Welcome to Gaia! ::

I am so low right now.
I'm so stupid, and I've got nothing going for me.
My mom dislikes me living with her really.
I have no friends. (I do not make light of this. I have no online friends I can casually or intensely talk to, and I have no one in my physical life to talk to. I don't hang out with anyone, and I don't get to text or anything). I don't know how to make them anymore.

Sparkly Archenemy

Question: How bad do you want to change this?

If you do want to change this life, then you make it change. If you can't change it then try harder. I know this doesn't sound comforting, but this is how I seem to be. Fluffy comfort isn't my expertise.

If you need to depend on someone, depend on them, but don't overdo it. If you want to make friends, make them. Do whatever you can to make your life better.

You're 21 now, you can do it. You deserve the world.

What can death achieve right now? Nothing, but more deaths.

I've never had this kind of feeling, so feel free not to take this advice.

Demonic Lunatic

Okay I have a few Ideas that might help.. umm so Keep trying to get a job, that helps with the sense of purpose thing, try to get in touch with old friends, find some hobbies (one's that help you interact with other people would probably help the most but really anything to keep you occupied works), maybe go on walks and listen to music if you're the kind of person that gets hysterical cause that can calm you down.

anyway I hope some of this helps. Feel free to PM me anytime if you need someone to talk to smile
Amanda River
I am so low right now.
I have no friends. (I do not make light of this. I have no online friends I can casually or intensely talk to, and I have no one in my physical life to talk to. I don't hang out with anyone, and I don't get to text or anything). I don't know how to make them anymore.
I have no job. I've been trying a really long time.
I can't go to school. I've been trying a really long time.
I cannot drive, nor do I own a car. I have asked so many people, aunts, coworkers, mother, sisters. No one can do it.
Please, give me some advice, or a potential idea of how to move forward from this.
I'm 21, and get I still have many years.
But my god, what do I do.
What is life if this is it?
I can't stop crying, I am so miserable.
I want to die.
I want to end this misery.
I don't know how to save myself.
I want to do it myself. I don't want to depend on anyone trying to any more..

We need to help pick you up.
The pessimism only makes you see yourself and your life this way. It's a way of helping you reason with yourself when you feel hopeless, but it only further hurts you. This needs to be fixed, and it can be!
Parents can be very wishy-washy. It's possible they don't understand what's going on in its entirety.
Be my friend. I will be your friend. You can make one right now.
This is something I've struggled with. Persistence paid off (finally) even though it's only a min. wage job. I am in the same boat; no money or anything.
I have these and I am lucky to have them. Did you try the local busses?
I can do my best, and I would love to help in whatever way I can.
You are young, yet an adult. Lovely time, ain't it?
This is a good question that you can answer too! ^^
This is not it, and life can be a wonderful thing once the ball gets rolling. (I'm taking the other side of my usual 'life is s**t' theory because in all, that's just my cynical pessimism.
I can't cry. I hear it's a form of release. I'm sorry that it seems uncontrollable and that you're miserable for it.
I feel ya. You shouldn't though.
Same, but you can totally do that without dying.
I know you do, but it seems hopeless so your heart denies you it.
YUP. SUMS UP MY LIFE. Therapy is an excellent tool, and it can give you the tools you need to turn your life around. You can even do things on your own, such as exercise and meditation. They are great tools for helping with stress and negative emotions. Also, cutting out added sugars, processed foods, and fatty foods will help you feel much better. It's true! ^^

If you need someone to talk to, I can try to help. c:
Amanda River
I am so low right now.
I cannot drive, nor do I own a car. I have asked so many people, aunts, coworkers, mother, sisters. No one can do it.
Please, give me some advice, or a potential idea of how to move forward from this.
I want to die.

Honestly I was probably at the same point your at not long ago, honestly the best thing for you to do is work on one thing at a time. Try to keep a positive outlook on life, although i know it will be difficult. As for friends to talk to feel free to pm with any problems you have or if you just want to talk to some one.

Friendly Wolf

11,400 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
+1 Friend.

Any more room on the boat? I'm also 21, and am finding things a bit tricky too. Hello and nice to meet you.

As other Gaians have said, you aren't alone, and we tend to be a pretty friendly bunch. Do feel free to say hi smile

I also agree with r3ality3scap3 - take one thing at a time. Often, I find a plan of action helps. Build up goals, take small steps, and you'll soon find you've walked a mile!

I find sites such as Get Ye Done - which allows you to make yourself tasks and quests a good, positive resource. It gives you reward (exp in the case, I like to play games!) for completing goals.

I wish you the brightest future. Keep us updated!!
Thanks for sharing. You did not have to, but you did, and thats appreciated!

You are awesome! the mere fact that you reached out is a good step!

There is no set answer to this, my sister, but I think you are on the right path! Talk to people! reach out. Be honest about where you are! Keep doing what you are doing. Something tells me that you are going to be ok!
Amanda River
I am so low right now.
I want to die.
I inderstand this completely I was you a few months ago. I left my hometown and went to Another state to better myself. I have job now and enrolled in community college I'm learning how to drive. IM DOING IT !! smile and you can too I know you feel stuck, I felt stuck too don't be afraid to ask for help. Don't be afraid to talk to people. Just take little steps. Good luck I know your gonna be fine ^^

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75
I'm just a young teen, so I don't quite know if I can help too much, but I'll try.

But first the house: Move in with an aunt/uncle/cousin/grandparent you have good relations with. If you get along well with them and they allow you to, stay with them and offer to make your own meals while you're there too so they don't get annoyed about cooking for 2.

Second the job: If you can then move in, start looking for jobs that you are good at. Or something you will like. If it pays well and it's not something you will groan for hours on end about having to do, then take it if you can.

Third school: I don't know if this is a good plan, but work up a good credit score and then go for a student loan. Try to get scholarships to even a local community college. I don't know if it's the same in all states, but if you go 2 years within the state you live in, that state will pay however much of your tuition each year out of state.

And remember:
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image

tamtonica's Partner

Hygienic Bibliophile

8,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
Aw sweetie, no, that sucks, it really does and I understand that you want to give up. But you're still asking for advice, so you would like for things to be better and that's a good and very brave thing to do.

Your life looks really hopeless right now, but it wasn't always this bad, was it? Can you think back to a situation when life was better to you? What was different then?

Feel free to PM me, I don't want you suffering in silence.

Komitkid's Wife

I actually know exactly how you feel.
I've been going through the same thing for maybe 3 years now.
Except the having no friends part, i have friends but i dont really hang with them.
From what im understanding is that you want more indepence/purpose in your life?
I know how hard it can be to get a job because i've been there also.
Have you ever tried cocktail waitressing?
jobs working at a club is actually allot easier to get like for instance as a cashier at a store.
And you can actually make more money.
Seems to me that nobody is really helping you get on your feet (same problem i had and its HARD without any help or guideness).
I will tell you the first step, is making money. Getting a job and SAVING.
i know it sucks. but money is needed for everything.
insurance, to get a lisence, to get a car, to move out, to go to school.

Do you have any good clubs in your area?
I know around here they are always hiring waitresses/shooters and are actually in need of them.
My best advice is to go in IN PERSON, and apply for a waitressing job.
When i did shooters i made about 100$ a night on average.
That would cheer anybody up.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces