Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Dabbler

7,290 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
I feel like there's no point to life. At least, not mine.

I've lost three jobs due to depression - two of which lasted less than six weeks. The first lasted over a year and I voluntarily quit. I was a CNA at a nursing home and I couldn't handle watching the people that I cared for deteriorate and die at a regular rate. Because I lost my job, my parents kicked me out. I was homeless for about two and a half weeks before my sister took pity on me and took me in. I've been putting in applications all over, sending resumes, etc, but I never hear back, and when I call, I get told either "the position's been filled", "you are not a good fit", or "if we decide to interview you, we'll call you, do not call back".

I was a full-time student in my classes and doing quite well. One night, I was drinking with my sister, my friend, and two of his friends. I didn't get entirely drunk - I remember the entire night. When I finally fell asleep the next day, his friend took my keys and stole my car. He drove to a city two-and-a-half hours away, got both drunk and high, wrecked my car, and left it in the driveway with zero gas (I can't even turn it on). My insurance won't pay for it to get fixed, and I can't afford to put gas in the tank, let alone get it fixed. At the advice of my guidance counselor, I applied for a refund, but never heard anything back. I've been dropped from my classes by the teachers and put on financial probation.

I was in a relationship - it was good, for a while. He had a job and a car, and was saving up to move out. Now, he's blowing all his money on video games and is refusing to do anything but. He never wants to have sex - unusual, as he has a very high sex drive - but claims it's because "he's finally fully satisfied in a relationship and doesn't feel like he needs it as much". I don't know if it's true or not. I am always doing things for him, but when I ask him to do a simple task, he doesn't do it because he 'forgot' or some other reason. I finally found out that he doesn't want a girlfriend, per se - he wants a mom who will spoil him and give him babies. We're on a break now.

Due to my depression, I rarely have any motivation for anything. I sit on my a** all day getting fatter than I already am. I have one friend who is so busy with his job and school that he rarely has time for me. I have no self esteem and no social skills.

I won't kill myself - not yet, anyway. I don't have the motivation or the courage.

People tell me things will get better, and it used to make me feel better, but now, it feels like it's just empty words.

UPDATE || 11 OCT 2014
So...today, the police came by. He told me that he "wasn't getting anywhere with the individual". Then, he began to say strange things.
- "Do you have anything you want to tell me?"
- "You know, if someone were to confess to the crime, they wouldn't be in any trouble. The worst they'd get is a citation."
- "Have you heard any news?"

Now I'm convinced the police think that I wrecked my car while driving drunk and are trying to get me to confess to a crime I never committed.

Now I'm terrified that I'm going to be arrested for something I didn't do.

tl;dr I am pretty much a waste of space. I'm not a useful member of society, and it looks like I never will be.

Chatty Smoker

Wow, that's terrible. I'm sorry all that happened. Can you see a therapist about your depression, first of all? That's the root of a lot of your bad emotions.

Also, about the car, do you have any proof he stole it to press charges? Is there any sort of public transportation you can use for now? Try applying to places like fast food, grocery stores, etc. because they hire most people. It might not be your dream job, but it's money for now which can help you save for another car and school again.

Quotable Dabbler

7,290 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
br0wneyed-babe
Wow, that's terrible. I'm sorry all that happened. Can you see a therapist about your depression, first of all? That's the root of a lot of your bad emotions.

Also, about the car, do you have any proof he stole it to press charges? Is there any sort of public transportation you can use for now? Try applying to places like fast food, grocery stores, etc. because they hire most people. It might not be your dream job, but it's money for now which can help you save for another car and school again.

My school has a counselor free for students, and I was seeing a counselor for free at a local psychiatric clinic. I have no way to get there though.

I called the police afterwards and they brought him in for questioning, but other than that, I have no idea what's going on.

I live in a small town where there is no public transportation. Almost every place of work here is owned by Mennonites - because I left the church, they want nothing to do with me. I worked at a real estate office for a short time when I was fifteen (paid under the table of course), but a coworker started a rumor that I was sleeping with the boss's husband and I was let go. I worked at the Subway there too, but I quit to work as a CNA. I reapplied, but the same district manager is still in place and he doesn't want me back.

Sparkly Vampire

9,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
le criminel consultation
I feel like there's no point to life. At least, not mine.

I've lost three jobs due to depression - two of which lasted less than six weeks. The first lasted over a year and I voluntarily quit. I was a CNA at a nursing home and I couldn't handle watching the people that I cared for deteriorate and die at a regular rate. Because I lost my job, my parents kicked me out. I was homeless for about two and a half weeks before my sister took pity on me and took me in. I've been putting in applications all over, sending resumes, etc, but I never hear back, and when I call, I get told either "the position's been filled", "you are not a good fit", or "if we decide to interview you, we'll call you, do not call back".

I was a full-time student in my classes and doing quite well. One night, I was drinking with my sister, my friend, and two of his friends. I didn't get entirely drunk - I remember the entire night. When I finally fell asleep the next day, his friend took my keys and stole my car. He drove to a city two-and-a-half hours away, got both drunk and high, wrecked my car, and left it in the driveway with zero gas (I can't even turn it on). My insurance won't pay for it to get fixed, and I can't afford to put gas in the tank, let alone get it fixed. At the advice of my guidance counselor, I applied for a refund, but never heard anything back. I've been dropped from my classes by the teachers and put on financial probation.

I was in a relationship - it was good, for a while. He had a job and a car, and was saving up to move out. Now, he's blowing all his money on video games and is refusing to do anything but. He never wants to have sex - unusual, as he has a very high sex drive - but claims it's because "he's finally fully satisfied in a relationship and doesn't feel like he needs it as much". I don't know if it's true or not. I am always doing things for him, but when I ask him to do a simple task, he doesn't do it because he 'forgot' or some other reason. I finally found out that he doesn't want a girlfriend, per se - he wants a mom who will spoil him and give him babies. We're on a break now.

Due to my depression, I rarely have any motivation for anything. I sit on my a** all day getting fatter than I already am. I have one friend who is so busy with his job and school that he rarely has time for me. I have no self esteem and no social skills.

I won't kill myself - not yet, anyway. I don't have the motivation or the courage.

People tell me things will get better, and it used to make me feel better, but now, it feels like it's just empty words.

tl;dr I am pretty much a waste of space. I'm not a useful member of society, and it looks like I never will be.

You could always just join the military, but I recommend the air force or the national guard.

As for the car, you file a police report and sue those guys for damages. Grad theft auto, driving under the influence, and damaging property are all crimes. If you join the military, they'll provide you with free college and a GI bill. They may also help you get a car.

Don't be on break with this loser who you are clearly not happy with- just dump him.

If you won't live for yourself, live for others. volunteer work is the best and cheapest therapy.

Things won't get better until you are proactive and make a change in your life.

Sparkly Vampire

9,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
le criminel consultation
br0wneyed-babe

My school has a counselor free for students, and I was seeing a counselor for free at a local psychiatric clinic. I have no way to get there though.

I called the police afterwards and they brought him in for questioning, but other than that, I have no idea what's going on.

I live in a small town where there is no public transportation. Almost every place of work here is owned by Mennonites - because I left the church, they want nothing to do with me. I worked at a real estate office for a short time when I was fifteen (paid under the table of course), but a coworker started a rumor that I was sleeping with the boss's husband and I was let go. I worked at the Subway there too, but I quit to work as a CNA. I reapplied, but the same district manager is still in place and he doesn't want me back.

You could look for jobs outside this town, moving would be a good change. You're not going to grow in some small nowhere town that doesn't even have a good transportation system.

Quotable Dabbler

7,290 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
Lilith_Lilium
You could always just join the military, but I recommend the air force or the national guard.

As for the car, you file a police report and sue those guys for damages. Grad theft auto, driving under the influence, and damaging property are all crimes. If you join the military, they'll provide you with free college and a GI bill. They may also help you get a car.

Don't be on break with this loser who you are clearly not happy with- just dump him.

If you won't live for yourself, live for others. volunteer work is the best and cheapest therapy.

I tried to join the military. Because of my depression, they won't take me.

I did file a report - they took him in for questioning, but I haven't heard anything since, so I have no idea what's going on.

As for jobs outside the town - that's all I've been applying for. Everything that pops up on Craigslist, Monster, Indeed, the classifieds.

Sparkly Vampire

9,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
le criminel consultation
Lilith_Lilium

I tried to join the military. Because of my depression, they won't take me.

I did file a report - they took him in for questioning, but I haven't heard anything since, so I have no idea what's going on.

As for jobs outside the town - that's all I've been applying for. Everything that pops up on Craigslist, Monster, Indeed, the classifieds.

As long as it doesn't interfere with your ability to work and train, just tell them you're over your depression. You didn't have to be honest about your depression unless it was diagnosed on some medical file. Do you think your depression could go away if you just had a secure job, place to live, food to eat, bills paid for, a new car, etc? It's pretty damn natural to be depressed in your state of life if you're homeless and jobless.

You may have to go to the police station or call up the non-emergency police number of your city and ask what's up about it. Because you have the right to put those guys on trial for their crimes and property damages. Their fingerprints would likely be on the steering wheel and car door.

That's pretty much why I'm self employed. Unfortunately jobs would prefer it if you already lived in the same area. Also have experience and higher education.

Sweetest Wife

19,325 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Simple Romantic 50
  • The Edgiest 250
If therapy is an option, I would try that. Keep applying for jobs and gather any evidence against the person who stole your car.
Have a serious talk with your bf, and if he is unwilling to change or work anything out, I say leave.
You need to focus on yourself. Don't give up, and don't say "I can't". Things will be hard in the beginning, but the more you try, and keep a positive attitude, the better you will feel.

If you can do therapy, maybe you can get prescribed some medicine or healthy ways of dealing with it.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

The key is to stop looking outside of yourself for happiness. It comes from within. To obtain it, you have to be open to changing your behavior.

Depression is a serious issue. The fact you wrote you're not going to kill yourself "yet" is a huge red flag. Seek professional help. Therapy and medication may help get you to a point where you see things more clearly and be able to make the necessary changes for a more positive future.

You are not a waste of space, you just feel like one. It is a state of mind only.

Peace. ✌️

Chatty Smoker

I would try the free counselor at school, it might really help.

And damn, that sucks. Is there any other place you can live maybe? Some other town?

Quotable Dabbler

7,290 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
UPDATE TIME WHAT

Something ...unusual... happened today and now I'm scared. Will update the original post.

br0wneyed-babe || I've been trying to move away from this wretched town for years. I have no where to go until I can get a steady job.

Quotable Dabbler

7,290 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
whoops, my bad. misclick.
Break up with bf, like for good. No point in having dead weight.

Car is hard because I think you may be responsible for that in the end? You wont get arrested but you cant really prove it wasnt you, and I think the crash will be counted as you insurance wise at this point. Obviously the guy is saying that he didnt do it, which is why the cop came by. I think you are just out of luck on it from what the guy was saying..

How much help will your sister give you? Will she be able to loan you money for things like car repairs? Obviously put it in writing and plan to pay her back but your biggest issue is not being able to go to jobs if you got one. Or would she be able to drive you places?

Quotable Dabbler

7,290 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
legnanellaf5
Break up with bf, like for good. No point in having dead weight.

Car is hard because I think you may be responsible for that in the end? You wont get arrested but you cant really prove it wasnt you, and I think the crash will be counted as you insurance wise at this point. Obviously the guy is saying that he didnt do it, which is why the cop came by. I think you are just out of luck on it from what the guy was saying..

How much help will your sister give you? Will she be able to loan you money for things like car repairs? Obviously put it in writing and plan to pay her back but your biggest issue is not being able to go to jobs if you got one. Or would she be able to drive you places?

I am responsible for it. Since I've only got liability insurance and there's no proof he's at fault (and because he apparently doesn't have a job or insurance of his own), I'm 100% responsible.

She works five days out of the week, between 8 and 12 hours per shift. She's usually gone by 7 AM (today before 5) and doesn't come home until 7 PM or later most days. I'm hoping that I can maybe get on McDonald's night shift, since they're apparently 'desperate', because then I can work and still have her car home by the time she has to leave for work.

As for borrowing money - in spite of her many hours, she's still almost as broke at me. She's behind on some of her bills due to car trouble (her car is 15 years old and has been very very used - I know because it used to be our parents' car) and is pretty much struggling just as hard as me, except she has a job. She's trying to get me hired at her job, but her boss isn't exactly leaping at the idea.

Sparkly Vampire

9,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
le criminel consultation

UPDATE || 11 OCT 2014
So...today, the police came by. He told me that he "wasn't getting anywhere with the individual". Then, he began to say strange things.
- "Do you have anything you want to tell me?"
- "You know, if someone were to confess to the crime, they wouldn't be in any trouble. The worst they'd get is a citation."
- "Have you heard any news?"

Now I'm convinced the police think that I wrecked my car while driving drunk and are trying to get me to confess to a crime I never committed.

Now I'm terrified that I'm going to be arrested for something I didn't do.

******** cops, if anything happens you get a lawyer and have him dust for finger prints on the car and hair that might be his in the car. How much was the car? Unfortunately since that drunk a** doesn't have any cash nor job, you may have to wait until he gets one and sue for damages. Though first you need to be having a job and place yourself.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff