Welcome to Gaia! ::

Okay, so there's this cute guy where I work. I'd like to actually talk to him one day and get to know him, but I'd feel awkward because it's the whole work place thing. I've pretty much spoke to and gotten comfortable with all my other coworkers, I started this job almost two months ago...but obviously I'd find it difficult to speak with him because I have a crush on him...and I don't want to say anything weird or stupid sweatdrop

There isn't any policies against coworkers dating or anything, besides I've seen other coworkers flirt with one another before, it's a laid back place...I just have no Idea how to approach this guy...any suggestions??
Don't get involved with a coworker, those scenarios always end messily.

But if you really want to go for it, you approach him like you would anyone else. Say 'hi', casually ask him how his day is going or about his interests, tell him you've already introduced yourself to the other coworkers and he's the only person you haven't had the pleasure of actually meeting yet. It's hard to sound awkward or stupid as long as you're keeping the conversation casual.

Kitten

11,600 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
Free Organs
Okay, so there's this cute guy where I work. I'd like to actually talk to him one day and get to know him, but I'd feel awkward because it's the whole work place thing. I've pretty much spoke to and gotten comfortable with all my other coworkers, I started this job almost two months ago...but obviously I'd find it difficult to speak with him because I have a crush on him...and I don't want to say anything weird or stupid sweatdrop

There isn't any policies against coworkers dating or anything, besides I've seen other coworkers flirt with one another before, it's a laid back place...I just have no Idea how to approach this guy...any suggestions??

It could get messy an awkward if things didnt work out but!

Go ahead and just say hello, how are you doing today? Would you like to go to tea/coffee sometime with me? You can work it anyway you like biggrin

Hope i helped

<3 Pandie
yum_puddi yum_puddi
Thanks for the advice thus far! I don't plan on staying at this place very long actually, I'm currently looking for another job, so if things didn't work out, at least I wouldn't have to be stuck there and have that awkward-ness to look forward.

Either way, I don't want to set myself up for something that could end badly, so I don't see the harm in keeping things casual and becoming friends.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff