Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you think that it would ever be possible for me to find a girlfriend?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on April 26, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21 22 23 > >>

I am 16 years old, and I will be 17 in June. I am relatively 'pure' - I have never had sex, a girlfriend, a kiss, or a crush. I am wondering if I have not been living life to the fullest by not pursuing any of these things.

To explain a little, instead of going to a traditional school, I have been in an independent study program since I was 13 - It's almost the same as homeschooling. I go to the school to see a teacher, receive some schoolwork from him, take the work home, and do it over the course of the week. It is not a 'school' in the traditional sense - It is just a small building where I drop off and get my work.

Because of being schooled this way, I've been able to live a lifestyle where I stay home all day - and that's exactly what I've done. I haven't had any friends in the past three, almost four, years. And, of course, I have never had a girlfriend. I simply never get out. I never really had a reason to, so I never did.

Now that I am very close to being 17 years old, I am becoming insecure about not having done so many things that other people my age have already done dozens of times. I know that I will always have the chance to do them in the future, but I still feel as if I have been missing out so far.

I hope that it would not make me sound too desperate to say this, but I have been worried if I am the type of guy whom a girl would ever consider dating. I am going to describe myself as honestly as possible, and then I'd like to know if I sound like it would ever be possible for me to find a girlfriend.

Personality : I always try to make everyone around me feel as comfortable and happy as possible. I am also very sensitive to what is proper and appropriate in dealing with others, and I always try to speak or act without offending anyone. I'd also describe myself as sweet, since I hear people call me that a lot. I'm shy in some situations, but outgoing in others. I often have romantic daydreams and think of romantic things to say, so I guess I could describe myself as a romantic guy. I try my very best to be respectable and a gentleman. I would say that I am a pretty understanding guy - I always try to see things from other people's perspectives, and I am open-minded to lots of different things, like the beliefs of others, and I am tolerant of lots of different types of people; I'm not very judgmental at all. I'm honest, but I always take care not to hurt anyone with anything that I say. I'm not competitive by nature, but if my girlfriend wanted me to compete with her at something, I would if she wanted me to. I'm not a neat freak, but I do like things clean. I don't usually prefer to leave my house (Although, of course, if my girlfriend wanted to, then I would be fine with it). I'm always willing to try new things. I'm a pretty independent guy; if a girl wanted to play mother and care for me, though, I would be fine with that.

How I would treat my girlfriend : Like a goddess! Well, if it bothered her to be pampered, then I would back off. But, if I had a girlfriend, I would want to keep her as happy as possible. I'd love to do things for her like hold open the door for her when she walks into a building, or pull out a chair for her when she sat down. I'd always ask how her day had been. I would NEVER cheat on her. I like to play video games, but I would not love my computer or gaming system more than my girlfriend, and she would always get more attention than my game, or anything else. If she needed help with anything at all, I would help her. I would always be supportive of her and anything she chose to do. I'd listen intently to anything she had to say, and I would be open with her, as well. I wouldn't have a problem at all with doing simple romantic things, like just laying in the grass at a park, and pointing out clouds and saying what they look like. I would stand up for her. I would respect her, both her values and her boundaries, and treat her as an equal. I would NOT see her as a sex object, or ornament, or dumping ground. I could never 'use' a girl or be a 'playa'. sweatdrop I would be perfectly willing to compromise and improve so that I live up to her expectations. I would show that I love her in every sweet way I could think of. I would want her to feel like she could be herself around me. She wouldn't have to wear makeup or change her appearance for me. I wouldn't have a problem with calling her frequently if she wanted me to. This may sound like a lie, but I wouldn't even look at other girls if I had a girlfriend. I hope that it didn't sound like I was trying to say that I'm a pushover who will let her make me do whatever she wants; just to make it clear, I am saying that I would be delighted to do whatever she'd want.

Physical Description : I am 16 years old, 5"10' tall, and weigh 130 pounds. I think I look pretty skinny. I work out, but I don't think it really shows. I might actually be burning muscle rather than building it. sweatdrop I'm not very athletic, and I'm not sure if I'm strong. I suppose I'm lacking in this area...Still, I would say that I am healthy.

Spirituality : I was baptized a Catholic, but I do not consider myself to be a very religious person. Sometimes I feel like I am an Agnostic - like I don't know if there is or isn't a God. Most of the time, I don't even think about that stuff. It never played a large role in my life. However, I do have an inner set of beliefs by how I operate. I would really hope that my girlfriend wouldn't make me convert to her religion or anything like that.

Financial Security : I think I have good budgeting skills. I usually only spend money on very important things. I don't have a job at the moment, but if I had a girlfriend, then I would definitely aim for a job that would let me support her.

Sexual Appetite : I love affection, both giving and receiving it. I would be perfectly happy even just holdings hands, holding each other, cuddling up and snuggling somewhere, sharing soft kisses, etc. I would be willing to go as far as my girlfriend felt like going. I would never make her do anything that she didn't want to, though.

Flaws : I really like jokes and funny stuff, but I'm not sure how funny I am myself. All of my family members are funny, and they say I'm funny, too, but I don't know if I'm as funny as they are. I do have a sense of humor, although when I try to be spontaneous, I may be a bit too goofy and silly for some people's tastes. I'm quiet most of the time, but I always try my best to not be a boring person. I know how attractive confidence is, but, sadly, I have to admit that I don't have much of it. sweatdrop If I did have a girlfriend, though, I would feel like I was on top of the world, and be WAY more confident. I would be sad to have to give my girlfriend alone time, but I would let her be alone if she wanted to. I would also feel extremely jealous if she hugged or kissed her male best friends or told them that she loved them, but I would not treat my girlfriend badly because of it. If my girlfriend wanted me to tease her, I guess I could try, but I really don't like teasing people, because it feels mean. That's also why I don't like being teased. Even if it's only meant as a joke and not seriously, it still hurts me. I picked up a lot of my facial expressions and mannerisms from anime, so I probably look pretty silly sometimes. I guess that some girls would consider my biggest flaws to be that I am not comfortable with who I am and I'm not sure what I want from life.

I am not confident about my looks. I'm not sure if I can say if I am handsome, ugly, or what. Here is a picture.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/EvaXephon/me.jpg

(The picture is only a few days old. I shaved my upper lip today, so the picture is already a little outdated.)

Etc : I thought I should add that I don't do drugs, smoke, or drink, and I don't particularly want to sweatdrop

Well, I guess that's it. I know that the one thing that it does NOT look like I have from this post is modesty, but it was only so that I could be honest and let everyone know about me so I could find out if I am boyfriend material or not. I guess as a final note I should say that I didn't mean for this topic to be a dating service, I just wanted to know if I had a chance of ever finding a girlfriend...

(P.S. - I am sorry if this post seems like a re-post, but I wanted to compile all of my feelings into one topic instead of having them strewn about in separate topics.)

xaben's Spouse

Seeker

You're obviously boyfriend material, you allready knew that though. You're inexperienced, but at 17 that's not too abnormal. It sounds like you have decent people skills, so you shouldn't have a problem meeting friends once you do go out. I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for from this post, other than reassurance that you're boyfriend material, or perhaps an ego boost, which you'll likely recieve.

Edit: So here's a question; do you want a girlfriend/friends?
Never too late to find love. Don't worry, it'll come! heart
Dude, relax. I'm 19 and I got my first girlfriend at... 19. 3 month ago to be exact. You have plenty of time, take your time, look for the perfect girl and go for her when you see her, its not abnormal that your still single at 16/17.
You're only 16 (almost 17..) I don't think you need to worry about having wasted your youth. As for getting a girlfriend...the reason you probably haven't is because you don't spend time with friends, which makes it very hard to meet people and form relationships. So it's very possible that you can find a girlfriend, you just need to let it happen when it's right (although making steps to go out and meet people will certainly increase your chances) I don't think you have to worry about being good boyfriend material, you just need to find the right girl. Which you have plenty of time for!
Kaden Prescot
So here's a question; do you want a girlfriend/friends?

Yes, I do want a girlfriend, and hope to have friends...
<center>Everything will work out eventually.
Try going to regular school are hangout at the mall or something.
AWWWWW.........your hella cute, you look so happy in that picture....I love that in guys heart

you sound like Great Boyfriend material to me, nothing flawed about you.

P.S......Video games RULE!!!
AloneintheShadows
Try going to regular school are hangout at the mall or something.

Ah - that's just it. It's been years since I've gone to a regular school, so I have trouble believing that I could function in a setting like that. And, I've never really gone to hangout anywhere - I wouldn't know what to do.
Wasted your youth? I feel that way sometimes. You still have into your late 20's to "be young", though, so don't worry.

You sound like a good guy. When you do find a girl, don't let her walk all over you.
You sound like a very kind person. You look OK, but the facial hair on that pic is ugly (but that's OK cos you've shaved it now). Just get out more and meet new people and you'll find someone.
I really don't see what the big deal is. A lot of people like people who are inexperienced. It'll happen when it's meant to, stop stressing over it.
Join a club, hang out at the library, go to the pool, SOMETHING where you can meet other people your age. You seem like perfect boyfriend material, so you will find someone. And I checked you picture. The smile is goofy in a good way. You'll easily find someone if you get out there!!!
Leviticus can shove it
Wasted your youth? I feel that way sometimes. You still have into your late 20's to "be young", though, so don't worry.

Ah, well, what I meant was, if I've missed out on so much already, the resy of my life doesn't matter because I can't make up for what I've lost.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff