Welcome to Gaia! ::

High-functioning Noob

~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

You already acknowledge that it's bad, and you're posting for the reason that you would like enough people to say the right things to get you to not do it, and then fighting them when they try, i.e., your response to the first poster.

There is literally no point to this thread other than seeking attention if you're not willing to accept help from the nice people.

~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Vermillion Smoker

19,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Tipsy 100
whats the life issue here? you said you didnt want people to convince to not do it, right? so, do you want them to tell you its alright? im just confused about your issue here...

it is almost like you're bragging about it.

Blessed Prophet

As a former cutter, I'm not going to tell you what to do, but I will say that once you get into that cycle again it's just going to make things worse. It may help temporarily, but in the long run it's not doing any good.

If you need someone to talk to, I'm always open.

Rainbow Lover

I know the feeling. I started cutting after not doing it for years. It's a hard compulsion to break. I'm on N-Acytl Cystine, it helps with cravings to cut. My best regards go out to you.
Capa Branned-Alms
Namekuji no Baka
So, are you looking for people to convince you not to? Ultimately, we can't make you do anything. Just go for it then, you'll probably make a myriad of excuses as to why you should keep doing it anyways.

Um, no. I'm not

But your response makes me wonder why you'd be in LI, anyway. You're an insensitive t**t

Couldn't have said it better myself. But look, there's alternatives to drugs, alcohol, cutting, we just have to find passion in other things that doesn't hurt us. Find something my friend. It doesn't seem bad right now, but It gets worse if you continue on down this path.

Noble Hero

I won't blurt out my own path of self mutilations, but you should really think about taking up another passion, unless you want to purposely forfeit life. I don't think you should make a thread if you don't exactly seek advice. You seem to have your mind all made up. Shame really, giving up like this. You could do anything you want, be productive for yourself yet you want to sustain yourself like this. I won't sugarcoat it: go volunteer or something. Unless you have a premonition of some death wish, encouraging yourself to this behavior to "feel" isn't doing anything for you. Maybe if you go help or find something else to do, you might enjoy it.

Lay off the booze too. It's not making you any happier, obviously.

Or continue the path and end up in some funny farm.

Generous Donator

11,900 Points
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
New Vogue Child
I super know how you feel, dude. The last thing you need is a bunch of condescending people chastising you for this.

Thing about that feeling, cutting can be an addiction. With any addiction, no matter how long you've done without, one slip up, and it's suddenly somewhere safe and familiar - like coming home again.

If things are that bad, have been that bad for months, you should look around and check out local mental health places... I did recently, and I found a really cool therapist who I feel like I have a real connection with. I've never had that before.

If you find the right fit, maybe you won't need to do cut anymore.
You're not alone.

I ended up seeing a therapist on Sunday. I'm gonna see a different one tonight and see which I like better

One is incredibly alternative in her methods, and the other does standard talk therapy

Eloquent Lunatic

Capa Branned-Alms
New Vogue Child
I super know how you feel, dude. The last thing you need is a bunch of condescending people chastising you for this.

Thing about that feeling, cutting can be an addiction. With any addiction, no matter how long you've done without, one slip up, and it's suddenly somewhere safe and familiar - like coming home again.

If things are that bad, have been that bad for months, you should look around and check out local mental health places... I did recently, and I found a really cool therapist who I feel like I have a real connection with. I've never had that before.

If you find the right fit, maybe you won't need to do cut anymore.
You're not alone.

I ended up seeing a therapist on Sunday. I'm gonna see a different one tonight and see which I like better

One is incredibly alternative in her methods, and the other does standard talk therapy

That's fantastic, good luck~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces