Welcome to Gaia! ::

tell it to your pops

Hardcore Sex Symbol

12,575 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Ultimate Player 200
Talk to your parents about your feelings and consider counseling. You are too young to be thinking of ending your life now.
pardon me but for me its hard to give advice if i dont' know more but i'll tell you one thing. DON'T follow the advice of those who tell you to kill him BAD idea!!!!!! any way thats all i have to say have a nice day!!!
is there a therapist at your school you can speak with? he or she will have the best advice (far better than anyone on gaia or the net in general). and if your father is hurting you or your mother in any way, it's important to seek help.

don't let depression or any of this get in the way of you being a happy, young-person. life is too short!
heart
You don't HAVE to like your dad, you know.
Maeia
My life is messed up. I'm 12 and thinking suicidal thoughts. I hate my dad, I can't explain why, and I am thinking god-awful thoughts, like...

"I wish my mom would divorce him."
or, "I really wouldn't care if he died today."

I KNOW it's horrible, and I've tried to like him, but he's made my mom so sad along the years, and it's driving me crazy. He's the reason for most of my problems, and I can't shake it. Help?
Yeah, I'm going through the same thing right now except I'm 18, 19 this year and still trying to like my dad and slowly I am only because I have talked to him of how I feel and it is hard for him to change, but he is trying and we do progress in our relationship. Trust me, I had the hard of knox with this dad and had a really really bad relationship with him while I was growing up. I had those EXACT same thoughts running through my head.

But what sucks is that it also up to your dad if the wants to change too. My dad at first didn't and gave me hell, but later on he just had it with the crap I gave him too because of his behavior.

Talk to him about it and see. What I did to my dad was a 50/50 chance that he would even think about changing again. So think about why he's acting like this, consider the outcomes of both your behavior towards each other and think about yours too.

If not, I guess there's always counseling. Sorry that's all I can say.
Let them know how you feel.
I can kind of relate to you I hate my dad cause he used to hit me and my siblings. He used to be such a d**k to my mom and come home drunk all the time. I always wished they had gotten a divorce and still do and along my short life I have also wished my father dead. I can't stand him now and probably never will but he doesn't drink anymore and only lives with us on the weekends so we never talk any of us happy ending for me. But I can tell you it wont stay bad forever it will get better you just have to hang in there and make the best with what you have and be patient or if that doesn't work tell your mom how you feel and get some help. But if you want to talk more pm me.

hehe I'm 12 to sometimes they put restrictions if you give your real age and stuff so yea I lied lol.
that's normal...just do good in school...and get out as soon as you can
You're twelve and wanna kill yourself becuase of you dad? Kill your dad instaid.
that's bad don't think thoughts like that because if you acted on them you would also be killing all those who care about you! but try and talk to your mom about it if your close, or talk to someone else you trust with things like that
Tell your parents what's up and have a family meeting and y'all have to talk it out. Also, there's family counseling.

If there's a problem within your family, you shouldn't stay by and let it continue, do something about it.
Well i hate my dad too, but he by himself is not enough of a reason to make you feel like killing yourself. 12 you say? your hormons are probably going bonkers right now anyway, not to say that you don't actually feel like crap. If he bothers you so much then say something, and if he doens't like it then oh well. When you're 18 you can do whatever the hell you want. And you're only 12, it'll get better. You just have to try and deal with it for now. Everyone thinks about suicide at some point or another, it's pretty normal. But other than that, i think you're just angry at him for hurting your mom, so try to hang in there. Just let them know how you feel, even if they get mad and you argue, you'll probably feel better knowing at least you said something...
I'm going to suggest a good therapist ( they are quite hard to come by. I went through 14 in my 10 years of depression)One thing i can advise you not to do is to go see a psychologist...their pills make things worse in my expeirence ( i only went to 5 of those)
Trust me on this, growing up is harder than it seems. It is a rough ride but hold on, you will stand tall a better person at the end. Sucidal thoughts are pretty frequent when it comes to my age group and I myself have had more thoughts and plans then I wish to say. Telling myself to hold on barely works but I try regardless. I think the thing that is missing for me is a purpose. Find your purpose and holding on will be that much easier.

God, I can be cryptic or strange at times. sweatdrop Worse, saying this on the internet. xd All well, I have no regrets. There is my piece.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff