Welcome to Gaia! ::

I don't get it. Why is it that when someone is about to ask out one of their close friends, they think the friend won't like them anymore?

If they are your friend, they are your friend and shouldn't just dump you because you like them more then a friend.

I know this isn't a life issue but I have seen this in many threads and I have never experienced this anywhere in my life.

Divine Nymph

7,800 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
people think that because everyone ferar rejection. no matter who you are, you fear rejection
Yeah, I've never had that happen either. I think they're just anxious, so they're seeing problems that aren't likely to happen.
i dont really understand what u r saying...but nice avi. heart heart

Witty Sage

afraid to lose the freindship...
Because them, most of the time, it complicates the relationship.

Or makes it awkward.
RoseGoddess
people think that because everyone ferar rejection. no matter who you are, you fear rejection

I agree with her, coz its true. If you like them more then a fwend, then you myte just lose that friendship. It gets a but awkward, coz you dont know what to say or how to act. sweatdrop
<center>Its simple really,

If you tell your friend you like them and they don't feel the same, things get akward. Your friend might be more distant and nervous when around you, fearing that you always have feelings for them and it might be a sexual attraction, some of the time, they won't do the same things with you, like kiss your cheek and snuggle (Yes, friends do do those things. No, I'm positive I'm not the only one. whee ), because their wary you might try something.

That usally only lasts for a month,depending if you notify your friend and ect.,

But sometimes- if you really love your friend and they don't feel the same, the friendship ends, or they preten to like you as to not hurt you and that ends. The other opition is more common from my exprence.

Fear of rejection and abandonment really, it comes along with asking anyone out or telling anyone you 'like like' them.
whee
</center>
Awkwardness.
The Bijoux
I don't get it. Why is it that when someone is about to ask out one of their close friends, they think the friend won't like them anymore?

If they are your friend, they are your friend and shouldn't just dump you because you like them more then a friend.

I know this isn't a life issue but I have seen this in many threads and I have never experienced this anywhere in my life.

I know that relationships shouldn't change after telling a friend you like them, but there is a very high chance that it will. As it has been mentioned above, the friend may start acting weird around you if you tell them you like them. I've liked some of my friends and that was my biggest reason for not saying anything.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff