Welcome to Gaia! ::

Theres this boy that I like, we'll call him Joe. For the past year or so, Joe and I have been aquaintences, and lately we've been friends. He's always been really flirty with me, saying things like "im in love with your eyes", or having me sit on his lap during lunch.

Now, you would generally think that he digs me, right?

NOPE.

I saw him today and when we said goodbye, his face was really close to mine so I gave him an eskimo kiss, just a little nose tap. He says that we're just friends. WTF.

Explain? Similar situations? Any other comments?
Maybe he's HOMOSEXUAL. =0
Some guys are naturally really flirty. It's annoying and confusing, but they're out there. I'm thinking he's probably one of them.
I've had a guy friend. He said sexual comments to every girl. For instance, "How many cars can you fit into your garage?" Stuff like that. I never really liked him, but he always saught out more than just a friendship from me.
Dead Rewen
Maybe he's HOMOSEXUAL. =0
No, dude, hes DEFINATLEY not gay. Oh no. Certainly not.

Familiar Explorer

6,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
Some guys are just naturally flirty. Although, him having you sit on his lap then pushing you away when you eskimo kiss him is a mixed signal. Tell him that. Ask him point blank what the heck is up with him. Tell him you thought you would try other things since he has been so flirty with you. Talk to him and infd out directly from him what has been going on in his mind about this whole situation.
Theres a girl I really like who all my friends though liked me, and they got my hopes up sad
Irene Rose
Theres this boy that I like, we'll call him Joe. For the past year or so, Joe and I have been aquaintences, and lately we've been friends. He's always been really flirty with me, saying things like "im in love with your eyes", or having me sit on his lap during lunch.

NOPE.

I saw him today and when we said goodbye, his face was really close to mine so I gave him an eskimo kiss, just a little nose tap. He says that we're just friends. WTF.

I'd wager that he likes a pretty girl to sit on his lap.
I'd say.. he's confused about whether or not he wants you. Maybe he wants you but something's scaring him off.. So he pushes you away. sweatdrop
Teedo
Irene Rose

NOPE.

I'd wager that he likes a pretty girl to sit on his lap.

Yep.
It's been my experience that most guys don't know what they're doing. Like Jeff Foxworthy said, guys are thinking "I'd like a beer, an' I'd like to see sum'n nekked". They're simple, really. And dense. So often what girls take for flirting or "signals", the guy isn't even aware of until the girl acts on it. Then "we're just friends" pops out, because that's what he was thinking all along.

Honestly, the only sure-fire way to tell if a guy likes you or not is to just ask him. Reading into "signals" is just a waste of time and energy.
Hmm giving out a mixed signal? Maybe he likes you and has had some past experience that is keeping him from wanting to be more than friends. An ex? Then again (as some already said) he's just really flirty.
Thank you all for your advice. Perhaps he is just flirty, but i hope not because I really like him. redface You can continue to post if you wish, I'll be checking in now and then.
Irene Rose

NOPE.

I'm the female form of him...
Dont take it personaly...

He might be just having fun...
Or seeing you as a challange ( which he overcame)
or he might not even realize what he's doin'....

xd HAha.
I always play around with my friends, playing with their hair, have them to sit in my lap, giving them massage and so on.. because I like to be close to my friends. It doesn't have to mean anything else. But we know where we have each other. I wouldn't do the same thing with a person who doesn't know anything about it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff