Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ok.Today at tennis practice,we were playing for our seats(rank).I was put up against this girl who is really easy to beat.Everything was going fine.I had already won the first match!Then,this old woman who helps us at our practices comes in and bugs me constantly so I keep hitting faults!This kept up until the game was 4-1...the other girl with 4.I got so distracted!Finally someone comes in and pulls her away from me.I kept on playing,and every time I'd go to do something,I'd end up thinking of what that old woman said and the balls would either go out of bounds or it'd go into the net.I lost that game 6-2!I told the coach that I wanted to re-match her so I still didn't lose my seat,and he said "Not everyone gets to do re-matches." I got so mad!Then,he let 2 of my other teammates re-match eachother!I now know why he wouldn't let me re-match her.She is the coach's daughter and he knows she really sucks and now she has a total of 2 wins.He just wanted to make her look better!So,can anyone give me some advice as to what I should do/say??BESIDES "GET OVER IT"!!!!

Distinct Elocutionist

14,500 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
Did you explain everything that happened to the coach? If so, I'm not really sure what you can do, except practice more, win more games, and know that you're the better player.
For the old lady incident,
There's a lesson learned here, never let other interfear with your concentration, it takes practice but I have learned from years of experience from crowd screams while I am up to bat at baseball to not let things get in the way. Just try to stay focus.

As for the coach,
Well if that is true that he is doing that for that purpose just ignore him, people make other people look good only if a person doesn't have good credibility.

Obsessive Entrepreneur

15,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Wow, that's incredibly annoying! But I'm not sure there's really anything you can do. Maybe you can show the other girl up by being a whole lot better than her now blaugh blaugh That's show the coach too scream
Sorry, that wasn't very mature sweatdrop

Blessed Codger

"The time for maturity is over!!!" hahahah....I love that quote...aaaaanyway, that totally sucks and it's a total injustice and I'm very sorry it happened. However, just some advice of what NOOOOTTTT to do:
Don't do immature stuff or anything, just show everyone how much better you are. If you're, like, quiietly going insane, perhaps you should confront the coach with this issue? Don't hate me, this is the best advice I can give!!! crying (huggles) I reeeeally hope stuff gets better for you... heart crying
man who gives a s**t
Is there anyone other then the coach in charge? You should talk to them since they can see things clearly. Other then that there probably isn't much you can do. Remember it's just a game and it's supposed to be fun!
Yes that is frustrating and annoying and unfair. However, as you have said you have no choice but to get over it. Unfortunately, it's the way things are.
Learning to put out useless distractions is part of becoming a good player. Until then, politely tell the old woman to be more considerate of the players. If that fails, you're packin' a racket wink

And as for all you people who think this isn't an issue...WTF?? Just 'cause she's not having the same stupid a** problems as everyone else doesn't mean you have the right to say "I don't give a s**t" It's GOOD that there are people who don't know what the backs of cop cars, bloody razor blades and dead people look like, jeez!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff