Welcome to Gaia! ::

Heart Explorer

6,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
There is no kind of support I have access to. No counseling, no friends and my family is being abusive. I am over 18. No money. Very high unemployment rate in the small town I live. I can't move because of financial reasons.

I just need someone to talk to. My self esteem is critically low right now and I have no one to talk to. I am living with my fiance and my parents. My father is unemployed and sometimes drinks and is violent. My mother is emotionally and verbally abusive. My fiance was also abused as a child by his father. At 20 years old he was not allowed to own a phone, he was beaten, not allowed to have access to the internet or have a girlfriend. After he met me his parents kicked him out several times. He wanted to leave them behind and that's how he moved here. He needed a place to start over. The problem is, he is sometimes behaving like his abusive father towards me.

I have 3 years of school ahead of me that I have to finish. If I want to finish it, I have to stay here. It's not always bad. We have good moments too. My fiance does not have money for therapy right now but he is aware of his toxic behavior and is trying to keep it at bay. My mother is on various pills, anti depressive, anti anxiety and she was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis but not advanced. I know all in all it sounds pretty horrible, but it's manageable. I love both my mother and my fiance, they are very important to me and we have great moments. The problem is, sometimes, my mother's depressive behavior coincides with my fiance's emotionally abusive behavior. When this happens, I feel helpless. They both tend to be very mean to me. Blame me. Accuse me. Insult me. Etc.

I also have health problems because of the stress I went through dealing with my fiance's family, my family, my school and work and my fiance in the past 2 years. I developed poly cystic ovaries syndrome, generalized anxiety and frequent panic attacks, depression and also irritable bowel syndrome. I see a doctor often but all of this being stress related it has only one solution: dealing with stress and lowering it.

This is one of the moments I could really use a person to talk to. I lost most of my friends because of neglect. I had no time or energy for my social life. I moved about 10 times in 3 months, including moving to another country and then coming back. My only friends are my mother and my fiance, but you see how that doesn't work out right now. I feel helpless and alone and I feel worthless. I do not have suicidal thoughts. I am full of hope and I usually manage to stay positive. I know that slowly I will come out of the depression I've been through in the past few months but having no support group is hard.

Thank you for reading and I apologize if it was too long, or confusing.

Kitanijuro's Wife

Dapper Conversationalist

9,025 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Overstocked 200
You skinny thing
Thank you for reading and I apologize if it was too long, or confusing.

I would like to start off by saying that I am glad to meet you, but sorry about the circumstance.
I understand how you're feeling, and I also understand optimistic depression, which does exist. It's when you understand that life will get better, but there's a piece of you inside that still feels unbelievably broken, and other people would never guess just how much you're hurting. Believe me when I tell you that this is an indication that you are a very selfless person, and that isn't a bad thing at all.It's okay to lose hope sometimes, and it's perfectly normal to need someone to talk to and relate to. Validating your feelings is an important part of your happiness.
However, I can't just carry on about the positive actions, I can see a lot of dysfunction, and a lot of future problems in your situation.
I can understand that you're stuck, and a lot of younger people (especially women) find themselves in similar situations. Personally, I believe what you need is to become your own support system. A lot of younger people have issues liking themselves, because they haven't taken the time to fully get to know and understand themselves. Do you know yourself? I'd take some time, go for a long walk and think about how you feel without and regard to how anyone else feels. Believe it or not, being selfish is a very good thing in moderation. You need to find things about yourself that you like, that way when your family becomes abusive, their words slide off like they were never said. It may seem like it won't work, but the more you love yourself, the less it matters if anyone else likes you at all. You have you, and in the very end, that is all you will have, so be good to yourself.
- Laeo Rinku

Demonic Lunatic

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to talk.
I'm not sure how much advice I can give you with your exact situation, but i do know a bit about deppression. Anyway, if you ever need to vent or chat to get your mind off things, send me a message smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff