Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bashful Bear

I don't know how to really describe it. But to put it short, I feel that life for me has become pretty much meaningless. I know it's probably, most likely, my depression making me feel this way. I just feel doing everyday things, and socializing with people is just leading to nowhere. I mean no one is immortal.

Why are we even here? What's the point of doing anything? What's the point of loving? What's the point of making the world a better place? We all die right? Everything happens for a reason right?

I just feel a void in the pit of my stomach. A void of true emotions, such as happiness and joy. What's the reason that we exist? What's the reason for there being a whole universe and unknown universes ahead? Who cares if we can live on mars? We're all just slowly deteriorating everyday, every second we inhale and exhale. I know why I'm born and how I'm born. That's not my problem... My problem is why should I care? Why should anyone care about anything?

It seems I've lost touch of everything. Including myself. I don't even know why I'm telling strangers this. I guess cause I'm desperately trying to find an answer that I know no one can answer for a fact. It seems the more I stay in my room alone. The more I think such things... Don't worry though. I'm not going to hurt myself or anything. Even if no one reads this then that's fine. I just need to get this off my chest and out of my mind.

Adventuring Hunter

Flatass Potato
I don't know how to really describe it. But to put it short, I feel that life for me has become pretty much meaningless. I know it's probably, most likely, my depression making me feel this way. I just feel doing everyday things, and socializing with people is just leading to nowhere. I mean no one is immortal.

Why are we even here? What's the point of doing anything? What's the point of loving? What's the point of making the world a better place? We all die right? Everything happens for a reason right?

I just feel a void in the pit of my stomach. A void of true emotions, such as happiness and joy. What's the reason that we exist? What's the reason for there being a whole universe and unknown universes ahead? Who cares if we can live on mars? We're all just slowly deteriorating everyday, every second we inhale and exhale. I know why I'm born and how I'm born. That's not my problem... My problem is why should I care? Why should anyone care about anything?

It seems I've lost touch of everything. Including myself. I don't even know why I'm telling strangers this. I guess cause I'm desperately trying to find an answer that I know no one can answer for a fact. It seems the more I stay in my room alone. The more I think such things... Don't worry though. I'm not going to hurt myself or anything. Even if no one reads this then that's fine. I just need to get this off my chest and out of my mind.

Dont worry i feel that way every day dont be sad we have each other <3

Dapper Raider

you're losing grasp on life, that's too early for you young lady.
At some point, everyone feels your pain that you are experiencing right now. I get panic attacks and depression easily. You could try meds, or talk to a licensed therapist or even us ! I believe everything happens for a reason and yes, we all die; it's an natural process. The other questions are for you to soul search yourself.

We all should be gentle and caring to others, simply because we are all fighting silent battles within ourselves.

I hope you find peace and love in your life. *hugs*

Bashful Bear

BeatTrixs
Flatass Potato

Dont worry i feel that way every day dont be sad we have each other <3

Thank you. That means a lot to know I'm not in this alone emotion_hug

Bashful Bear

Every Villain ls Lemons
you're losing grasp on life, that's too early for you young lady.

Yea... I know.

Bashful Bear

KayJane
At some point, everyone feels your pain that you are experiencing right now. I get panic attacks and depression easily. You could try meds, or talk to a licensed therapist or even us ! I believe everything happens for a reason and yes, we all die; it's an natural process. The other questions are for you to soul search yourself.

We all should be gentle and caring to others, simply because we are all fighting silent battles within ourselves.

I hope you find peace and love in your life. *hugs*

I already take meds... My body is use to it now. I haven't had time to see my therapists lately. Yea I just feel so lost. But thank you for caring enough to respond. I really appreciate that.
Thank you, and I also hope you live a peaceful and stress free life. Thanks again for your time. emotion_hug

Metalmouth420's Husband

Timid Gekko

Sounds like an existential crisis. If you think it might be something that interests you, you can look into the Seth books by Jane Roberts. Seth Speaks is the first one...the second is called the Nature of Personal Reality. Both can be found online as free pdf files. They make me feel better during those kinds of times..sometimes..lol. If you ever want a friend, I'm open to PM's. heart Can't promise great advice but I'm an ear and I will reply.

Timid Star

11,075 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Timid 100
You're definitely not the only one who feels that way. I think about it constantly. My dad's advice did help me though... He said to ignore what society calls a "normal lifestyle" and live however you want. I used to get upset because I'm disabled and can't work like other people, might not be able to have kids like other people, etc... But since dad told me it's okay to have a different life for myself than what others would consider "acceptable", I've felt better. The point is to make yourself happy no matter what you choose to do. I mean I still think about how there's really no point to being alive -- it's not like anything we do here will matter once we're gone -- but knowing that there really isn't a solid answer to "how should I live my life?" makes things a lot easier for me.

I agree with you though. I'd basically just rather get life over with now instead of dragging on for another 40-50 years or whatever (if I even live that long) because life is boooooring.

Moonlight Healer

It's okay, you're not alone. A ton of people feel that way at times, especially when things in life go wrong and it's difficult to not feel hopeless. I've felt that way too. But honestly, life really is a blessing. Where we are now is something that has taken billions of years to evolve and grow into, under just the right combination of circumstances, and even still continues to flourish. Even though there is a lot of bad in the world, and even though it can be cruel, those moments where we do feel happy and content are still beautiful. Why not just give up and stop trying? Well, even if we all die eventually, shouldn't we make the most of the time we do have? Shouldn't we try to feel happy and get the most out of life that we possibly can? People try and make the world a better place so when life continues on after them, it can move toward better things and people can live even happier lives than they did. I don't think just because we die it makes our experiences irrelevant. You're still going through them every day and they're very real to you, are they not? Just my opinion on things.

Bashful Bear

Little Ewok
Sounds like an existential crisis. If you think it might be something that interests you, you can look into the Seth books by Jane Roberts. Seth Speaks is the first one...the second is called the Nature of Personal Reality. Both can be found online as free pdf files. They make me feel better during those kinds of times..sometimes..lol. If you ever want a friend, I'm open to PM's. heart Can't promise great advice but I'm an ear and I will reply.

Thanks so much for the advice. I read the 1st chapter of Seth Speaks. And I think I will continue to read the rest of it. And it did make me feel a bit better. Thank you heart

Bashful Bear

Lost Icyis
It's okay, you're not alone. A ton of people feel that way at times, especially when things in life go wrong and it's difficult to not feel hopeless. I've felt that way too. But honestly, life really is a blessing. Where we are now is something that has taken billions of years to evolve and grow into, under just the right combination of circumstances, and even still continues to flourish. Even though there is a lot of bad in the world, and even though it can be cruel, those moments where we do feel happy and content are still beautiful. Why not just give up and stop trying? Well, even if we all die eventually, shouldn't we make the most of the time we do have? Shouldn't we try to feel happy and get the most out of life that we possibly can? People try and make the world a better place so when life continues on after them, it can move toward better things and people can live even happier lives than they did. I don't think just because we die it makes our experiences irrelevant. You're still going through them every day and they're very real to you, are they not? Just my opinion on things.

Wow powerful words. Really made me rethink things. I know life may seem impossible for me right now. But I know it won't always be this way. As long as I don't give up, then i'll be ok. Because deep down inside I still have hope... in myself and humanity. Though I may not admit it. I haven't completely given up on this world. You and others helped remind me why the world is not as bad as it seems. Thank you.

Bashful Bear

Jazz the Fighter
You're definitely not the only one who feels that way. I think about it constantly. My dad's advice did help me though... He said to ignore what society calls a "normal lifestyle" and live however you want. I used to get upset because I'm disabled and can't work like other people, might not be able to have kids like other people, etc... But since dad told me it's okay to have a different life for myself than what others would consider "acceptable", I've felt better. The point is to make yourself happy no matter what you choose to do. I mean I still think about how there's really no point to being alive -- it's not like anything we do here will matter once we're gone -- but knowing that there really isn't a solid answer to "how should I live my life?" makes things a lot easier for me.

I agree with you though. I'd basically just rather get life over with now instead of dragging on for another 40-50 years or whatever (if I even live that long) because life is boooooring.

Yea. I'm just taking baby steps right now. And I'm lucky to have a mom so understanding.
And I'm glad you found something to make you truly happy. And your dad sounds like a very caring father. Thank you.
Used to feel like that. Still do in fact but instead of dwelling on the pointlessness of life, I learned (after several years of depression I might add) to embrace it. I reason with myself that everything is a bit pointless and nothing any of us do will really make a difference in the big picture so it's ultimately pointless fussing over it and that I might as well enjoy myself while I'm here.

Don't get me wrong, there's still a sense of emptiness. I still find it hard to be affected emotionally by things; good or bad but I find myself a lot happier than I was only a few years ago.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff