Welcome to Gaia! ::

Well...my boyfriend and I have been going out for about a week now and I think I'm starting to have alot of self esteem issues. He's probably the most handsome guy I've ever seen/been with. To myself, I'm ugly, fat, etc...I know he's dated alot of hot/beautiful girls and it's really starting to get to me. Everytime I'm on the phone or around him I get kinda teary because I don't think I meet his standards of a girlfriend. I've asked him of what he thinks of me, and he says I'm perfect. But to me, I'm nothing close to it. I really don't want our relationship to end like my others, because of lies. I'm not saying he's lying but, I don't know. I've been weary about boys lately...and thier shallow minds crying (**No offense**) I really don't know what to do, I can't stop thinking about it. Everytime I watch T.V., I see all these beautiful people...and I just can't help but cry because I can't be one of them. It's really getting to my head, I can't take it anymore. There's this feeling that is urging me to break up with him because I'm nothing compared to him. I love him though...I just...can't deal with all this media and how I want perfection. Can anyone give me any advice on what to do? Should I be happy because he loves me how I am? Or should I try to perfect myself to be atleast worth being with him?

------Update!!!!------

Okay, I just got off of the phone with my boyfriend, what he told me...smashed my heart into little tiny pieces. He confessed that yesterday, his ex-girlfriend came over and like wanted to talk to him. One thing lead to another and they started making out. When I heard that, I didn't know what to do. My whole world just crumbled. He said he would NEVER cheat on me, or do anything like that. I don't know what to do. He says he's really sorry and asked if I was going to break up with him. His apology didn't seem really sincere to me. Should I break it off between me and him? Or should I give him another chance....?

------Meep?------

Last night, I couldn't sleep till like 5 in the morning. I couldn't get him out of my head. My mind kept thinking '******** that whore who did that to him...' I was wishing she would die, I hate her. And I'm still VERY mad at him for what he did. He called me today, and we didn't really talk much because my bro needed the phone. He was asking if I was still mad at him, I just said 'I don't know'. I don't know if I should trust him. He did confess though, which I'm really happy about. But then again, I don't know if that's a sign if he wants to break up with me. I really, really love him...but apart of me just won't let that happen.

------<3------

I LOVE HIM!!! <33
Hun, if hes going out whith you then it doesnt matter what you look like, he likes you for you. And if you dont like your weight then you can go on a diet and do some jogging and work out. Dont worry about what you look like, just develope a good personality and be the best girlfriend you can be.
don't try to change yourself because you think he likes different girls. unless he's showing you anything different from what he's telling you, you should try to trust him. occasionally i feel the same way with my boyfriend. it's frustrating for him, because he's an honest person. his relationship with me is completely different from any other relationship he's had previously. and i believe him about that...but it is difficult to put my own insecurities aside. we've been together for almost a year, now. you've only had a week; i think you need to give it a little time to settle.

but if all else fails and he shows that he doesn't really love you for the person you are, it's not worth the time and tears for you to change.
Wretched Tonberry
Hun, if hes going out whith you then it doesnt matter what you look like, he you for you. And if you dont like your weight then you can go on a diet and do some jogging and work out. Dont worry about what you look like, just develope a good personality and be the best girlfriend you can be.

I've been working out a bit, (Doing sit-ups, push ups, crunches, and the easy stuff) But I feel like...I need to do more for myself. He's a skater so he's pretty skinny and tall. I just feel...odd when I'm around him. But you're right, I should be the best girlfriend I can be heart
Forsaken Myth
Well...my boyfriend and I have been going out for about a week now and I think I'm starting to have alot of self esteem issues. He's probably the most handsome guy I've ever seen/been with. To myself, I'm ugly, fat, etc...I know he's dated alot of hot/beautiful girls and it's really starting to get to me. Everytime I'm on the phone or around him I get kinda teary because I don't think I meet his standards of a girlfriend. I've asked him of what he thinks of me, and he says I'm perfect. But to me, I'm nothing close to it. I really don't want our relationship to end like my others, because of lies. I'm not saying he's lying but, I don't know. I've been weary about boys lately...and thier shallow minds crying (**No offense**) I really don't know what to do, I can't stop thinking about it. Everytime I watch T.V., I see all these beautiful people...and I just can't help but cry because I can't be one of them. It's really getting to my head, I can't take it anymore. There's this feeling that is urging me to break up with him because I'm nothing compared to him. I love him though...I just...can't deal with all this media and how I want perfection. Can anyone give me any advice on what to do? Should I be happy because he loves me how I am? Or should I try to perfect myself to be atleast worth being with him?

dont worry urself so much, if he says ur perfect then go with it, how are u going to enjoy ur relationship if u cant stop worrying about it
Let me tell you if he is happy with you just leave it. I am a bigger person too and i am kind of seeing some one who is skinny and beautiful, we still like eachother. Looks are not everything and you should not let them be.
I know how you feel. The media ruins us all. He obviously loves you for who you are, not what you look like. I was obsessed with what I looked like.. but then I realized. Are all the beautiful people happy? No, they're not. Look abuse, etc. at celebrities, marriages NEVER work for them, they often go through drug abuse, etc. They're never happy, and most of them never find true love. Outer beauty doesn't matter. If you skin deep perfection aside, and worry more about inner perfection, you'll find love, and be happy. You want a guy who loves you for you, not what you look like. If you find someone who TRULY loves you, he's not going to care how you look.
Forsaken Myth
Wretched Tonberry
Hun, if hes going out whith you then it doesnt matter what you look like, he you for you. And if you dont like your weight then you can go on a diet and do some jogging and work out. Dont worry about what you look like, just develope a good personality and be the best girlfriend you can be.

I've been working out a bit, (Doing sit-ups, push ups, crunches, and the easy stuff) But I feel like...I need to do more for myself. He's a skater so he's pretty skinny and tall. I just feel...odd when I'm around him. But you're right, I should be the best girlfriend I can be heart
Thats the spirit!! heart Good luck. ^_^
Also another thing I forgot to add. Not to sterotype, but he's gone out with alot of 'preps' and I'm like...TOTALLY different from them, and I don't know if he cares if I dress/act/look like.
Forsaken Myth
Also another thing I forgot to add. Not to sterotype, but he's gone out with alot of 'preps' and I'm like...TOTALLY different from them, and I don't know if he cares if I dress/act/look like.
Stop worrying about that stuff, if he didnt want to go out with you he wouldnt, so just relax and enjoy the relationship. heart
I'm starting to feel a bit better now. I love him with all my heart, he's like everything I've wanted. I really hope our relationship will last a long time. ^_^ heart
I got dumped yesterday after almost 7 months. I know what you're going through right now. Just PM me and we can cry on another's shoulder. wink
I think you should be happy that you found a guy who likes you for who you are and that knows that it doesnt matter how you look like on the outside... 3nodding
WolfTailReniku
I think you should be happy that you found a guy who likes you for who you are and that knows that it doesnt matter how you look like on the outside... 3nodding

My thoughts exactly. I've only had one relationship in my life...and getting your heart broken sucks the big one. So just be happy! ^_^

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Sweety, he loves you, he finds you attractive. Do you have any reason to doubt his words? Its wonderful that youve found a guy who loves you for who you are, you shouldnt doubt your self esteeme. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff