clearly doesn't respect you or the relationship if he risks what you have COUNTLESS times for this same girl. Cut off all contact and be done with him. Giving someone a second chance is one thing, but to catch him again and again... now the joke is on you :/ find someone who respect you enough not to cheat. He got away with it so many times he figures he can just keep doing it. If he wants to roleplay with his little girlfriend, let him. You just won't be there smile

Dead on!

He isn't the only fish out there. He is simply EXPECTING you to keep coming back to him becuase you have done so before. This...pattern is just almost the same as letting him emotionally and mentally abuse you.

Last time I checked Homo Sapien was NOT Latin or Greek for Yo-Yo

7,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Statustician 100
holy douchebag alert. Yeah. Leaving is definitely the correct decision. Hope you feel better. And cut off communications with him. I know it will be hard, I've been there, but it helps with the process.

Blessed Codger

When couples break up...there's usually a reason for it. :/ Clearly that's the case here.

Now, nobody's saying that it's not hard to leave somebody you loved. Really, it is.

But you say you did it because of the 'emptiness in your heart.' Do you really mean to say that your heart can be filled by someone who doesn't even love you enough not to mess with some other chick on the internet?? Is that really the most you can hope for? Is that all you're worth??

I don't think so. You are precious in God's eyes and you clearly have lots of love to give. It seems that you can't trust yourself not to go back to this guy, so you really should just drop all contact with him until you're no longer hurting over the break-up. Just take it one day at a time and let yourself get used to it. Seriously. You're going to look back and wonder why you ever gave this guy the time of day.

Mr Pyong's Waifu

Fashionable Streaker

You guys are both my friends, but you seem toxic for one another. I know that you feel empty and sad right now, but sometimes it is better to just let things go. Feeling the need to stay in contact means you're thinking about taking him back, but you wouldn't trust him, and he'd be wrong to expect you to. And him purposely fueling the fire by giving you "something to see" shows that he can't handle it either. I just want you both to be happy, and tormenting yourselves with what could have been doesn't help. You can't undo what has been done so you need to accept it then work through it. You have friends if you ever need the support though. You aren't alone just because of a break up.

Clocksys's Princess

Fanatical Partygoer

11,275 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I always thought it was weird when partners had to monitor another partner's social media...
Anyways... a on and off relationship can never last. You should just leave him, and don't give him another chance.
Aw, hunny. I know what your going through.

Chin up, you gotta leave him. He doesn't respect you at all, if he keeps on doing this to you. It's going to be okay. Your emptiness will be filled with happiness soon. Go hang out with some of your girls, you'll be fine. You'd be surprised how many people have been there. heart

Interesting Autobiographer

11,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Generous 100
These issues are all red flags on both of your accounts. This relationship needs to come to and end. Both parties are gaining nothing and this is not a loving relationship. If he is teasing other girls then he has mentally check out of the relationship and is ready to move on.
I was in the same boat you were close to two years ago. I had met this guy at school and we were complete strangers even though we had gone to the same high school. Well, we would talk here and there, and then we became really great friends. He had a girlfriend and I respected that. I had developed feelings for him, but I never told him because I knew he wasn't available and I didn't want to ruin his relationship with his girlfriend. Well, him and his girlfriend had broken up, and him and I got even closer. A month after his break up, I told him how I felt and he said he felt the same way, but he wasn't ready to be in a relationship. I told him that's fine, I understood. Well, not a week later, he ends up getting into a relationship with a girl he had for class. I felt devastated.. I felt hurt and I cried so much. It felt like my heart hurt. Once he started to date his classmate, I would distance myself from him because I didn't want to get hurt. But he ended up breaking up with the second girl and he told me he loved me and wanted to be with me, but now wasn't the right time. I was hesitant to believe him, but I did anyway. It was three months after that that the sister of his first ex, called him and told him that her sister was miserable without him. So, he went to go talk to his first ex and they ended up getting back together. This felt even worse and I wanted to hate him, but I knew I couldn't. I was angry, and hurt. So I distanced myself again because I didn't want to get hurt again. Their relationship didn't last long and they ended up breaking up again. Again he told me his sweet lies, but this time I didn't believe him. I would actually do a lot of things for this guy. I would buy him things off of ebay that he wanted, or I would buy him food whenever we were at school. I would pay for his gas because he sometimes didn't have money left over from his paycheck to pay for gas. I ******** loved him and I showed it. He would continue to tell me he loved me and he wanted to be with me but he needed time. By this time, I was falling into a depression and I knew that what him and I had wasn't healthy. So I gave up on any hope of him and I getting into a relationship. Then at work, one of my co-workers asked me out on a date and he was really sweet so I said yes. I wanted to go on a date. I wanted to get myself out there. Anyway, I went on one date with my co-worker, and then we went on several more dates. They guy who claimed to love me confronted me about it and demanded to know what I was doing. I told him that I lost hope for the two of us and I was dating someone else. He was furious and basically told me that I had to choose between the two of them. I made my choice and now I'm in a relationship with my co-worker, and I'm happy.

The point I'm trying to make is yes, you want to so desperately hold onto this person because you feel like you need and want this person in your life, no matter what they do. But... what you need to realize is it's not healthy for you, nor is it fair. It's not fair for someone to be able to toy with your feelings. You feel like you need this person in your life, but sometimes you really don't. You don't need people who are going to hurt you; you need someone who will do the opposite. You need someone who will respect you, and treat you like a human being; one you can trust.

You can try to be friends, but what worries me is that you're going to get hurt again. :c You deserve someone who is going to make you smile, and prove to you that you can trust him. This is going to be hard because like I said, you may have really strong feelings for this person, but you also need to realize a relationship like this won't be good in the long run. You aren't wrong for giving him chances because you wanted to hope and believe that he wouldn't hurt you, but he did. You don't deserve that, sweetie. :c

Bashful Bunny

Sounds like he's full of s**t. Definitely leave.
Trust me, you can find someone better than that.

Fuzzy Bibliophile

12,400 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image How did you get access to his social media in the first place?

Shy Lunatic

11,025 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
Moogle Voodoo
User Image How did you get access to his social media in the first place?
He told me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces