Welcome to Gaia! ::

I've posted here some before about my problems... they aren't as bad as this though...

I just have no explanation. I feel so empty. So scared. So useless. Like everything around me is gonna die eventually... so w/e... like nothing excites me anymore either... college? Nope. New job? Nah... Money? Eh...

I just need and want to find a way to overcome this...

Interesting Phantom

I'm here for you. Do you have a hunch of what you're lacking to feel like this? Human connections, friends, a romantic relationship? Or you want a general meaning and purpose to live?
Frantic Search
I'm here for you. Do you have a hunch of what you're lacking to feel like this? Human connections, friends, a romantic relationship? Or you want a general meaning and purpose to live?

It's more like it's just been a feeling that's been growing and growing since maybe... 9th grade? I'm scared of time and I'm scared of people dying around me... Time is so short. I mean I used to be so happy but now... I'm just... not.

Interesting Phantom

buttload
Frantic Search

It's more like it's just been a feeling that's been growing and growing since maybe... 9th grade? I'm scared of time and I'm scared of people dying around me... Time is so short. I mean I used to be so happy but now... I'm just... not.

Is it because of something that has happened, or is it just a random feeling?

Life is short but you can make the best out of the time you spend with others. It's natural. Everyone dies at some point. I find it easier to accept death if I keep in touch with my spirituality (doesn't even have to be religious). What are you afraid of if people around you die?

Visiting Star

It sounds like there is a deeper cause of why you are feeling this way...Do you remember anything traumatic or 'something' that might have kind of shocked you or made you feel numb? You don't have to answer that if you don't want to if it is too personal, but I want you to know, I went through that same feeling for a year and I struggle with it here and there sometimes now. I was just empty, barely ate, didn't care about anything, didn't really keep up my appearance, just didn't feel. I just want you to know, it doesn't last forever and you are not alone out there. Maybe you are in the wrong place in your life or your emotions and actions have just been set on repeat that you just have become numb to everything. Try something new if you can or go out of town to take a breather and do something exciting to help spark new interests in your life. Do something for yourself first. If you can in the future with your new job, schedule some time off to recollect yourself and get away. I would say seek help, but I don't want to offend you if you do not want help, but that is what you might have to do to take that step forward. I truly do hope it all gets better and remember, that feeling does not last forever.
Might as well enjoy it then while you're here.
Frantic Search
buttload
Frantic Search

Is it because of something that has happened, or is it just a random feeling?

Life is short but you can make the best out of the time you spend with others. It's natural. Everyone dies at some point. I find it easier to accept death if I keep in touch with my spirituality (doesn't even have to be religious). What are you afraid of if people around you die?

I fear being alone and never seeing them again... I don't know what I'd do without them. My girlfriend isn't able to get to a doctor for her condition and my mother is sick as well...

Interesting Phantom

buttload

I fear being alone and never seeing them again... I don't know what I'd do without them. My girlfriend isn't able to get to a doctor for her condition and my mother is sick as well...

Oh, I'm sorry about that.

Have you tried bringing it up with them? Just say something like, "I'm worried about what would happen if the worst happened." I think being honest with them will bring you a lot more peace.

And maybe you can do some research to ask people who know ways of getting medical care without much money?
I know this feeling all too much. In fact, I see my end occurring within the next three years. Personally, my lack of will to live all came about from actual depression, and lack of a romantic relationship when I so desperately want one.

Anyways, your struggle to continue wanting to live seems to come from losing everyone who you hold dear to your heart. Unfortunately, I don't have any truly effective advice towards coping with that fear, as I, to a mild degree, have the same fear of losing everyone I love. This advice won't help you in the long run if you know these people have only a few weeks/months left to live... But for the sake of you and those you care about, I strongly urge you to be there for those people you care about most. If a family member/friend close to me were on borrowed time, I'd spend every moment I possibly could with them until the end. Despite the additional emotional heartache following the death of a friend/family member likely pushing me closer to my own end, I would at least have peace of mind knowing I was there for him/her right 'til the very end and that there were pleasant memories along the way.
I'm really sorry this wasn't a very positive reply, but my will to live is fading as well and I thought a relatable reply would be more relevant to the subject of your struggles than the one-size-fits-all "seek therapy/medication" cookie-cutter solution.
Been there before and loneliness is my greatest fear. The best thing you can do is not finding something to live for but people. When you try living for yourself it doesn't get anywhere, but for the people who care about you? Its different. Think hard about the people who love you and want you in their lives and live for them, after a while, you might not feel so empty anymore

Dedicated Gaian

12,725 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
buttload
I've posted here some before about my problems... they aren't as bad as this though...

I just have no explanation. I feel so empty. So scared. So useless. Like everything around me is gonna die eventually... so w/e... like nothing excites me anymore either... college? Nope. New job? Nah... Money? Eh...

I just need and want to find a way to overcome this...

Are you down all the time/depressed?
Lack of activities that you once liked but now find hard to do it is a symptom of depression. Have you recently had a severe problem of any kind? How long have you been feeling this way? Are you thinking of death or harm or harming anyone else(including taking your own life such as suicide)? Do you find joy in anything anymore?

I ask these questions to try to understand the full extent and do my best to help you. One thing, you are not alone in this. Many people feel this way at some point in time. I just need more information.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff