Welcome to Gaia! ::

I am not suicidal, self harming, or any of the such.

I am unhappy and I have been for a long, long time. I've been to therapy, I've been on drugs, nothing makes me happy. In the last several years I've stopped enjoying activities I used to. I have one single friend, and they're about to move away. I typically don't enjoy talking to people or being around them. I work two jobs to keep busy, because when I am not busy I just sit down and stare at the wall all day.

I've come to the conclusion that I just can't be happy like normal people. But I'm highly functional regardless. I'm not depressed, just unhappy. I need to keep busy, and once my friend leaves I will know no one in this city. I don't like living in this city.

I want to give up myself to something. My first thought was the military, but they wont accept me because I had asthma as a child. My next idea was Peace Corps, but they say on their website you need a college degree of some kind.

I just want to stop trying to have a personal life. I don't care about doing physical labor. I like physical labor. I just want someone -or a group of people- to tell me what to do. If I could travel that would be even better.

What other organizations will be able to do this for me?

Gekko

you and i are the same.

except the physical labour part. i hate physical labour.

Try construction. Go join those weird missions that go build houses in s**t hole areas.
Pleikaaun
you and i are the same.

Try construction. Go join those weird missions that go build houses in s**t hole areas.
I don't know how to find these organizations.

Gekko

SilveryFoxCub
Pleikaaun
you and i are the same.

Habitat for Humanity is one.

There are also a few Catholic and Christian youth groups that do it.
Pleikaaun
SilveryFoxCub
Pleikaaun
you and i are the same.

As far as I understand Habitat for Humanity doesn't pay or house you. I'm looking for something that will completely encompass my life.

I was raised atheist, but would have no problem working with a Christian organization. However, having been raised without religion I don't know how the whole system works. How would I get involved with them?

Gekko

SilveryFoxCub
Pleikaaun
SilveryFoxCub
Pleikaaun
you and i are the same.

As far as I understand Habitat for Humanity doesn't pay or house you. I'm looking for something that will completely encompass my life.

I was raised atheist, but would have no problem working with a Christian organization. However, having been raised without religion I don't know how the whole system works. How would I get involved with them?

Just go to one of the Church group events.

I find the Catholics a lot less crazier than the non-denominational ones. Though, most of them are unpaid too.

You could just do normal construction. Or maybe you could join a flight crew and be one of those people who does in-flight maintenance. Or you could join one of those shipping companies that delivers large goods by ship, like in that Shipping Wars show.
You cant really expect something to let you have no personal life at all. Even stuff like the military, makes you bond with others. So you need to forget about this stupid idea and work on being happy. It isnt a sudden thing, it isnt going to happen by you just moping around all day, you just need to start living.

You dont like living in the city? Okay move. Idk where, its up to you. You can go traveling if you want you can go to a different country, whatever. Find somewhere you like. Find people you like to be around, find peace in yourself.

Generous Giver

well, think of it like this. live for yourself. if you want to travel, get a jar and fill it with savings. take that friend with you. make a bond. try something new. when you're bored, go to a new cafe. read a good book, discover different cultures.

be dramatic. never give up, EVER. try your best in everything. you will find it will only benefit you. join an art class. buy a new outfit. make a list of things you want to do before you die.

you can find someone you look at a think "god, i see the stars in their eyes and i feel the warmth in their heartbeat. i am so glad i found something so precious to live for"

Lavish Consumer

11,000 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Become a janitor. Go to a bar and make friends. Become a webcam model. Take up some job you've always wanted to do if none of these things.

Seems like you want to feel wanted. Are you a male or a female?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff