Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tasty Titan

14,200 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Waffles! 25
He recently broke up with a girl he was with over the past year.
I didn't know the details until a couple days ago that they broke up because she wasn't ready to be a parent and it devastated my daughter to the point where she feels like it's her fault. It broke my heart to hear her say this to me.
He jumped into a fling with a girl he knows I do not want around our child,but has since been out of the picture.
Today I find out he's seeing another girl and my daughter is currently with him since it's his time with her.
I'm really concerned about my child's well being since she was hurt just a week ago by his now ex.
How should i bring this up to him without him thinking I'm doing this to hurt him.

Tipsy Prophet

I would bring up the one thing about his ex. Tell him that your daughter believes it is her fault and he needs to have an age-appropriate talk with her about why the ex left. Hopefully, seeing how his relationships affect her will help him to be a little selective about how and when he brings new people in to her life.

Questionable Prophet

I would make sure he knows that the previous relationship did affect his daughter, and try to explain to him that you'd prefer your daughter not constantly see women going in and out of his life because he needs to model a healthy adult relationship and all that jazz.

Witty Phantom

7,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Yudoku Shinfoni
He recently broke up with a girl he was with over the past year.
I didn't know the details until a couple days ago that they broke up because she wasn't ready to be a parent and it devastated my daughter to the point where she feels like it's her fault. It broke my heart to hear her say this to me.
He jumped into a fling with a girl he knows I do not want around our child,but has since been out of the picture.
Today I find out he's seeing another girl and my daughter is currently with him since it's his time with her.
I'm really concerned about my child's well being since she was hurt just a week ago by his now ex.
How should i bring this up to him without him thinking I'm doing this to hurt him.

Call him out on it. You can start with "You can do what you want, and I don't want to tell you how to live your life, but you need to stop getting our daughter involved because your actions in her presence ARE HURTING HER. *insert details here*"

This is your daughter. ******** his feelings. Lay the truth down

Kitten

I think that way your daughter feels needs to be brought to her dad's attention that way he can talk to her about it and maybe help get rid of some of how she feels.

But I don't think you need to bring how the currents of his love life. You might not like how he's working it, but it isn't any of your business unless there actually is real problems between his partner and your daughter. Sure she might get attached and be hurt when they're out of the picture.. But that's just something that you're both going to help her understand.

Bashful Bookworm

You should have a talk with him and definitely bring up how your daughter feels about the ex leaving.
What kind of schedule do you have as his time and your time? Is it one week on one week off?

I think not bringing any s/os around your daughter until it's become an established healthy relationship would be best for everyone.
He should be able to tell these women that he doesn't want his daughter to meet them until further into their relationship.

Blessed Codger

Stephnananana

You should have a talk with him and definitely bring up how your daughter feels about the ex leaving.
What kind of schedule do you have as his time and your time? Is it one week on one week off?

I think not bringing any s/os around your daughter until it's become an established healthy relationship would be best for everyone.
He should be able to tell these women that he doesn't want his daughter to meet them until further into their relationship.

This. It is 100% possible for him to avoid bringing an SO around your child if he wants to make an effort to do so. It's one thing for him to be reckless in his own relationships, but inflicting those decisions on your child is senseless.

I would just broach the subject gently and explain that to him. He may be able to handle a breakup without problems, but he's a grown man.

I wish you the best!!

II Earl Grey II's Darling

I say have a talk..... You need to make sure he sees the damage all the females are causing the child and ask him to keep them out of her life untill he is ready and the girl is ready to commit to something more permanent.
stop having kids and breaking up with the kids parent! jeez

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces