Welcome to Gaia! ::

I was invited out to the bar by this guy named Aaron, he seemed really nice and I had never met him in person so I figured a public place like that would be perfect. Anyways, he said I could bring some friend which I did and he brought along this guy named Shawn. So basically, I was technically for all purposes Aarons date… but I REALLY like Shawn. About ten times more then I like Aaron. They are both great guys, but Shawn is just one of those guys that makes me laugh and feel a bubbly and honestly that’s what I look for in a guy. I had a great time out with them, but after being home for a bit I really realize I’m way more drawn to Shawn. It was very clear he was trying to keep his distance to avoid stepping on Aarons toes, but I feel like I might have even a small chance if I were to hangout with him more. And honestly, I’m willing to go for that small chance because he seems like a really awesome guy.

So what do I do? Do I play nice and just not go for Shawn because I was technically Aarons date, or do I just go for Shawn regardless of that fact?

I never have issues like this so if you have any advice i would really apreciate it! Sorry that my grammar is lacking tonight. Thanks guy! I love your faces!

Sparkly Vampire

9,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
sarbear397
I was invited out to the bar by this guy named Aaron, he seemed really nice and I had never met him in person so I figured a public place like that would be perfect. Anyways, he said I could bring some friend which I did and he brought along this guy named Shawn. So basically, I was technically for all purposes Aarons date… but I REALLY like Shawn. About ten times more then I like Aaron. They are both great guys, but Shawn is just one of those guys that makes me laugh and feel a bubbly and honestly that’s what I look for in a guy. I had a great time out with them, but after being home for a bit I really realize I’m way more drawn to Shawn. It was very clear he was trying to keep his distance to avoid stepping on Aarons toes, but I feel like I might have even a small chance if I were to hangout with him more. And honestly, I’m willing to go for that small chance because he seems like a really awesome guy.

So what do I do? Do I play nice and just not go for Shawn because I was technically Aarons date, or do I just go for Shawn regardless of that fact?

I never have issues like this so if you have any advice i would really apreciate it! Sorry that my grammar is lacking tonight. Thanks guy! I love your faces!

You're not Aaron's girlfriend, go for the person you like most! You're not going to find love by doing the "nice" thing, especially when it might be nice for Shawn if you ask him out. You owe Aaron nothing, who cares if you went on a date with him
I say you should be honest with Aaron.

I'm not sure how many days you've been on with this guy but if you're more to his friend more than him, you should tell him so.
Because if you were ever to actually be with Aaron, you're going to come into contact with Shawn on more than one occasion because they're friends and I'm very sure they hang out. And that might bring up even more emotion than it does now. It'll come to the point where you'd have to tell him anyway and it'll be even harder for him to let go than it would be now. And then drama would ensue and then you'd be that kind of person that people talk about.
Or even worse, you'll cheat on Aaron with his friend and that'll break his heart even more and then you might end up with neither of them. A date is not a contract, nor is it a promise. You can still let him go easy at this point, but you probably shouldn't mention it's because of his friend unless he's adamant on knowing; which then you'll just have to tell him in the kindest way possible.

Perhaps something like "You're a great guy, but you're just not the right guy for me, I'm sorry."
Might need to sit him down because this would be a semi-serious talk. Be firm about your decision and make sure he doesn't touch you if he still wants to be with you. I know it doesn't seem like a big thing, but touch very much can persuade a person. A simple hand on the shoulder/your hand can change your decision. Because it makes what he says more intimate and it'd make you not want to let go. A very strong psychological tactic like this should be avoided from him.
Life is too short to make excuses as to why you shouldnt go for a guy you like. However you may end up causing s**t between them if they are kinda douches about it. Go for Shawn, dont hide it from aaron though.

Dangerous Bloodsucker

It's not like you're official with Aaron. Go for Shawn. There's nothing stopping you and life isn't about doing what's "nice". It's to ******** short for that s**t. Be up front with Aaron about it, but don't let him stop you from going for the guy you really like!

Fashionable Sex Symbol

14,075 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
You went on a date with Aaron, not started a relationship. Let him know your intentions though, but do what your heart pleases. biggrin

Noob

I really hope Shawn is a real bro to Aaron.
go out with him then

Bunny

You went out with Aaron and it didn't work out, just be honest and say although he is nice, you weren't into him. If you like Shawn, go for Shawn.

Gracious Millionaire

9,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
sarbear397

Go out with Shawn. You're not Aaron's girlfriend or anything. I say give it a go.

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
I would just ask Shawn out. Dates aren't set in stone for "off limits" when you hit it off with someone else. Just be frank about it and don't hide it, be honest to Aaron.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff