Welcome to Gaia! ::

First of all, you're not that tall. I'm 5,8 ft. tall, and I wear heels all the time. Why should I care? Most of the top models and actresses are much taller than me! And I'm not such of a dancer either. But hey, slow dancing IS easy, and you can just have fun and don't dance at all. If you really wanna dance, watch some television programs or movies where they dance (or something like that sweatdrop ). Just tapping your foot on the ground is a start. Follow the rythm of the music. Just let yourself go, don't worry about a thing. Good luck, I'm sure you'll do/look great at the dance.
shoujoka
All that shopping FINALLY paid off.

I'm so excited. I went to DEB and got a mod homecoming dress, long, black and red, not shimmery for SIXTY DOLLARS. SIXTY DAMN DOLLARS!!! What a bargain. It's amazing.

I look so hot. >;>

Anyway, I'm sorry I'm just so excited. I probably sound like some ditz. ;.; I expect to be flamed, that's what excitement gets online these days. Flame away, but still help me.

I'm tall, about 5'6 and I don't want shoes that'll make me look taller. ;.; I also don't know what the crap kind of jewelry I'm going to wear. But that's not my problem is..

I don't know how to dance. I'm so nervous everyone at my new school's going to make fun of me, because I don't know how to dance AT ALL.

What am I going to do?

I sound spastic. XD

~Shoujoka

I'm excited for homecoming, too! I'm going dress shopping this weekend. I have so many things planned. I'll go to the tanning bed three times in the one-and-a-half weeks leading up to homecoming, get my hair, nails and makeup done the night of homecoming, go with my group and have a great time.

It's ok to not know how to dance, I bet you 70% of the people who will be there are in the same boat as you. As for the shoe issue, try some kitten heels. They won't add much height but they are still pretty stylish.
shoujoka
All that shopping FINALLY paid off.

I'm so excited. I went to DEB and got a mod homecoming dress, long, black and red, not shimmery for SIXTY DOLLARS. SIXTY DAMN DOLLARS!!! What a bargain. It's amazing.

I look so hot. >;>

Anyway, I'm sorry I'm just so excited. I probably sound like some ditz. ;.; I expect to be flamed, that's what excitement gets online these days. Flame away, but still help me.

I'm tall, about 5'6 and I don't want shoes that'll make me look taller. ;.; I also don't know what the crap kind of jewelry I'm going to wear. But that's not my problem is..

I don't know how to dance. I'm so nervous everyone at my new school's going to make fun of me, because I don't know how to dance AT ALL.

What am I going to do?

I sound spastic. XD

~Shoujoka

My advice? Wow, you want my advice? Acourse you dont, but im giving it anyways. Hmm, let's go with this. Don't dance if you can't dance, and if you wanna, then just shut your mouth and dance. Nowadays anyone can dance. Hell, just jump up and down or move your arms about stupidly if its a fast song; or move your feet back and fourth if youre dancing with a guy and its slow. It's not the 40's anymore. Theres no longer any such thing as dancing. So dance or dont dance, but seriously, no one cares.
And as for being tall? Only shallow people care. If someone looks at you and says "Hey, they're too tall. Loser." do the world a favor and kill them. All the shallow people of the world deserve and shall be shot. Or possibly dealt with the "NNY" way. Hell yes. Anywho, really, if someone doesnt like you because you're "too tall" then it shouldnt matter. You dont want to be friends with snobby bitchy little assholes, now do you eh?
No, of course not.
Well that's my advice. Not that You like it anyways.
Don't try too much of freaky swing dancing, espically if you're wearing a long dress. Well.. I wouldn't o.o

But then again, I don't dance or go to parties.. XD

Anyhoo! About the tallness.. 5'6 IS NOT TALL. Unless you're partying with munchkins!!

I'm 5'9, and I never wear platform shoes to school, but if I was dragged out, I do wear shoes that are like.. 1.5 inches higher.

So, I'm sorry, but I have no sympathy for you in that department.

But if you want to learn to party dance, just turn on some music and dance around. Or go there, walk around a bit, see how other people are dancing, and have fun!

And don't feel self-conscious about your height. But if you feel really bad, buy only 1 inch shoes or something. BUT DON'T WORRY AND HAVE FUN!!
heart

I love you guys.

I really do.

I just got back from my retreat today and it was so much fun, I realized if I can relax this much beating up my friends with a pool noodle and scarfing sardines (don’t ask) then why would a dance be hard?

XD You guys really helped me relax, I guess you always have the jitters when you’re doing something for the first time. It’s worse when my first ever dance is as a sophomore.

Anyway, I’m going shopping for jewelry Wednesday after cheerleading and tae kwan do so it’s going to be enjoyable. I thought I’d just take the dress, put it on, go into a jewelry store and try on everything. I’d look like such an idiot but it’s all good. XD

Anyway, I’m SO procrastinating on my English assignment. I was the idiot who took all Honors classes this year and I realized something: HONORS is an acronym for HOmework = NO Real Social Life. Dang that was hard to type out with the HTML. ^^;;

Anyway, ja ne guys! I’m off to face my homework. I decided to be a dork and print out all your replies. ^^;;; It’s going to help me bundles at the mall and on the dance floor.

And, btw, to all you guys telling me that I’m not tall and that guy was shallow – He was. Turns out he was insecure about his own shortness and took it out on me.

BWAHAHA! Take THAT shallow people!

~Shoujoka
First of all, you should try dancing. I went to senior prom last May having had only one dance lesson from my bf Mike, and I danced anyway, and not just slow dancing, but bumping and grinding as well. I did the best with what I had. Learn from that.

Second, you're not that tall. Most of my friends are that tall or more so. I myself am only 5'3.

Third, the dress sounds really pretty. Good luck and have fun!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff